What if? (Series) American Motors was revived as an electric car company?

DCarp1231

On 10/20/2020 at 2:16 PM, Luigi74 said:

If Chrysler would ever resurrect a luxury brand they would most likely bring back the Imperial name, it bounced between being a model of Chrysler and it's own brand before being phased out.

I think if Fiat Chrysler were to step up to the electric vehicle game, they should bring back American Motors. (Because motors are actually an electric thing.) They could go with retro styling. Electric Pacers, and Gremlins, and 4x4 Eagles. And some bad ass AMX's and Javelins. 

iq5b7nF.png

On 10/23/2020 at 9:21 AM, jc... said:

I think if Fiat Chrysler were to step up to the electric vehicle game, they should bring back American Motors. (Because motors are actually an electric thing.) They could go with retro styling. Electric Pacers, and Gremlins, and 4x4 Eagles. And some bad ass AMX's and Javelins. 

So, it’s not perfect and I’m not totally sold on the font, but I’m looking for C&C on this design.... 

American “Electric” Motors-

spacer.png

OLD-

spacer.png

3 hours ago, DNAsports said:

spacer.png

That logo looks too much like the emblem of a German car manufacturer whose vehicles have not been sold under its own name in the United States since the 1970s.

spacer.png

Ironically, Opel, which was a subsidiary of General Motors until 2017, is now owned by a French company that has agreed to a merger with Fiat Chrysler Automobiles -- the parent company of the firm that absorbed the original American Motors Corporation in 1987.

Opel was also my first thought, as I've driven several of them.  It's too close, and the length of the left part of the bolt seems longer than the right, which looks like a mistake, even if it was intentional.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Renault may have an issue with a car logo that's basically a diamond shape.  It's almost a mashup of Opel and Renault.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived