crashcarson15

NHL’s New Seattle Kraken Announce Name & Logos

Recommended Posts

20 hours ago, monkeypower said:

 

Yeah, I'd have to imagine that guy would have something to do with it.

 

Account name squatting sucks, but that account has existed since 2013, (though it doesn't mean his account name was always @seattlekraken the entire time) and the guy wrote a Medium "article" back in 2014 saying Seattle needs an NHL team and it should be called Kraken, so maybe he does deserve something if the Kraken want the @.

A few minutes of sleuthing tells me that SeattleKrakenNHL and Seattle_Kraken are unclaimed. I think the team would've used one of those.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sportsfan7 said:

A few minutes of sleuthing tells me that SeattleKrakenNHL and Seattle_Kraken are unclaimed. I think the team would've used one of those.

 

One is too long and the other is taken

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The easy solution is just "@NHLKraken", since that's what a bunch of other team handles are; unfortunately, someone has that one, too, because Twitter is a cesspool where every potential handle is claimed by some idiot trying to either fool people or extort money from companies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/23/2020 at 12:12 PM, SFGiants58 said:

Well, the uniforms are better than anything Sparky ever designed.

 

Yep!...Adidas sure kicked MY ass.

 

 

I've been on vacation, so I'm a little late to the party.

I just swung by to say kudos to Seattle NHL for having the balls to go with the big, bold, unique (although somewhat risky) Kraken...

 

And congrats to the Adidas gang for a great job in pulling off a tricky identity.

Very well done! 👍👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has it been announced when the uniforms will be officially revealed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/9/2020 at 4:26 PM, Ridleylash said:

The easy solution is just "@NHLKraken", since that's what a bunch of other team handles are; unfortunately, someone has that one, too, because Twitter is a cesspool where every potential handle is claimed by some idiot trying to either fool people or extort money from companies.

 
I'm not saying it's ideal, but I really can't muster up many tears for the corporation that just plunked down 650 million dollars on a hockey team. Twitter is a cesspool for countless other reasons first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dynasty said:

Has it been announced when the uniforms will be officially revealed?


Well they have been in graphic form, but I remember seeing Adidas say they won’t be available for purchase until closer to the expansion draft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, monkeypower said:


Well they have been in graphic form, but I remember seeing Adidas say they won’t be available for purchase until closer to the expansion draft.

 

10 hours ago, Dynasty said:

Has it been announced when the uniforms will be officially revealed?


Those are them. They aren’t a placeholder. It’ll be well into next year before the retail product finally arrives because they were just finalized not long before the unveiling, but that’s what they’ll look like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, sparky chewbarky said:

 

@ebod39...The sweaters are beauty!!👍

 

I imagine the socks will reflect the arm striping?

What's the plan for the pants?... Plain?... Striped?...


There’s a rendering of the home uniform that was released with the unveiling.  Plain shorts, and yes the striping pattern is carried over to the socks. They mentioned teams “owning” their unique stripe patterns, and being able to use them as another logo. 
 

I’ll see if I can dig out the pic.  
 

Edit: here ‘tis. 
 

spacer.pngspacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used to live in downtown Seattle and -- caveat, prior to uniform launch -- so no evidence of NHL Seattle enthusiasm. Now I live outside of the city in the suburbs, and yesterday at Costco, I amazingly saw far more Kraken gear on random people than any other Seattle sports team. Given it's Seahawks season, I found that pretty remarkable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Now I live outside of the city in the suburbs, and yesterday at Costco, I amazingly saw far more Kraken gear on random people than any other Seattle sports team. Given it's Seahawks season, I found that pretty remarkable.

The newness factor also probably plays a big role; the Kraken are the big new team in town, so naturally a lot of people will be excited for them and rep their gear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a great brand launching website, so enjoyable to scroll through that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/10/2020 at 6:56 AM, Ridleylash said:

The easy solution is just "@NHLKraken", since that's what a bunch of other team handles are; unfortunately, someone has that one, too, because Twitter is a cesspool where every potential handle is claimed by some idiot trying to either fool people or extort money from companies.

 

Surely Twitter would have something in it's terms and conditions allowing it to simply change usernames at a whim if it was clear account squatting was taking place.

 

I know Instagram changed the handle of a Reading FC supporter living in Sussex so they could give the @sussexroyal handle to Harry and Meghan - without even telling him first. I think he ended up with @_sussexroyal_

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's better than the new/old Senators logo.

 

*ducks*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, nash61 said:

It's better than the new/old Senators logo.

 

That's an incredibly low bar.

 

17 hours ago, nash61 said:

*ducks*

 

Better than the Ducks, too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, -kj said:

 

That's an incredibly low bar.

 

 

Better than the Ducks, too.

It’s miles ahead of both of those logos. It’s probably in the top 10 of the league honestly. Maybe even better than the Habs logo...

 

I’m assuming this is about the Kraken logo? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

It’s miles ahead of both of those logos. It’s probably in the top 10 of the league honestly. Maybe even better than the Habs logo...

 

I’m assuming this is about the Kraken logo? 

 

In my personal opinion, the Ducks' logo is the worst in the league.

 

The Senators' logo (the new one - the updated old one - you know what I mean) is probably somewhere in the middle for me. Maybe slightly in the bottom half, but nowhere near the worst. I actually think its quite nice.

 

The Kraken logo is too new, but I think it will probably end up around the middle as well, maybe a little bit higher but not too high. It doesn't really feel like a hockey logo to me - it looks like a cool energy drink brand aimed at teenagers. But like I said it's new and that might change. I still think it's a good logo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/21/2020 at 8:07 AM, El Scorcho said:

 

Surely Twitter would have something in it's terms and conditions allowing it to simply change usernames at a whim if it was clear account squatting was taking place.

 

I know Instagram changed the handle of a Reading FC supporter living in Sussex so they could give the @sussexroyal handle to Harry and Meghan - without even telling him first. I think he ended up with @_sussexroyal_

 

I figured the same thing. It's not like cyber-squatting on web domains--this is a closed system run by a single entity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.