NHL’s New Seattle Kraken Announce Name & Logos

crashcarson15

2 hours ago, IceCap said:

There were definitely people pointing out that the Stars were the "green Rangers" when they debuted their current look. 

(I’l ljust dig my hole a bit deeper or I guess stand on my hill even more(?), because whatever)

The Stars home jersey and the Rangers home jersey are pretty much the same jersey.

The difference outside of the obvious colour difference, I’m in phone so I don’t want to deal with posting pictures, is that the Rangers red stripe is larger than the equivalent Stars black stripe (Stars are 1-1 with the white while Rangers are 2-1, maybe 1.5-1?).

However, it’s a fairly innocuous and “typical” hockey/sports striping pattern (unlike the Ducks and Kraken 🙃) meant to harken back to “classic” uniforms. So while I do think the Stars and Rangers home jerseys are very similar, I think its more akin to a team wanting to use Northwestern stripes or (lobbing this grenade to try to take some heat off my Ducks/Kraken take) Braisher stripes. They may be very reminiscent of a given team  (while intending to be reminiscent of a specific jersey era or the platonic ideal of a jersey for whatever sport the team plays), but  it’s just a relatively simple jersey style that the given team is known for because they’ve worn it forever (see Habs/Panthers chest stripe talk).

IbjBaeE.png

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I ordered an away Kraken jersey this week. I hope it's sweet.

I got a home jersey on Monday. Local store only had authentics in stock, which was fine, but I bought online because I wasn't sure what demand would be like (and they did free local delivery) and I've never bought an authentic before, so I guessed at the sizing. And I guessed wrong. The replicas I have are XLs, and the store's site said 54 was the equivalent of an XL, so I went with that. But it was just a little too snug and hard to put on over a hoodie, so I'm exchanging it today for a 56.

But it still looks gorgeous in person. I think I might get the away next month when some payments from side hustles come in.

w6fy3Mv.jpg

5 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I don't know. What's the joke?

I ordered an away Kraken jersey this week. I hope it's sweet.

The aways are really pretty!

I mean, the material Adidas uses for replicas is practically transparent in white, but what're ya gonna do. Get a white undershirt, I guess.  

12 hours ago, officeglenn said:

I got a home jersey on Monday. Local store only had authentics in stock, which was fine, but I bought online because I wasn't sure what demand would be like (and they did free local delivery) and I've never bought an authentic before, so I guessed at the sizing. And I guessed wrong. The replicas I have are XLs, and the store's site said 54 was the equivalent of an XL, so I went with that. But it was just a little too snug and hard to put on over a hoodie, so I'm exchanging it today for a 56.

But it still looks gorgeous in person. I think I might get the away next month when some payments from side hustles come in.

w6fy3Mv.jpg

The textured tentacle in the logo looks really nice

YVRMUBj.png

On 9/23/2021 at 12:06 PM, officeglenn said:

[snipped the photo]

Got mine in the mail on Wednesday before I wrapped it up as a Christmas gift. You can really tell the new crest details Adidas has put in when you feel it and it shows a bit in this pic, too

E_63UoFVkAM1rxE?format=jpg&name=large

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

5 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Photos from scrimmage today!

These photos are changing my mind about the home jersey, the ice blue really pops! 

Right on! These photos are more representative of how it looks in person. A lot of previous photos really weren't doing it justice.

I agree. It seems to occupy the same liminal space as the Vikings' purple, which can appear anywhere between blue and purple. It also seems to look greener when it's near white.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Almost seems as if the Kraken graphics could already use a Dallas Stars-style color refresh. /joking

Just  comparing their Twitter icon to the photos they posted. I love the uniform colors under the lighting, definitely more of a green tint to it. Much more unique than dual-blue*.

* err, triple blue lol

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

9 hours ago, Ark said:

The uniforms are way too dark on the ice, when are they going to make ice blue the primary color?

I disagree entirely, I think they look really nice with the navy as the dominant color. Ice blue works well as an accent color on that design, but it's just too light to really make sense as the base color for the home jersey.

19 hours ago, Ark said:

The uniforms are way too dark on the ice, when are they going to make ice blue the primary color?

The whole brand has been built around the monster that lurks beneath the surface, so having the uniforms be dark is kind of the point.

Archived