Washington Metrostars

HurQlez

While there is this movement for the new Washington NFL name, I was thinking about Washington's NBA team, the Wizards. Everyone hates the name and the logo has gone further away from that name. So I was thinking what if they finally change the name to something more appropriate? To go along with NHL's Capitals and MLB's Nationals, the name should be more DC centric. One name that always pops up is Metros. I think that name needs work, then I saw a defunct MLS name the NY/NJ Metrostars. And that actually fits with the logo itself, a DC landmark and a star! So I just changed the bottom of the logo and removed one of the red lines.
spacer.png
And just for fun, I made a secondary logo with a basketball and star in the middle with W and M on the top and bottom
spacer.png

On 7/24/2020 at 9:46 AM, officeglenn said:

@HurQlez Your images aren't showing up. It looks like you're trying to host them on Dropbox, but I'm not sure if they allow that. You may have to try imgur or another hosting site.

Finally used postimages. Don't know if anybody can bump this topic back up, but I hope so.

The MetroStars (now Redbull NY) and DC United are rivals, not sure how well the name would be received by passionate DC sports fans. To fit in with the Nationals and Caps I'd go with a name like Federals, Ambassadors, Diplomats, Primaries, or Presidents.

Archived