MLB caps, ranked

CS85

11 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Yea but what does any of that have to do with their cap logo? There were plenty of jokes/cheap shots you could have taken that didn't involve multiple dead people.

Fact: there would be fewer dead people if not for the dead Cardinals.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is no rebuttal that's going to make anyone care about or show any respect to the dead cardinals, or the people that went out of their way to praise them, then participate in a BFIB circle jerk, despite their players' irresponsible and murderous behavior.  

There's a fantastic "today we are all..." in there, but it'd probably get me 7 days on the shelf, so use your imagination.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

11 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Fact: there would be fewer dead people if not for the dead Cardinals.

I acknowledged that being against drunk driving is warranted. It’s a sensitive topic, especially if someone in your life has been hurt or killed by an impaired driver. My objection is dragging Darryl Kile into it. Someone who did not put others at risk and died in his sleep. It was a trash comment, and I honestly cannot understand how anyone can defend it. 

As a Twins fan who is on this board, I should know better, but I think the gold-trimmed cap is an "alternate" and their "primary" is the cap sans gold. Yeah, that means that at home they wear the primary jersey with the alt cap and vice versa. The Twins are trying too hard...

Other random comments:

• Funny; my take on the Orioles logo is the opposite of yours.  I hate Happy Bird but I actually like the "O's" logo on his hat. Older versions include a small orange blob.  They needed to ditch that either with what they chose, a B, or blank.  But I'd rank it where you did...maybe a bit lower.
  • I'm with you ranking the Rockies extremely low.
  • You underrated Toronto (no question top-10 for me), Pittsburgh, and Houston. The cheating doesn't impact me.  I think it's fantastic and I hope they don't decide they have to totally re-do themselves because of that.
  • You overrated: Padres (I hate to say that but the broken "D" bugs me and I thin the logo's a bit too "fat."), Nats, and White Sox (I just don't like "Sox" as a hat emblem).  Also the Twins.  The gold doesn't work.  And when it's not there?  The "C" is tough to see on the blue background.  I'd put it in the top 10 if both the T and C were red with white outline.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

As much as I hate to agree with you I completely agree on the Rockies. They really need to update, if it were up to me they would be wearing a Colorado C with the top turned into mountain in a similar manner to how the Jazz had the old ball logo with mountains. A combination of these, y’all can picture it because I’m not talented enough! (Sorry for the size, I’m in phone and haven’t figured that out yet.)

spacer.pngspacer.png

As for everything else, there were a few times early on I had objections but then couldn’t move teams up too much higher. There are a lot of GREAT hats in MLB so some pretty good ones end up way lower than they should. My biggest quibble is the Reds, you chose to do their road cap but even with the drop shadow their home cap is easily top 10 imo.

The Cards jokes are dark and insensitive but they are pretty clearly jokes. The entire post is filled with dark humor and condescension. Get over it or ignore it, we don’t need more white night GFIBs defending their team’s honor.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

1 hour ago, JTernup said:

As much as I hate to agree with you I completely agree on the Rockies. They really need to update, if it were up to me they would be wearing a Colorado C with the top turned into mountain in a similar manner to how the Jazz had the old ball logo with mountains. A combination of these, y’all can picture it because I’m not talented enough! (Sorry for the size, I’m in phone and haven’t figured that out yet.)

spacer.pngspacer.png

I like the idea, but it's too similar to the Cubs' design. I tried to do something that calls to mind that design ages ago.

7lwZITy.png

I'm not sure I stand by it as much now, but I think it gets the idea across better than the "CR" thing. Of course, since the Rockies have had such a consistent identity since 1993 (unlike the other '93/'98 expansion teams), I hesitant for them to do too much to overhaul the look.

2 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

I like the idea, but it's too similar to the Cubs' design. I tried to do something that calls to mind that design ages ago.

I'm not sure I stand by it as much now, but I think it gets the idea across better than the "CR" thing. Of course, since the Rockies have had such a consistent identity since 1993 (unlike the other '93/'98 expansion teams), I hesitant for them to do too much to overhaul the look.

I like those but I’m just tired of the serifs. The Colorado flag has such a positive perception and is really ubiquitous in the state and amongst our professional teams. I don’t think it’s a problem because the Cubs and Colorado C arose at approximately the same time 1908 & 1911, the CO C is way thicker, it would be purple with a silver outline, and it would have the additional mountain design. I really don’t think there would be any risk to them being confused. MLB also has a history of teams using the same or similar letter forms. Reds/Twins/Cleveland red wishbone C, Dodgers/Red Sox poky B, NY and LA marks that could be confused by the uninitiated.  You could argue that some of those are less similar than this would be but they are all in a similar ballpark that make me think it would work.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

I hear ya. Having lived in Colorado for a little over a year now, I see the state flag just about everywhere. It's one of the best in the US and could totally be a classy look for the Rockies. Placing the mountains either inside the "C" (where the sun is) or on top of the "C" (which I'm not as keen on) would be enough to differentiate them from the Cubs. 

Of course, if it came with a black-free or minimal-black redesign (i.e., purple caps as standard, with purple socks/undershirts/belts) and a new font, it'd be even better.

• 8 months later...

Haha I love the new “8 months later...” indicator on mobile to let you know this is an old thread. 

E8520YS.jpg

3 hours ago, BBTV said:

Haha I love the new “8 months later...” indicator on mobile to let you know this is an old thread. 

It's on desktop too.

CPALr5W.png

I've also come across it for lesser time frames too, so it must just appear if somebody makes a new post in any old thread after a given period of inactivity.

IEI5Tg1.png

On 8/20/2020 at 10:49 AM, CS85 said:

I mean c'mon.  it had to be the top.

Not necessarily. Just because it's the Yankees doesn't automatically make it the best. Frankly, I'd rank it on par with pretty much any of the other solid color caps with a monogram. For me, it's no better or worse than Detroit's, for example.

On 8/20/2020 at 10:49 AM, CS85 said:

This button should be red, you stupid bastards, red!

I don't think it would look bad, but then I'd want the monogram to be red or have a red outline. I think the white squatchee works because the monogram is also white. It balances things out better.

On 5/21/2021 at 9:53 PM, Arkmedic said:

This list doesn’t make sense, lol he talks about the the Rangers hat but the Angels hat with a pokey A is top 10. Reasoning of list is so awful.  

9 hours ago, Quillz said:

Not necessarily. Just because it's the Yankees doesn't automatically make it the best. Frankly, I'd rank it on par with pretty much any of the other solid color caps with a monogram. For me, it's no better or worse than Detroit's, for example.

9 hours ago, Quillz said:

I don't think it would look bad, but then I'd want the monogram to be red or have a red outline. I think the white squatchee works because the monogram is also white. It balances things out better.

All I'll say is that my rankings are better than Paul Lukas'.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived