Indoor/Arena Football Changes

agentrygraphics

On 9/21/2018 at 11:58 AM, rjrrzube said:

Oh....oh, honey...no....that's....not how we do things.

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Depending on the time of year and how dirty a mind you've got, that nickname conjures images of either Halloween candy or a certain type of sex act.

Either way, it doesn't exactly scream "football", indoor or otherwise.

CCSLC signature.png

On 9/21/2018 at 3:30 PM, agentrygraphics said:

Oh....oh, honey...no....that's....not how we do things.

This is an example of why most indoor/Arena football franchises generate virtually no significant merchandising revenue.  Merch with "Sugar Skulls" on it will sell well in Tucson.  But nowhere else.  The logo without the wordmark could sell elsewhere, but it won't be marketed well enough to achieve that.

No matter the level of your league?  You put forth the best branding you possibly can.  Who outside Jacksonville has gone out of their way to attend a game of the Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp?  Virtually no one.  But if I'm not mistaken they're #1 (or at least in the top five) nationwide in merch sales among minor league teams.

nav-logo.png

6 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

I don’t think of candy or sex

Who's that loungin' in my chair, mm-hmm

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/22/2018 at 12:12 PM, Bucfan56 said:

Why does Tucson keep trying to have minor league teams? Nobody down there cares. 

Hi, Roadrunners STH here. I care, and I know plenty of others who do. Are we one of the AHL's marquee cities? No, but for a city with no real hockey culture, the Roadrunners are doing better than the team was in Springfield.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

• 2 months later...

Unfortunately yes. They played with only four teams last year (Albany, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington). Cleveland is still listed as a club but sat out 2018 and will sit out 2019 as well due to Quicken Loans Arena renovations. The league said they plan on announcing expansion clubs next month (Yet the season begins around April, so not much time to get a team together and promote the team). From what im hearing Atlantic City NJ and Columbus OH are the cities. This league should have died years ago.

Signature intentionally left blank

Archived