Indoor/Arena Football Changes

agentrygraphics

So, the IFL is going through some changes with the Germain family taking over the business operations of the league as well as adding their franchise in Frisco, Texas for this coming season and announcing that they will be adding a franchise in Columbus, Ohio for 2021. The Germain family owned the Columbus Destroyers of the Arena Football League and with that league folding a few weeks ago they've seemingly jumped head-long into the IFL. With their new control over the league it appears a new logo set has come into existence and they announced the new marks in a presser earlier this week.

hBxkuYh.png

OLD LOGO:
376_-indoor_football_league-primary-2009

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New package looks like it's for a fantasy football show on local cable.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• 2 months later...

The Iowa Barnstormers of the Indoor Football League may be the most storied Arena/Indoor Football franchise (in name anyway) being the starting point for NFL Hall of Famer, Kurt Warner and while most football fans probably don't care that the IFL exists... here's some news for you. 

The Barnstormers have changed their uniforms going away from the Under Armour brand uniforms they wore the last two or three years to uniforms provided by Phenom Elite a small and growing brand out of South Carolina. 

I love the propeller stripe returning to the uniforms and the fact they've brought back the gold helmet... now, if they would put the wings across the chest and ditch the black helmet, I would be really happy.

Last year's uniforms:
Image result for iowa barnstormers

The original propeller pants and winged jerseys

Image result for iowa barnstormers

The aviator goggles as a helmet decal will forever be in my top 5 football helmet designs ever. So creative. I had the Barnstormers uniforms (Kurt Warner era) pinned to my inspiration corkboard in my dorm room for when I would get stuck on creatively doing a sports design.

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

4 hours ago, agentrygraphics said:

The aviator goggles as a helmet decal will forever be in my top 5 football helmet designs ever. So creative. I had the Barnstormers uniforms (Kurt Warner era) pinned to my inspiration corkboard in my dorm room for when I would get stuck on creatively doing a sports design.

Easily one of the most iconic helmets in the sport, right up there in my mind with the winged Michigan helmet and the Rams' horns. 

Best the Barnstormers have looked in a long time, and it's awesome to see the gold helmet make a return. As much as I'd love to see the chest wings come back, I don't know that they'd look anywhere near as good on a modern jersey cut. There just isn't as much room for stuff to fit these days.

EDIT: I didn't notice the shoulder wings on the red jersey before. Good try, but I don't know if I'm sold on it yet.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

On 3/13/2020 at 11:23 PM, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Heh yea I never thought of that.  Maybe their arena is not done yet.

According to Wikipedia, they'll play in the Oakland Arena, formerly known as the Oracle Arena, which was the home of the Golden State Warriors until this season.

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Indoor Football League’s Columbus Wild Dogs Reveal Name, Logos And Uniforms

July 29, 2020 - 05:57 AM

Six months after it launched a contest to name the team, the Indoor Football League’s newest franchise announced during a press conference at the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium on Tuesday night it will be known as the Columbus Wild Dogs. “Today is another great day for our organization,” said team

Read More...

3d1b2fc8-ffcf-4188-9827-1fc1c231322d_750

wilddogs-logo-secondary-ot3jnviqp7p1xbqv

The logos (and the name itself, for that matter) are a bit amateur, but it's the IFL, so they're par for the course. With that said I do like the logo and color scheme.

But the uniforms... Good Lord...

11-copy-1170x760.png

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

I’m not feeling any of this. The ears are odd, the shading is unorthodox. The away set are just awful. If you’re wild dogs, a more script like font should be used for numbers. The Columbus font doesn’t match well with the wild dogs either. 

Archived