Liberty Basketball Association (Minnesota Lakers added)

neo_prankster

The year is 1976. Both the NBA and ABA folded, leaving basketball fans to suffer a two year drought without their beloved game. The talent feud between the two leagues proved too bitter for a peaceful merger. The squeaks of sneakers on hardwood floors fell silent...but not for long.

Out of the ashes of the NBA and ABA came the Liberty Basketball Association (LBA), which will take the court for 1978-79.

Stay tuned for teams that will be unveiled in the coming days. In the meantime, here is the league logo.

iTGzVc8.png

AG1VEIn.png

C&C Welcome.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the latest version of the New Orleans logo, with the off-centre basketball, the best.

My quibble is with division names. All of the cities in the "Central Division" are included in at least some definitions of the Midwest, but none of the cities in the "Midwest Division" are considered to be in the Midwest, in any definition I've heard. I think you can either leave the Central name as is, or call it the Midwest, but the current Midwest Division should be renamed. The easiest solution is probably just to swap the names of the Central and the Midwest. It also bothers me a little that Pittsburgh isn't on the Atlantic and Utah isn't on the Pacific, but I think those are acceptable compromises, and certainly not as confusing as the current NHL or NBA division names.

Naming aside, I really like the logos you've posted so far! The basketball puns (Court Jesters, Hops) are a fun element too!

Archived