NFL 2020

FormerLurker

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, goforbroke said:

The helmet should be much bigger.  And it would've been better to show his face with that standard look of calm determination he always had.

6 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

The helmet should be much bigger.  And it would've been better to show his face with that standard look of calm determination he always had.

Z5LkUZS.jpg
The face of a champion right there 

On 2/21/2020 at 3:34 PM, Sportscenter said:

Since everyone is talking about the Broncos. Here's a shameless plug of a concept I did in 2016 after Denver's first color rush game

spacer.png

If there was going to be a change, this is exactly what I would do. However, I'd ditch the last two in this set completely. Leave the D in the past. I love it as much as the next guy, but the Cyber Horse is (head) and shoulders better. I'm glad you kept the current helmet with this new set. I hope that never changes again.

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

I cannot state where I got my info, but confirmed 7 teams making changes for 2020:

Browns

Buccaneers

Chargers
Colts (very minor)

Falcons

Patriots

Rams

These are changes to primary homes and aways and not just a change to an alternate. All the Broncos talk can stop... they are not making any changes for the 2020 season.

3 minutes ago, canzman said:

I cannot state where I got my info, but confirmed 7 teams making changes for 2020:

Browns

Buccaneers

Chargers
Colts (very minor)

Falcons

Patriots

Rams

These are changes to primary homes and aways and not just a change to an alternate. All the Broncos talk can stop... they are not making any changes for the 2020 season.

"Chargers
Colts (very minor)

Patriots"

These are new. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

22 minutes ago, Pizzaman7294 said:

"Chargers
Colts (very minor)

Patriots"

These are new. 

If accurate, Colts could be something small like a wordmark or logo added to the chest or collar or nameplate.  Chargers with a new stadium could be just like the Rams.  Pats are a standout for sure.

29 minutes ago, canzman said:

Browns

Buccaneers

Chargers
Colts (very minor)

Falcons

Patriots

Rams

Hopefully that means fixed Shoulder Stripes, Blue Facemask, and the return of Sock Stripes. Might as well bring back the White Jersey-Blue Pants combo as an alternate.

spacer.png

spacer.png

da0Lbhs.png

1 hour ago, simtek34 said:

Hopefully that means fixed Shoulder Stripes, Blue Facemask, and the return of Sock Stripes. Might as well bring back the White Jersey-Blue Pants combo as an alternate.

You are thinking too big... Change is even more minor than what you listed.

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

That would be a huge downgrade for the Colts, so guarantee that's what they're doing.

1 hour ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

I don't understand how a blue facemask is a "huge downgrade." It's literally balancing the uniform more than it already is. 

Because this looks awesome...

spacer.png

spacer.png

And this looks like a temporary 80's thing...

spacer.png

BTW, other than Nike inventing a better template to allow them to actually wear their correct sleeves stripes, there really is only one change the Colts need, the right socks;

spacer.png

2 hours ago, canzman said:

Browns

Buccaneers

Chargers
Colts (very minor)

Falcons

Patriots

Rams

Since you specifically stated the Colts' as being minor, I guess we can assume the Chargers and Patriots are less minor?

Browns

Buccaneers

Chargers
Colts (very minor)

Falcons

Patriots

Rams

If the Colts’ minor changes are the throwback numbers and/or striped socks, then I’m 100% ecstatically in favor. 

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Could the Patriots finally be getting rid of the unneeded piping???  Please please please

I don't know much from anything official...but there might be a change coming to the Colts helmet (?)  I look at a lot of retail stuff, and one of the trusted sites I visited had a "TBD" helmet for the Colts when all teams without changes were shown. It was odd that the Colts' photo (of a Riddell retail-for-fans-only helmet) wasn't shown. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 hours ago, canzman said:

Browns

Buccaneers

Chargers
Colts (very minor)

Falcons

Patriots

Rams

Hmmmm. Here are my guesses:

-Chargers: reverting to 2018 uniforms, basically. Goodbye to yellow facemask, and baby blue goes back to alternate status. Either white or navy facemask. No other changes. (The Spanos family hates any color that has even a hint of personality, so...)

-Patriots: either losing the piping, or unveiling a set based on the Color Rush design. Nothing drastic. However, the fact that they’re making any changes at all makes me think Bill has long believed Brady would be gone after 2019 (since they have to file with the league in advance). 

-Colts: adding a patch or a sleeve logo or a pants logo or striped socks or something even smaller than any of these. 

You are thinking too big... Change is even more minor than what you listed.

Vapor Untouchable Template.  Colts only wore it for their Color Rush games last year and were still in the Nike Elite 51 template in 2019.

Personally, I'd welcome the retention of the 50's-60's era Color Rush number font.  I also think Blue facemasks would look great on today's helmets. I'm a big fan of Grey masks for a throwback look, but believe they should always be paired with Black cleats, and about half of Colts players typically wear White/Blue now.  If they retain Grey masks, they should make Black shoes mandatory. I think updating to a Royal mask with White or White/Royal shoes, especially with the new sock rule, would make them look sleeker.  Keep the traditional look, just modernize it a bit for this era.

Archived