NFL 2021 Onwards: An Alternate History concept thread (2022 begins)

heavybass

During the build up to the Conference Finals, Jerry Jones drops a bombshell and announces that he will be resigning as CEO of the organisation amongst the buildup of having a controversial rebuild in the middle of the season... amongst this he drops what is considered the Alt, the Color Rush and he announces a return to the original Cowboys set as the Retro.

ALT

ACtC-3eKupZsEiToXdBMM1gKJGS0Npd-fERq6bud

COLOR RUSH

ACtC-3f6Gwryee1vx-BPkLB0E0ZvnYjDwyLr1FRA

RETRO ((RETURN OF THE LANDRY ERA))

ACtC-3dHNbGWqHOrJJJHY5jF7zNCTUIU7YYrQbs0

• 1 month later...

We march onto the year 2022 where the football world was stunned when Joe Burrow's Bengals defeated Tom Brady's Buccaneers by 3 points and ending his career on an underwhelming conclusion to a glorious career of sorts.... now the football world moves on with the rumored press conference announcement of the new Washington team name and Dan Snyder having gained 100% control from the minor investments after buying them out... is said to be proud of the 2 years of fan submissions and contribution but in the end, one name was chosen.

WASHINGTON FOOTBALL TEAM IS DEAD

LONG LIVE.... THE REDWOLVES!

ACtC-3dVScrKtkDLT7VbdN_KB-VwQ_KO45ZcQack

ACtC-3fd3YZcKxsloEVms2wJ2HGLR4CL9IV_UCcq

ACtC-3cfxleYsKk8YgDlIgDKQBJ2ntfkWfwT2iiu

ACtC-3cL-6ibWskbyLXsEnHwfxI2AHr9aGN3Jxh3

And finally a special one off kit being used for their Retros... which is just going to be called the Washington Retros/Classics.

ACtC-3dhV8CbI0qIDIdjCJ9cyL9X3RkvpRVEmfvS

I was trying of course to get into the mindset that is Dan Snyder and figured he wouldn't need to do much.... change colours and keep the previous stripes, that by itself is a classic look.... the double gold alt and the special yellow color rush symbolises their history whilst looking to the future, their retro is basically a return to their dominant 80's look as the best team to win a Super Bowl.

I’m a fan of the Redwolves uniforms… except for the jerseys. They feel a little underwhelming on their own. Maybe a gold outline around the numbers? Something on the sleeves?

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

I think it's high time to keep this thread going.... people liked my Redwolves design, so this basically gave me a spark and I figured what would happen if I decide to do what I did for Denver... should be repeated in Jacksonville?

TIME FOR THE JAGS TO REBRAND... AGAIN.

ai8nPB5UTvyQANnGR2kVyiT_SOuNfDLG8uJFeWLI

UkFlATxYnUl-5fTZfMp4Z0mtgDq4pfY3gnhKhnmJ

5etA4SsEPkPcrx6cvdctfB6CsMdqlQqtWnddOs0E

B-BZccgWFFq3J4GH16OqFK1Ct7crcOxwXfkNvC_l

VMbpekwoGUny72QL8vcpUUdXGUIleAdv0E5xrT0c

Time for the bullet points to return since I didn't do them last time... this is what I came up with:

• The current Teal is too dark so I figured how would I need to make it lighter and the answer came in the 25th anniversary mark, there's a light teal in there marked 0, 147, 178... this takes the franchise to the first years of light teal before they made it darker.
  • A Modern rebrand of the original Jaguar uniforms provide a clear, distinct break from what the Khans have done in recent years
  • Teal tops, white pants for Home, white tops, teal pants for road, black pants are options for both Home and Road
  • Double Black for the Alt, however instead of white... the font is light teal with gold
  • Double White is now the Color Rush... and can only be used at home or on hot days
  • The Prototype uniform becomes the new Fauxback uniform as the original colors return minus the copyright infringing Jaguar logo
  • Speaking of Gold, I wanted to bring it back with huge emphasis in all fonts, except for the fauxback...

Now we move onto the minor redesigns... 3 Major Redesigns have occured so now we're gonna talk about the minor ones... and the first one up is of course the...

FOOTBALL GIANTS

ACtC-3c8g14AnKZS8jpTIIIY1Q1e1-PWNS053t0i

ACtC-3dl47GnEntyQVZ0RKNhaMinyVynJCqluKTe

ACtC-3eBPx0rAMsOrtJeJf7kQJusgJQoFTK4ozNM

ACtC-3daIeW68c34BJYk0ayf3XqiqU-OhWadnkPi

• The New York GIANTS return to their patented 3 color scheme by officially ditching the grey from their set, thus also dumping the look that won them 2 Super Bowls
  • Replacing NY with the GIANTS wording brings back a bold strong mindset to a team that won 4 Super Bowls
  • Home remains as traditional as Giants can be, Away is embolded by the previous Color Rush set as it now becomes vital to the Road look.... A new All Red Alt is also the team's color rush for future games. ((You can add the blue pants if this becomes an issue))
  • The team honors the Bill Parcels era with the Retro being the all time classic 80's look... darkened helmets and all.
  • It is hoped that one day a formidable defense will give a rebirth to the Big Blue Wrecking Crew.

On 2/12/2021 at 6:09 PM, heavybass said:

Obviously no one laughs when/if Bengals finally do get to the promise land.

Not going to be for a  couple of years at the earliest. And the Cowboys Color Rush makes me think of the Titans. 

N3d5IIl.png

4 hours ago, jbird669 said:

Not going to be for a  couple of years at the earliest. And the Cowboys Color Rush makes me think of the Titans. 

I know in realistic terms it'll be a while before they get to promise land and yeah that was point

• 5 months later...

Let's revive/end this thread with the other two minor team changes....

THE RAIDERS
AM-JKLWS2PHY7XCoWrK_pIFnWA5cNqJ1rmpBCVqF

AM-JKLW2HqzF-Iy0PwNT52w91ZoJDyZJKUXafkcM

AM-JKLXA8SRJZFK_0uGxFGXig22qAqDpng7Xcevw

THE SAINTS
AM-JKLWTZ_UNMiVIys-OWiedwG3NVyaaNJPaZDYs

AM-JKLVpwSw1B0_heN0tPSwxvrfYWPmTAHJB_uF7

AM-JKLUZpjpvn78yoptB00N_AoeWbXNk68xs0iL-

Both the Raiders and the Saints follow what the Patriots did and adopt their color rush uniforms as their primaries... the Raiders demote the old look as their Alt whilst the Saints officially retire the monochrome look for the return of the classic gold/black/white three pant options and a official classic gold alt.

Archived