oldschoolvikings

Oldschoolvikings' MLB concepts... Marlins and St. Louis Browns added

I used to have a clunky old template that I'd cobbled together from 3 or 4 other templates, but I never liked it much so I never used it.  At some point I'd found a drawing of a baseball player that I thought might make a possible template if I fiddled around with it, but I never had the time. So anyway, world wide pandemic, and I have time.  Here it is...

spacer.png

Love it. Baby blue is a super sweet addition for the Sox, It'd be great to see that lovely custom White Sox script they unveiled last year implemented somehow as well. The all-black gets a big thumbs up from me. I'd love to see what you'd do with the A's. Great start!

18 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I used to have a clunky old template that I'd cobbled together from 3 or 4 other templates, but I never liked it much so I never used it.  At some point I'd found a drawing of a baseball player that I thought might make a possible template if I fiddled around with it, but I never had the time. So anyway, world wide pandemic, and I have time.  Here it is...

spacer.png

This totally looks like the Lakeshore Chinooks. I like it!

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

spacer.png

That last vested jersey seems a bit unnecessary but for what it is I like it. The rest of the set looks amazing, hats off to you. 

On 8/13/2020 at 9:53 PM, oldschoolvikings said:

spacer.png

I like the uniform concept. but the blue numbers don't look good, IMO. 

D-Backs: I like the red & purple color combo. Not a fan of the gold road uni. I think a traditional gray set would work fine in this case. Maybe flip the colors of the “A” for the red cap and jersey. 

Spiders: Solid set. Great logo.

Royals: I like the use of athletic gold over metallic. Not sold on the gold script with white trim on the powder blues.

White Sox: I’d work on making the blue more of a sky blue like on the Chicago flag. 

Rays: I really like the choice of colors and the color balance. 

On 8/24/2020 at 11:36 AM, coco1997 said:

D-Backs: I like the red & purple color combo. Not a fan of the gold road uni. I think a traditional gray set would work fine in this case. Maybe flip the colors of the “A” for the red cap and jersey. 

On my computer, the D-backs road uniform looked more like a wheat/sand/ beigh color, but on my phone it really showed up gold. Not what I had in mind.

On 8/24/2020 at 10:36 AM, coco1997 said:

Spiders: Solid set. Great logo.

Royals: I like the use of athletic gold over metallic. Not sold on the gold script with white trim on the powder blues.

White Sox: I’d work on making the blue more of a sky blue like on the Chicago flag. 

Rays: I really like the choice of colors and the color balance. 

I had the exact opposite reaction.  I think the purple helmet really clashes with the red sleeves on the primaries. 

I think the Rays, Reds, and Spiders look fantastic. Pirates, too.  There's nothing wrong with the Royals (in fact it makes sense given their name and the lack of that scheme in MLB) but I guess I just like their "boring" look.

While I think the stars on the Astros primaries need blue rather than two bright colors, the only one I'm not fond of is the D-backs. Too many colors with too much clashing.

It's funny. I find OSV to be a traditionalist in football but a fan of pushing the envelope in baseball.