JJ Anderes

Carolina Hurricanes Rebrand

spongebob squarepants love GIF     Not even a Canes fan (quite the contrary) yet this is NOICE!

I like it! It's a nice take on the team's colors, and pushing the warning flag stick to the forefront is a good idea. In what some might consider ironic coming from me, you might actually want to consider adding South Carolina to the outline. As it stands now the logo is a bit unbalanced with the bottom part of the stick stabbing straight through the state line, but with SC there to fill the space it could look better (plus they are the Carolina Hurricanes). Not a huge fan of making black the primary, but I can live with it. Good work!

I agree about South Carolina too. While I know they do have a logo that only includes North Carolina right now, I do agree that having South Carolina in the logo will make it a bit more balanced. There are a few Hurricane fans down there lol. 

1 hour ago, jbird669 said:

Holy crap, these are epic (and the Canes knocked out my Rangers). 

Ah, fellow rangers fan.

Not a Canes fan despite living in the Carolinas now but love these unis.  The primary is badass.

In my opinion, this looks too much like a “B” to be a primary logo, seems like it would cause confusion.

14 minutes ago, mvk said:

In my opinion, this looks too much like a “B” to be a primary logo, seems like it would cause confusion.

I disagree. The parts are clearly separate and are well-defined enough to know what they are. Also, what you think might be a "B," the hurricane flags, have been in use as warning flags for the last 145 years. 

Yes I know what hurricane flags are.  But if you look at it and didn’t know, you would think it is a stylized B.  I think the hurricane storm logo is a lot better. It’s a good job as a concept though.

Like the colors, love the concept. I'm from Colorado and have to admit I had no clue what a hurricane warning flag was -- I was confused at first glance when I saw a Canes concept where the primary was two D's stacked on top of each other. Maybe square the two warning icons and give them just a tad more separation. Nice work so far though.

I really like the use of more gray, and the concept is really nice...

That said, the gray jersey should probably be just white with gray stripes included in the sleeve design and torso stripes. 

The lines that intersect (to the right of the hurricane flags) look really odd. 

Maybe make the flags look slightly more ragged/torn.