crashcarson15

NHL’s New Seattle Kraken Announce Name & Logos

On 9/21/2020 at 8:07 AM, El Scorcho said:

Surely Twitter would have something in it's terms and conditions allowing it to simply change usernames at a whim if it was clear account squatting was taking place.

I know Instagram changed the handle of a Reading FC supporter living in Sussex so they could give the @sussexroyal handle to Harry and Meghan - without even telling him first. I think he ended up with @_sussexroyal_

As sparky chewbarky awoke one morning from uneasy dreams he found himself logged into Twitter as @iloveboobs69420

1 hour ago, the admiral said:

As sparky chewbarky awoke one morning from uneasy dreams he found himself logged into Twitter as @iloveboobs69420

...wondering as to how this could possibly happen, sparky contacted his buddy, the admiral @ilovetheKrakenxoxoxo...

Ok this is a kinda pointless observation but I am currently working on a paper about the Starbucks logo and I found out their logo is based off Norse mythology's Siren, and they were also founded in seattle. 2 norse based logos founded in seattle, I looked it up and couldn't find anything about heavy norse influence there, does anyone know something I dont?

2 hours ago, dannykraft said:

Ok this is a kinda pointless observation but I am currently working on a paper about the Starbucks logo and I found out their logo is based off Norse mythology's Siren, and they were also founded in seattle. 2 norse based logos founded in seattle, I looked it up and couldn't find anything about heavy norse influence there, does anyone know something I dont?

A quick Google revealed this ... https://www.seattlemag.com/news-and-features/new-generation-embracing-seattles-nordic-history-and-culture 

There’s also Swedish Medical Center - the sign being the famous(?) “Swedish” Tom Green put his bum on.

Lots of descendants of Norwegians and Swedes live in the area. Not a huge number mind you but not insignificant. The Puget Sound is as close as you’ll get to the fjords in the lower 48.

On 10/12/2020 at 7:57 PM, dannykraft said:

I actually thought Sirens would have been a really great name given the city’s association with Starbucks and progressive politics.

spacer.png

12 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

I actually thought Sirens would have been a really great name given the city’s association with Starbucks and progressive politics.

There's talk of Seattle acquiring a pro women's hockey team.

I've heard "Sirens" being bandied about as a possible name for that.