My take for the Washington Not-The-(Washington Football Team). I decided to call the team the Sentinels. A Sentinel is a soldier who keeps guard over a particular thing. The name works well for a football team (although maybe not if they have a bad Defense or an Offensive Line), and it gives the impression of a fortress or a defensive stronghold, such that should be implied by the capital of a country as prominent and powerful as the United States. 

Logo (features a letter "W" with the dome of the US Capitol Building superimposed on it)

spacer.png 

Uniforms (keeps the same general design as the old (Washington Football Team) uniforms, but adds a chevron on the sleeve to look like military insignia)

spacer.png

C&C Welcome and Appreciated. 

spacer.png

Complete Rebrand Option

If the team is going to drop the Red-skeins (had to say it like this because there's a filter on the website, just saying the old name) moniker and thus the Native American identity completely, then I would say that the best option would be to "commit to it" and go with a full rebrand. I decided on maroon, white, and gray for the colors. First off, they fit with the identity of the rest of the sports teams in the DC area (I decided to go against using red, white, and blue; it would look too similar to the New York Giants' logo, the Washington team's historical arch-rival). Second, they maintain the same maroon color as the old team, to show some continuity with the past. Third, they still match the general theme of white-and-gray, monumental, imposing buildings that are common in Washington DC. 

Logo: 

spacer.png

Uniforms: 

spacer.png

C&C Welcome and Appreciated

spacer.png

On 8/9/2020 at 6:24 AM, Viperion101 said:

My take for the Washington Not-The-(Washington Football Team). I decided to call the team the Sentinels. A Sentinel is a soldier who keeps guard over a particular thing. The name works well for a football team (although maybe not if they have a bad Defense or an Offensive Line), and it gives the impression of a fortress or a defensive stronghold, such that should be implied by the capital of a country as prominent and powerful as the United States. 

Logo (features a letter "W" with the dome of the US Capitol Building superimposed on it)

spacer.png 

Uniforms (keeps the same general design as the old (Washington Football Team) uniforms, but adds a chevron on the sleeve to look like military insignia)

spacer.png

C&C Welcome and Appreciated. 

Archived