Buffalo Sabres Return to Royal, Unveil New Logo and Uniforms

Echo

10 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

The minimal white outlines in the yellow striping are starting to grow on me. They wanted to add white without going overboard and this is one of the least worst ways to add it. They wanted the jersey to pop more, instead of having the short & uni stripes be pretty much exactly the same.

My qualm is why not just make the outer stripes themselves white instead of just adding extraneous white stripes? It clutters what should be a very simple design.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

My qualm is why not just make the outer stripes themselves white instead of just adding extraneous white stripes? It clutters what should be a very simple design.

Their classic blue jersey uses 3 yellow stripes. They wanted to keep that, in a way. If you make the outer stripes white, it will become the Blues Winter Classic.

There weren't many ways to go, so it's either thin outlines or all yellow, imo, the only 2 viable options. They wanted the jersey stripes to stand out over the shorts stripe, instead of the reverse.

I've tried but I just can't get past the white outlines on the home jersey.  Are they retina-searing terrible?  No, but they're the only difference between a great jersey and a perfect one.

Seeing the Sabres original colour scheme with modern-day materials was a revelation back in 2010.  The striping was bold, crisp, unique and had zero need for any white.  Every time I see the new home jersey I think of the 40th anniversary look and lament at the perfection this team was so close to achieving.

SzcxHo0.jpg

On 8/28/2020 at 8:18 AM, CS85 said:

My one problem with "Sabre Dance" is that a few years back, I came across an AskReddit thread about which song would be the most inappropriate to have sex to, and "Sabre Dance" was one of the suggestions that had me in tears at the office, unable to tell anyone why I'm in hysterics because this familiar piece of music now immediately puts a visual in my mind of two people frantically banging to keep pace with the circus-like sweeps of the orchestra.

I want to guess what the other really funny ones were. Put me down for "Powerhouse," "Spanish Flea," and "Baby Elephant Walk."

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Entry of the Gladiators might be up there too.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived