NHL’s New Seattle Kraken Announce Name & Logos

crashcarson15

20 hours ago, monkeypower said:

Yeah, I'd have to imagine that guy would have something to do with it.

Account name squatting sucks, but that account has existed since 2013, (though it doesn't mean his account name was always @seattlekraken the entire time) and the guy wrote a Medium "article" back in 2014 saying Seattle needs an NHL team and it should be called Kraken, so maybe he does deserve something if the Kraken want the @.

A few minutes of sleuthing tells me that SeattleKrakenNHL and Seattle_Kraken are unclaimed. I think the team would've used one of those.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The easy solution is just "@NHLKraken", since that's what a bunch of other team handles are; unfortunately, someone has that one, too, because Twitter is a cesspool where every potential handle is claimed by some idiot trying to either fool people or extort money from companies.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2020 at 12:12 PM, SFGiants58 said:

Well, the uniforms are better than anything Sparky ever designed.

Yep!...Adidas sure kicked MY ass.

I've been on vacation, so I'm a little late to the party.

I just swung by to say kudos to Seattle NHL for having the balls to go with the big, bold, unique (although somewhat risky) Kraken...

And congrats to the Adidas gang for a great job in pulling off a tricky identity.

Very well done! 👍👍

On 9/9/2020 at 4:26 PM, Ridleylash said:

The easy solution is just "@NHLKraken", since that's what a bunch of other team handles are; unfortunately, someone has that one, too, because Twitter is a cesspool where every potential handle is claimed by some idiot trying to either fool people or extort money from companies.

I'm not saying it's ideal, but I really can't muster up many tears for the corporation that just plunked down 650 million dollars on a hockey team. Twitter is a cesspool for countless other reasons first.

9 hours ago, monkeypower said:

Well they have been in graphic form, but I remember seeing Adidas say they won’t be available for purchase until closer to the expansion draft.

10 hours ago, Dynasty said:

Has it been announced when the uniforms will be officially revealed?

Those are them. They aren’t a placeholder. It’ll be well into next year before the retail product finally arrives because they were just finalized not long before the unveiling, but that’s what they’ll look like.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

15 hours ago, ebod39 said:

@ebod39...The sweaters are beauty!!👍

I imagine the socks will reflect the arm striping?

What's the plan for the pants?... Plain?... Striped?...

37 minutes ago, sparky chewbarky said:

@ebod39...The sweaters are beauty!!👍

I imagine the socks will reflect the arm striping?

What's the plan for the pants?... Plain?... Striped?...

There’s a rendering of the home uniform that was released with the unveiling.  Plain shorts, and yes the striping pattern is carried over to the socks. They mentioned teams “owning” their unique stripe patterns, and being able to use them as another logo. 

I’ll see if I can dig out the pic.  

Edit: here ‘tis. 

spacer.pngspacer.png

I used to live in downtown Seattle and -- caveat, prior to uniform launch -- so no evidence of NHL Seattle enthusiasm. Now I live outside of the city in the suburbs, and yesterday at Costco, I amazingly saw far more Kraken gear on random people than any other Seattle sports team. Given it's Seahawks season, I found that pretty remarkable.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

14 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Now I live outside of the city in the suburbs, and yesterday at Costco, I amazingly saw far more Kraken gear on random people than any other Seattle sports team. Given it's Seahawks season, I found that pretty remarkable.

The newness factor also probably plays a big role; the Kraken are the big new team in town, so naturally a lot of people will be excited for them and rep their gear.

On 9/10/2020 at 6:56 AM, Ridleylash said:

Surely Twitter would have something in it's terms and conditions allowing it to simply change usernames at a whim if it was clear account squatting was taking place.

I know Instagram changed the handle of a Reading FC supporter living in Sussex so they could give the @sussexroyal handle to Harry and Meghan - without even telling him first. I think he ended up with @_sussexroyal_

It's better than the new/old Senators logo.

*ducks*

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

17 hours ago, nash61 said:

It's better than the new/old Senators logo.

That's an incredibly low bar.

17 hours ago, nash61 said:

*ducks*

Better than the Ducks, too.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

3 hours ago, -kj said:

That's an incredibly low bar.

Better than the Ducks, too.

It’s miles ahead of both of those logos. It’s probably in the top 10 of the league honestly. Maybe even better than the Habs logo...

I’m assuming this is about the Kraken logo? 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

5 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

It’s miles ahead of both of those logos. It’s probably in the top 10 of the league honestly. Maybe even better than the Habs logo...

I’m assuming this is about the Kraken logo? 

In my personal opinion, the Ducks' logo is the worst in the league.

The Senators' logo (the new one - the updated old one - you know what I mean) is probably somewhere in the middle for me. Maybe slightly in the bottom half, but nowhere near the worst. I actually think its quite nice.

The Kraken logo is too new, but I think it will probably end up around the middle as well, maybe a little bit higher but not too high. It doesn't really feel like a hockey logo to me - it looks like a cool energy drink brand aimed at teenagers. But like I said it's new and that might change. I still think it's a good logo.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

On 9/21/2020 at 8:07 AM, El Scorcho said:

Surely Twitter would have something in it's terms and conditions allowing it to simply change usernames at a whim if it was clear account squatting was taking place.

I know Instagram changed the handle of a Reading FC supporter living in Sussex so they could give the @sussexroyal handle to Harry and Meghan - without even telling him first. I think he ended up with @_sussexroyal_

I figured the same thing. It's not like cyber-squatting on web domains--this is a closed system run by a single entity.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Archived