Really simple fixes

This is for teams that (in my/your opinion) don’t need rebrands or color changes, but rather could be substantially improved through a few simple changes. 

My submissions are two of my NFL pet peeves: the Panthers and the Texans, plus a Jets team that’s terrible on the field but looks good and could easily look even better. 

Carolina Panthers:

-banish the white pants forever

-if you’re wearing black pants, you’re ALWAYS wearing blue socks, whether the jersey is black, white or blue

-if you’re wearing silver pants with either black or white jerseys, wear black socks. If you’re wearing silver pants with blue jerseys, wear blue socks. 

-have a code for when you wear what. For example, silver/white/silver/black for home day games in the first half of the season. Silver/black/black/blue for Sunday and Monday prime-time games. Silver/blue/silver/blue for Thursday games and late-season home day games. Silver/black/silver/black for road games where the opponent chooses to wear their light jerseys. 

Houston Texans:

-when you’re wearing dark jerseys, ALWAYS wear either blue/blue/white/blue or blue/red/white/red

-when you’re wearing white jerseys, ALWAYS wear either blue/white/blue/red or blue/white/white/red

New York Jets:

-make the sleeve stripes wrap all the way around to the back to create a contrast-color faceplate (like the NHL’s Flyers have). -Give those stripes thin (black) outlines on green and white jerseys.

(Both these rules can be waved for the black alternate jersey, where ideally I just want everything to contrast enough to be visible.)

Anybody else have examples of their own, where it just seems so obvious that a quick fix or two would improve so much?

1 hour ago, Sith_apprentice said:

I absolutely HATE the mono black for the Saints. The gold pants with either jersey is one of the best looks in the league, obviously I'm a little biased.

The mono white they pulled out last season was not pretty either.  The only mono unifor they should wear is the Color Rush, but even that could be enhanced by gold pants.

A couple of subtle Bay Area changes I'd like to see:

22 hours ago, TBGKon said:

The mono white they pulled out last season was not pretty either.  The only mono unifor they should wear is the Color Rush, but even that could be enhanced by gold pants.

Eh. I think Nike's treatment of the gold pants was the whole reason they dropped them in the first place.

On 8/10/2020 at 12:10 PM, Sith_apprentice said:

I absolutely HATE the mono black for the Saints. The gold pants with either jersey is one of the best looks in the league, obviously I'm a little biased.

Me too. That said, they have looked good wearing black pants with white jerseys in the past. They just need striping. Sock stripes would be nice too.

Archived