Buffalo Sabres Return to Royal, Unveil New Logo and Uniforms

Echo

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually really like the little white stripes on the jersey. 

Potentially weird question...in the one picture, it clearly looks like the back hem stripes are curved. Is that just the picture, or is that the cut of the adidas jerseys? I can't quite tell by looking at other adidas jerseys.

Did everyone else get a personalized hanger effect, or was it just me? ⚡⭐⚡⭐

9.5/10 The white stripes on the blue jersey could have been done better. The white jersey is perfect, which is what is most important to me. It's my all-time favorite jersey for anything.

Actually really love everything about these. Beautiful sweaters, and even if the whites stripes are "unnecessary" they aren't actually bad. The texture on the buffalo is what elevates this beyond just a job well done. 

MZnWkGU.png

StL Cardinals - Indy Colts - Indiana Pacers - Let's Go Blues! - Missouri State Bears - IU Hoosiers - St Louis City SC

1 minute ago, Maroon said:

Actually really love everything about these. Beautiful sweaters, and even if the whites stripes are "unnecessary" they aren't actually bad. The texture on the buffalo is what elevates this beyond just a job well done. 

Agreed.  It makes the look feel very legit.

sabres-new-logo-2020-2021-feat.jpg

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

2 minutes ago, daschuck77 said:

The one thing I think the Sabres were on too but sadly was demolished by the Turd Burger jersey was this wordmark.  I hope somehow it can find it's way back into use.

The Captaincy patches from the Turdburger set were excellent too. I wish they'd bring those back.

WKqeA03.jpg  Q0j8XpU.jpg

23 minutes ago, hockey week said:

I hate that the mismatched sleeve and hem strips are back on the white. They fixed that error, and now it's back. It was dumb then, it's terrible now.

Meh. It’s part of their signature look. It’s a flaw that really “makes” the uniform, you know?

I do like the little white stripes as well, but I can see why it’s a flaw for some people. The updated crest looks fantastic, as well as the entirety of the road uniform and typography. It’s nice to see the Sabres didn’t completely screw it up!

Overall it's an improvement. Big time. Thank christ those silver outlines (and silver in general) are gone. The white stripes seem unecessary... but we'll see how they look IRL.

I like the Sabres logo, and the modifications are good, but for some reason it just never really looks all that impressive on a jersey to me. I like the royal blue a lot and the design of the home and road is simple, clean and effective. And no shoulder patches, I can't believe it. Massive props for that.

I'll give the de-design an 8/10.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

I'm probably in the minority that thinks the Goathead is the best logo the Sabres have had from a visual standpoint, and would've loved to see it in the retro colors be the primary. Those home stripes are gonna bug the bejesus out of me, though.

I love this uniform.  It is classic, clean, bold.  For me the subtle touch of adding the bison's thick fur on the logo by using white embroidery is a stroke of genius and looks gorgeous.  I am still an Islanders fan first and foremost, but I will gladly boost my viewing of the Sabres to go along with my Bills fandom with this new look.  Way to go, Buffalo!!!

I’ll never be a fan of the alternating stripes on the white uniform, especially after they introduced this far superior design:

7FaBqaaKJ_4f3Gpb-rmLBrXRjG57nvOXEYIhRvCf

But with that being said, these uniforms are a huge upgrade from the previous ones and the fine details are outstanding.

Well done, Sabres!

Wow they didn't screw this. If Ottawa won't screw up too then we could be sure that end of the world come very soon because when two teams that notoriously screw ups made things actually good then you need to be affraid, so I hope alternate would be gross asf.

4r2eer.png

43 minutes ago, ebod39 said:

Oh ye of little faith.

Not sure why anyone would think you'd let this one get messed up. 👏

Are you able to share any information about the white jersey striping pattern? Just curious if it was always the plan to return to the "mismatched" design or if there was consideration for creating something more consistent across the sleeves and hem.

Did we know this was coming? I was surprised by this today.

Terrific, overall. I'm legitimately surprised (and happy) that they didn't go with one-color numbers (yellow's touching white!  Oh, the humanity!).

But since we "hate everything" I will say that prefer the 1980s set. I like the lack of white striping on the blues. I like the smaller yoke on the whites. And I don't care if it's overkill, I loved the primary as a shoulder patch.

I also think that if they were not going to copy the 1980s 1-for-1, this was an opportunity to go either y/w/b/w/y or b/w/y/w/b on the sleeve and hem of the white...that mismatch has always been something I've tolerated on an otherwise great jersey.

But all that is nitpicking a team that's just moved up my (non-existent) list and looks essentially how they ought to.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived