NFL 2021 Onwards: An Alternate History concept thread (2022 begins)

heavybass

2020 season is over as far as I am concerned and the winner of the Super Bowl was New Orleans with a 38-35 win over Baltimore and now 2021 is approaching with only six teams applying for redesigns, the first one was blatant as one can be as before Mike Brown conceded control to a new board of directors... he unveiled the newest uniforms in the Bengals history with a return to the team's infamous 80's look as the tiger striped helmet turned 40 years old.

https://ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=114&p=1

CINCINNATI BENGALS
ACtC-3eZQG73nDPxrfptU0BiFxnr3VbGh_1zrgA5PuG0paBqf8BzxTyricdsfwxZKiVjdXLLASNK8ETgxYOVGxAjxb1uMDitxFN-gLppLQKZUbgHGgn2QGR6_YwkdYjPRBrPXbzU_UsEJP2UeXkneGBowq4p=w1212-h966-no?authuser=0

ACtC-3cY8X4fCxsxSOYSdZalXhpenaFxL7BsuvQj10TijDESacrUYJse3voKwHa71QlB_Kd4NOLqa_V28LnCC7LslzksFKB1XmPjn1q0bbLRkF3OjOr-nKIqYvhDhmTxEyOXtO9bs175yNEOzeuEM0MdHto5=w1297-h967-no?authuser=0

ACtC-3dL2sKgRygFYWIZ7odKKvdUzKIw4SZI6OiyMoNPLtt3sjhp-gWjeCTJvJyqHmyK0zGLaUJ1-Uj2sKYRxOnM7eRKFyASkjae1MSOOxGZj56EUkn9TjDNyEdoSGwxqeBfnlmtA2Nu4B7BnTRm1evntNxZ=w715-h967-no?authuser=0

ACtC-3fdArOQDBFfkqS7Fa-9ZImHY8od1oVuG8Ep

• The Team's return to the 80's style of uniforms with the double black at home, double white at road, double orange as the alt, the snow bengals look for color rush
  • WIth the NFL relaxing the one helmet rule, The Bengals opt to return to the 1981 set that got them to the Super Bowl
  • The team wanted to get away from being compared to the Browns and make their own bold, modern identity
  • Tiger Striped Sidepanels and Numbers, three new under colors created specifically for the stripes
  • Sidearm Panel has 7 trees that represents 7 hills surrounding Cincinnati, honors the area around the city... thus ditching the tiger striped arms as before since that and the new striped numbers and sidepants would of been too much.

I am OK with the striped numbers...a bit collegiate, but the Bengals are the original risk-takers with that helmet. I think the stripes on the numbers are a bit thick and maybe an ending to a couple is needed (like in the pants stripes).  My gut reaction was that it was just alternating equal width straight stripes. I am not quite sure what you're going for with the jagged sleeve pattern.

Of course, I'd take this in a heartbeat in the hopes that the throwback becomes so well-liked that it (and a white version thereof) takes over one day.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

28 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

I am OK with the striped numbers...a bit collegiate, but the Bengals are the original risk-takers with that helmet. I think the stripes on the numbers are a bit thick and maybe an ending to a couple is needed (like in the pants stripes).  My gut reaction was that it was just alternating equal width straight stripes. I am not quite sure what you're going for with the jagged sleeve pattern.

Of course, I'd take this in a heartbeat in the hopes that the throwback becomes so well-liked that it (and a white version thereof) takes over one day.

The 81 Retro was released as a sweetner to the old school fans for those that don't like the new kits ((Dolphins situation)), I'm gonna redo the numbers so they fit the pantstripe as well.

The Jagged sleeve pattern is suppose to represent trees as in 7 trees from 7 hills that surround Cincinnati.

Next up in the redesign process for 2021 is the Arizona Cardinals, now everyone was expecting them to make the change and they did so... at the press conference they decided to mark it as a Centenial Celebrating and honors the previous locations in the team's 100 year history.

ARIZONA CARDINALS
ACtC-3dEOroZIV_5GL68IXFqwzaMjjNpw8YIFsEX

ACtC-3c36YuequhqvlBmTMtPWZneleqYu5NQYJxT

ACtC-3fnEbcs_1XnLrjmscSKTAV_OUUBqDgFJwIy

ACtC-3fI3gcnK-Zx9mer0LsRBKWIkrwQmBK4pm_Y

• The Home look represents where it all began, Chicago as the collar represents their darker red days followed by their sleeves... going back to traditional is what the Cards look best in and thus their double red is the default with white pants as a option
  • The Road look returns to their 64-89 days with the Double White alongside the Grey for the Desert look, red pants are optional
  • The Alt goes back to basics retaining the Double Black
  • There is no Retro kit with this lot, as the Home and Road takes their look from their history... if there would of been a retro kit, it would of gone to the 89 Phoneix look
  • But there are two color rushes to make up for the lack of retro... the first is an updated tribute to the Arizona State flag with numbers on the helmet and then comes this unique idea, turquiose that is officially the colour of the state's jewelry whilst Segounda Green aka the color of the most common CACTUS in Arizona is used, White and Cardinal Red are used as enhancing colours here.

I also took advantage of two features from other teams... the double white of the Dolphins helmet and the recent Chargers set.

• 3 weeks later...

It's been two weeks... in fact it's been TOO long.

Thus I have returned to offer everyone...

The New Broncos.

ACtC-3cZpk5GeNFGHpdzY6P_Ai1kpZtWtmqZWxce

ACtC-3fuD_CBU8sDYFpnrnif1J--aodBOJVP_O-T

ACtC-3dv3mFuiA0D4maN7WS09r2KEuyuhB1-YgJN

ACtC-3e0mPH2VGet7mDNW4tHDUX07LElp-pSiJ-0

• The Denver Broncos retire the Navy Blue and return to Academic Blue, sleeve designs are based off Denver's flag
  • Helmet is now Academic Blue, the current logo is now on top of it
  • Pants return to the classic three stripes
  • White/Blue pants for Home, Blue/White pants for Road, Alt pants can be swapped for Blue or White if needed
  • NFL's One Helmet Rule relaxing means Broncos return to the classic Orange Crush uniform.

1 hour ago, heavybass said:

It's been two weeks... in fact it's been TOO long.

Thus I have returned to offer everyone...

The New Broncos.

ACtC-3cZpk5GeNFGHpdzY6P_Ai1kpZtWtmqZWxce

ACtC-3fuD_CBU8sDYFpnrnif1J--aodBOJVP_O-T

ACtC-3dv3mFuiA0D4maN7WS09r2KEuyuhB1-YgJN

ACtC-3e0mPH2VGet7mDNW4tHDUX07LElp-pSiJ-0

• The Denver Broncos retire the Navy Blue and return to Academic Blue, sleeve designs are based off Denver's flag
  • Helmet is now Academic Blue, the current logo is now on top of it
  • Pants return to the classic three stripes
  • White/Blue pants for Home, Blue/White pants for Road, Alt pants can be swapped for Blue or White if needed
  • NFL's One Helmet Rule relaxing means Broncos return to the classic Orange Crush uniform.

As a Broncos fan, I'd love to see these unis on the field!

N3d5IIl.png

Back I go again, with something new in concept mind as we now turn...

TO THE KELLY GREEN EAGLES OF PHILADELPHIA

Rn8Ig6dudPL4gV6Qo4hSZqYQQzKcYMTLK8A0Fr4W

fGg8MiH8ciWkf6m51uXo2qyYplaxTlUPb_v8ocL_

_Yqq6RAPfeCOFNn4KiwnlWTCRIsdit_54aKNsSf8

• After years in Midnight Green, the Eagles return to their landmark Kelly Green now accompanied by the SIlver and the Black with White relegated to design option
  • The Road is now in Silver as Philadelphia tries for something non traditional whilst going for traditional design.... The Cowboys remain triggered,
  • The Retro is now the previous Home Kit... as classic Kelly Green becomes the main focal point of the new Eagles design.
  • White Pants are available as a third option
  • The Alt is All Black with Green and Silver... debate was settled with silver helmet because it allowed the green to look better.

This one I'm about to present is something I took liberties and made great efforts with... as this is about the Carolina Panthers and their long overdue redesign.

Presenting Tradition UNLEASHED:

ACtC-3c74BlVDzzGq1X9skPBGdhyeuIOXpRyX6PN

ACtC-3dmC298szSbmQTeXEHaG7NnhmvEKMe6ECs4

ACtC-3fJB_IOATa4uaYV_DXRkqYv7MXN4rYYit7l

ACtC-3eMSoqK2B8MsWCnUa0SJzGLHt0lOsFn3cmP

ACtC-3f9lKw9kfXK2oqn2D-N2LKm3r7XGjaV3XdR

• Tradition Unleashed: Carolina ditches the Silver and the so called 'Panther Black' to go with a simple three colour scheme of Carolina Blue, Midnight Black and White
  • Black Helmets, Blue Tops and White Pants are the main new home look with Blue Pants as alternates, claw marks on the front of the jersey whilst it goes to the same traditional three stripes on the back that has been a theme on previous jerseys
  • White Tops with Blue Pants are the choice for Road whilst double White is retained for certain trips or rivalry games
  • The Alternative is Double Black.... The Color Rush's theme is Electric Nights where Blue and Black clash together on the field
  • The Retro is from 2003 where Carolina went to the Super Bowl first time as NFC Champs

• 2 weeks later...

The last team to unleash their new design...

is SEATTLE.

ACtC-3fKr8ckMKv0MVaDY5MKDOvGfmPWKyP4DoEd

ACtC-3dJ7TEmGAReiivHl5UwMzp0IyQzpzp8U71x

ACtC-3eBUq0eFtpCQH3is4i99_IpLo3l9bjI4sUq

ACtC-3fGDrB8n6a6V-TcERoPpDfvmzHuLXsXos93

ACtC-3cobP-Ew0EH8kTQ3ZH2OPntB2_SFmLoTuSB

• The Seahawks officially return to the AFC days with the colors of the 2012 redesign... Wolf Grey Helmets are the same colors as the original Grey Helmets so that takes over but College Navy shirts and Wolf Grey pants with College Navy Pants on standby... the 2012 redesign was too much for most so making the colors stand out instead of adding decals would make the uniforms carry.
  • Standard Whites over Action Grey Pants with White Pants on Standby... Action Green colors to make things Seattle.
  • The Alts are all Wolf Greys with Action Green Colors
  • Speaking of Action Green... say hello to the Action Color Rush which is broken up by the Wolf Grey Helmet... this style of design was brought up in the mid 00's in the era of Seahawk Blue.
  • Lastly Nike puts out the style of the Retro into something that is called Fauxback... this is essentially laziness and they were rightly called out on it.

• 4 months later...

Archived