Favorite Ohio State Alternate Uniform?

Though I'm certainly not a fan of the team, Ohio State has had a bevy of alternate uniforms over the years. I thought it would interesting to see which alternates are popular here, as there are so many, and they range from super-gaudy-nike-disaster to throwback to decent alternate.

Personally, I happen to like the all-black alternate, though I wish it was limited to just the jersey. Black is most definitely a key part of the color scheme so it doesn't feel too out there.

WgJjR7m.jpg

The 1916 and 60s throwbacks are great too.

mvkZA47.jpg

UYHxaiV.jpg

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

The all black is a cool look. When they first introduced it I was resistant because BFBS and it's a traditional program. But as a total look in a vacuum (for a night game every couple years), a great addition to the uniform options. Plus, it's fun to have blackouts, which can act as a counterpart to Penn State's whiteout in our growing rivalry. (The all gray doesn't do it for me.)

I actually disagree that the black should be limited to the jersey, though. It's a gimmick look, so I think you need to lean in with the all-black, and I really think it works. Pairing an alternate black jersey with our traditional helmet and/or pants would only sully the primary elements. It's why I found the 2016 UM game so egregious. You have that glorious gray stripe throwback, perfect for The Game, and you put a bowling ball on your head? (Somehow not a bad memory...)

27osu-mich-web1-jumbo.jpg

Maybe in an exhibition game but wear the real helmet for Michigan please. 

The white playoff alternate is practically perfect and should be their primary road.

15986016629_bdaa8f2675_b.jpg

I'd prefer a scarlet counterpart with white TV numbers as the primary home, but I wouldn't mind keeping the black TV numbers around. They are also very cool. (Also, OMG that Hawaii throwback!)

braxton-miller-ncaa-football-hawaii-ohio

Also have enjoyed these guys with the thick stripes and chrome stuff, especially in all white for some reason:

452619425.0.jpg

Archived