What if? (Series) American Motors was revived as an electric car company?

DCarp1231

Taking a break from my one project to do another. 

I drive an ‘09 Pontiac G5 and thought to myself, “What if GM never had to file for bankruptcy and shut down multiple manufacturers?” Where would they be today and how would they look?

Initially I only took on Pontiac and quickly realized they probably wouldn’t have changed much. So, without further ado...

Pontiac-

spacer.png

Original-

spacer.png

But then I thought about another GM Company, Saturn and how they would look.

Saturn-

spacer.png

spacer.png

Original-

spacer.png

Pontiac:

1. The red looks way off from the original.  Regardless of style changes, I'd expect them to have kept the same red.  

2. I like the "muscle car" font that was used, however it clashes with the subtext. 

3. Concepts like this are hard to grade because it really depends on what the company wants their brand to be.  For example; is a revived Pontiac going to focus on Firebirds, Trans-Ams, and other faux muscle cars (like Dodge kinda does?) Or will it be more family-focused like when it ended with the G6, Aztec, Bonneville, etc?  If the former, then you're on the right track, but it's missing... something.  Not sure yet what.  If the later, then I think what they had might work better.

So basically, is the brand going to be represented by vehicles like this?

5-Wikimedia-Commons-2009-Pontiac-G3.jpg?.

Or like this?

be-good-as-gold-in-this-1978-pontiac-tra

Saturn:

I thought their original logo was very clever, but the problem was that it had to be square in order for it to work.  When I think of square car logos, I think of the rectangular 'badge'-type-monogram logos used by brands like Rolls Royce, or logoed ones like Lincoln.  Saturn's had the misfortune of being a literal square, and for being for an economy brand.

It's hard to evaluate the Saturn concept because it's very hard to imagine what it would look like in actual real-world use.  If possible, maybe show how these work on actual cars.  Car-brand logos are tough because the flat versions almost never look like how they do on actual vehicles - just look at the new Nissan logo for an example.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

If you have to say that you're luxury then you're not luxury.

Infinity never mentions Nissan.  Lexus never mentions Toyota.  Lincoln doesn't mention Ford.  Not sure why Plymouth would have Chrysler in its logo if it was born again.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Infinity never mentions Nissan.  Lexus never mentions Toyota.  Lincoln doesn't mention Ford.  Not sure why Plymouth would have Chrysler in its logo if it was born again.

It’s not really part of the logo. I see your point though. However, Plymouth is/was a Chrysler company so it makes sense to include it in some fashion.

I get what you are trying to do but never at any point did Plymouth have to denote its parent brand. I don't see why that would change unless the brand was sold and resurfaced with another company.

Also nowadays it would be FCA. Think the ideal route would be a modified 64-94 wordmark or even a new twist on the old pentastar, 

#DTWD #GoJaguars

• IceCap changed the title to What if Plymouth survivehttps://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/122351-what-if-plymouth-survived-2001/d 2001?
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/31/2020 at 4:32 PM, BBTV said:

Plymouth would be Toyota, though, not Lexus, in your example. Plymouth became the budget brand. (Think LH sedans and Diamond-Star trio.)

On 10/17/2020 at 10:52 PM, sayahh said:

Plymouth would be Toyota, though, not Lexus, in your example. Plymouth became the budget brand. (Think LH sedans and Diamond-Star trio.)

If Chrysler would ever resurrect a luxury brand they would most likely bring back the Imperial name, it bounced between being a model of Chrysler and it's own brand before being phased out.

1 hour ago, Luigi74 said:

If Chrysler would ever resurrect a luxury brand they would most likely bring back the Imperial name, it bounced between being a model of Chrysler and it's own brand before being phased out.

Imperial TC by Maserati 😜

On 8/22/2020 at 11:38 AM, DNAsports said:

Well, this series isn’t just reborn car companies!

What if the streaming service Hulu debuted as a TV Channel in the 1960s?

spacer.png

(FWIW, I decided to name the little TV guy “Hank”)

Why not Hulk?

Archived