Buffalo Bills jersey numbers

I was more trying to confirm my own admittedly-hazy memory than I was trying to prove you or anyone else wrong, I just remember Not liking that font (I found the 2s and 7s “weak”, and I didn’t (and still don’t) like all the 45-degree angles inside the numbers) for longer than just 89. 

it’s one of the reasons I rooted against the bills in the SB even if that meant rooting for a NFC East team (a regrettable action), but time heals wounds and I’d welcome it back now. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• 2 weeks later...

As others have mentioned, that's not the Champion font.  It's more like the local sporting goods font like the Sixers use and similar to what the LA Rams used to use.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

7 hours ago, daschuck77 said:

Bills put on the pads today and looks like those newer style numbers carried over from the shirts. Now I really hope it isn't just a training camp thing!

If we're being specific, its a thinner, condensed version of High School USA Sans, usually called Plain Block by sporting goods shops.  But like BBTV said, we've thoroughly dissected the Champion font last page, and I noted that the Bills have used that Plain Block for the past 6 summers which is why this got moved from News to Discussion.

hm7YvwN.png

OgzK3Ub.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/9/2020 at 2:19 PM, Cujo said:

To confirm: Bills, Bengals and Jets were the only teams to use Champion numbers, ya?

3 Greatest Quarterbacks in Cincinnati Bengals History

353716.jpeg

Here's a question. is the champion number font cursed? The Teams you mentioned either lost the superbowl or didn't make it during that timeframe. Just curious...

28 minutes ago, FroBroStudio said:

Here's a question. is the champion number font cursed? The Teams you mentioned either lost the superbowl or didn't make it during that timeframe. Just curious...

Neither did the Browns, but they were wearing Russell Athletic. I actually thought that Falcons picture was Russell as well, but I can't tell without the sleeve patches. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 8/19/2020 at 1:12 AM, daschuck77 said:

Bills put on the pads today and looks like those newer style numbers carried over from the shirts. Now I really hope it isn't just a training camp thing!

spacer.png

This font is very similar to what the Seahawks used in the 80s and 90s. If I didn't see the Bills logo, I would have thought it was a vintage Seahawks practice jersey.

Archived