MLB caps, ranked

CS85

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, BC985 said:

As a hat guy, I want to engage in this topic, but your treatment of the Cardinals is gross. Taking issue with drunk driving is understandable, but is unrelated to this topic. Mocking Darryl Kile’s death is inexcusable. You aren’t funny or clever. Being a fan of a rival does not make it ok either.  

15 minutes ago, EddieJ1984 said:

He's just being comedic, I didn't take offense to his quibs about Phillies fans (cause no one likes us and we don't care).

If I was on some kind of pedestal where the families/etc of the mentioned dead could see this post and be deeply hurt, I wouldn’t have said anything.  

Thankfully I’m just some guy on a niche message board, so crisis averted.

I only mock the Cardinals dead guys because of the well-documented conceit their fans have, and the weirdly familial way they revered dead drunk drivers.  It’s not like I wrote a vile post about Mother Teresa or something.  

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I don't think there's a fan base that takes things like this as personal as the BFIB.  I don't think I'll ever get over the competition to see who could mourn more that that fanbase had when that Hancock idiot decided to intoxicate himself 2x the limit and then go flying down the highway, and treat a guy like Taveras like a saint, even though he murdered his girlfriend by driving with a BAC of what - 5x the limit?  Stop mourning for athletes that endangered the lives of others - and in at least one case, killed someone.  Someone wants to take a jab at Pelle Lindbergh, be my guest.  Doesn't bother me in the least.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

45 minutes ago, _J_ said:

oh @CherryMX, Football helmets next please.

Already did ‘em!  I’m in phone so can’t find the link but they’re in this forum.  Back a page or three. 

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

57 minutes ago, (probably)notabandwagonfan said:

Like, the man is long gone. His death wasn’t even recent. 

So? 

Edit:  updated OP to reflect dead guy’s status. 

twitter

13 hours ago, infrared41 said:

I disagree. He went easy on them.

Before this post, I don't think I appreciated how uninspired their branding is. Their colors pop and l love a flag logo when it works, but these real Ranger badges convince me there are far more interesting directions they could go. 

e1465f5a3481c7e554a5fad8a3a738fa.jpg

32 minutes ago, -Akronite- said:

Before this post, I don't think I appreciated how uninspired their branding is. Their colors pop and l love a flag logo when it works, but these real Ranger badges convince me there are far more interesting directions they could go. 

e1465f5a3481c7e554a5fad8a3a738fa.jpg

The Legends of the Old West podcast has a great series on the Texas Rangers.  Listened to that and then poof - look at the Rangers brand, and as you did, see some of the actual artifacts and it’s like the baseball franchise never once even tried.  

twitter

22 hours ago, _J_ said:

oh @CherryMX, Football helmets next please.

21 hours ago, CherryMX said:

Already did ‘em!  I’m in phone so can’t find the link but they’re in this forum.  Back a page or three. 

21 hours ago, _J_ said:

DOH. Yeah, almost a year ago.

It's also safe for St. Louis fans! Nothing there to get upset over 🙃

19 minutes ago, _J_ said:

Except, of course, the fact that aren't included because the Rams returned to their proper home and the Cardinals left.

thatsthejoke.png

twitter

31 minutes ago, LogoMark said:

This list is very very close to how I would rank them, therefore I think this list is great. 

Thanks kindly.  My next project is ranking the NHL's winter classic uniforms.  Suggestions are welcome!

twitter

On 8/21/2020 at 6:16 PM, CS85 said:

If I was on some kind of pedestal where the families/etc of the mentioned dead could see this post and be deeply hurt, I wouldn’t have said anything.  

Thankfully I’m just some guy on a niche message board, so crisis averted.

I only mock the Cardinals dead guys because of the well-documented conceit their fans have, and the weirdly familial way they revered dead drunk drivers.  It’s not like I wrote a vile post about Mother Teresa or something.  

Yea but what does any of that have to do with their cap logo? There were plenty of jokes/cheap shots you could have taken that didn't involve multiple dead people.

Archived