NHL’s New Seattle Kraken Announce Name & Logos

crashcarson15

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, king_mahalo said:

I'm curious what the team will promote as far as nicknames, I'm sure they don't want "Krakheads" and "The Krakhouse" to gain too much traction. 

The "Krakheads"/"Krakhouse" jokes will get old even faster than the "Release the Kraken" call. Besides, I saw a fair amount of people calling them "Squids" already... 🐙

On 8/4/2020 at 8:23 PM, darkpiranha said:

For decades, I was a militant hardliner that a sports team MUST use the "Cityname Plural Mascots" template.

Same here.

My childhood sports teams all fit into the "City Name Plural Mascots" template. With family back in the U.K., I became increasingly aware of City and singular entity names.

I've grown to like them. To me now, a non-plural name sounds more majestic? grand? "All for One"?

Grammatically, it's fine. Are you naming a bunch of individual players, or the club/team/squad that these players play for?

In the latter case, you're naming a single entity, so a non-plural name is just fine.

I'm good with the Kraken being the name for the hockey club playing its home games at the ocean's edge.

42 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Are we still discussing the plural/ singular question?  I thought it was pretty much agreed that Kraken was an exceptable plural form?

Yep. You're right. Kraken is an acceptable plural form.

I should have said "Cityname-Mascot name ending in "S"", rather than "Cityname-Plural Mascots" in my comments.

So, with Kraken, you can it both ways, which makes it even more perfect.😝

3 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

Some glove concepts for Seattle that Bauer's floating around. I love the first two.

The white gloves actually look decent, but I really hope they don't actually pick them.  The bottom left one makes me think that maybe they should have used the lighter blue as the primary colour.  Maybe for a future alternate.

3 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

Some glove concepts for Seattle that Bauer's floating around. I love the first two.

This team is already going to be constantly compared to the Golden Knights, so it'd probably be for the best for them to avoid white gloves.

3 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Why are they going to be constantly compared to the Golden Knights?  Just because they entered the league subsequently?   That’ll fade as time goes on. 

People mention that the Wild and Blue Jackets are expansion cousins whenever they play, and I remember seeing some sort of comparison article between them not that long ago. Different sport, but same idea; MNUFC always gets compared to Atlanta and LAFC since they have been successful and the Loons haven't.

While we're on soccer, everyone thought that Orlando and NYCFC were going to be rivals since they started at the same time, but nothing could be farther from the truth.

The Kraken and the Golden Knights don't even have that.  Vegas had already played a whole season and a half before Seattle was even announced.  If they're cousins, they're very distant cousins.

19 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

While we're on soccer, everyone thought that Orlando and NYCFC were going to be rivals since they started at the same time, but nothing could be farther from the truth.

The Kraken and the Golden Knights don't even have that.  Vegas had already played a whole season and a half before Seattle was even announced.  If they're cousins, they're very distant cousins.

They both married into the family at around the same time and they look alike, but one was popular from the get-go and the other tries too hard.

On 8/9/2020 at 11:22 PM, king_mahalo said:

I've already purchased a few pieces of merchandise. The logos look great on navy, ice blue, and white. Looks terrible on black. Fanatics sucks for merchandise.

Unless your team logo actually uses black, then yeah I've always avoided anything that puts it on black. Unless it's a puck.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

15 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Why are they going to be constantly compared to the Golden Knights?  Just because they entered the league subsequently?   That’ll fade as time goes on. 

Regardless, they should let them have the white gloves and go with a dark colour.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

3 hours ago, Bagel said:

Is it wrong that I really want salmon gloves?

Considering salmon isn’t part of the color scheme, I think it’s fair to say that is, indeed, wrong. 😂

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived