NHL’s New Seattle Kraken Announce Name & Logos

crashcarson15

1 minute ago, nash61 said:

m0OBJpz.jpg

1) Is that red or salmon?

2) These jerseys are really nice, but I would have gone with a navy S on the white shirt.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a seattlite. Hate the name.  Love the branding.

Logo is good not great. Secondary anchorneedle is great.

I was expecting more modern crazy uniforms for a team names Kraken.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

Just now, BringBackTheVet said:

1) Is that red or salmon?

2) These jerseys are really nice, but I would have gone with a navy S on the white shirt.

According to their website it's "Red Alert" so red.

MZnWkGU.png

StL Cardinals - Indy Colts - Indiana Pacers - Let's Go Blues! - Missouri State Bears - IU Hoosiers - St Louis City SC

Amazing how they got away with a blue based jersey in a division with the Oilers and the Canucks. Can lump the Sharks in that group with their teal. 

Disappointed in the name, surprisingly pleased with the branding and jersey. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

I agree with the consensus that this is one hell of a mixed bag.

I wont rewrite everything that I put down on the other thread, but I'll just say that the Kraken name is deeply flawed. That being said, the branding is solid and I'm looking forward to seeing the secondary anchor/space needle popping up everywhere. The colors are unique while still being Seattle-esque, and different enough from Vancouver to not cause any confusion. My hope for the team a this point is that the branding is strong enough that everyone will forget how awful the team name is in the long run...that being said, ask Minnesota how that process is going.

Welcome to the darkest timeline.

I’m irrationally angry at this. I don’t even know what else to say other than I have no idea how a group of extremely smart people lock themselves in a room and decide on this Mickey Mouse bull****. It’s like when old people (I’m old too) try to be cool. This is an SPHL name/identity at best, and I have no idea how that’s not apparent to everyone involved in the decision making process. 

Also I called the nickname too to be Kraken... and yet I don't get the credit.

"Oh but Kraken is a bad name" So is Sockeyes and assuming the delay was to find a better colour scheme than the Salmon and Teal.

The Double Blue and Red works.

6 minutes ago, sc49erfan15 said:

Psst... you. Yeah, you. Wanna know a secret?

You don't have to hate everything.

The name is fine, and the uniforms and logos are spectacular.

THIS. Thank you.

SO tired of this community sh**ting on absolutely everything that every team ever does. Meanwhile, they'll go into the concepts thread and praise and drool over every sub standard uninspiring logo or uniform somebody creates here.

6 minutes ago, sc49erfan15 said:

Psst... you. Yeah, you. Wanna know a secret?

You don't have to hate everything.

The name is fine, and the uniforms and logos are spectacular.

But the name is spectacularly bad...

1 minute ago, BelfourThibault said:

I’m irrationally angry at this. I don’t even know what else to say other than I have no idea how a group of extremely smart people lock themselves in a room and decide on this Mickey Mouse bull****. It’s like when old people (I’m old too) try to be cool. This is an SPHL name/identity at best, and I have no idea how that’s not apparent to everyone involved in the decision making process. 

Grab a decafe, go for a walk, and calm down.

I wonder if they'll go with a Ice Blue alt, Shadow Blue alt, or Red Alert alt.

F the names and whoever came up with them, but they're great colors.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Just now, colinturner95 said:

Amazing how they got away with a blue based jersey in a division with the Oilers and the Canucks. Can lump the Sharks in that group with their teal. 

Disappointed in the name, surprisingly pleased with the branding and jersey. 

Because 

pronger_chris-1040x572-1.jpg

and 

markus-naslund-of-the-vancouver-canucks-

have given way to 

cut.jpg

and

elias-pettersson-canucks-1040x572.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived