NFL 2020

FormerLurker

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anybody else miss the Bills red helmet?

gettyimages-357510.jpg

There's just something about how the whole uniform set pops and the logo just fits real well on the red.

Above has a great usage of the red, white, and blue color combo, imo.

This is what they're currently wearing. Below unis are not bad, but tbh I kinda prefer the old.

R56TCTQ7WBE4LMA77KLGIF77CQ.jpg

How is one any more “generic” than the other? I don’t think that’s the right word. 

to me the logo looks better on the white helmet because it doesn’t need the white keyline around it. Much cleaner. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

12 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

Above has such great usage of the red, white, and blue color combo. It's too bad that unique set has been replaced by something more generic that's less appealing imo:

Unique?? Looks exactly like the old Giants uniform besides the helmet. The white helmet is the superior and the classic bills look. Also I wish the logo was red instead of blue.

On 9/13/2020 at 11:10 PM, DouglasQuaid said:

Unique?? Looks exactly like the old Giants uniform besides the helmet. The white helmet is the superior and the classic bills look. Also I wish the logo was red instead of blue.

What I meant by unique is the red helmet, blue jersey, white pants combo. That's not used anymore.

The Bills had the red helmet for as long as I can remember and I felt like that's what made them stand out. I know their original uniforms had white helmets. I just prefer the red over the white and wanted to see if anyone else did too.

3 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

I'm not crazy how the home blue has a couple of gradients but the road white has none.

There are many elements in this uniform design that just miss the mark. They got the classic colors right, the actual Ram logo is an okay update. But that's about it.

15 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

Pats look good but desperately need silver pants. The all blue is fine for a change of pace but this will get stale wearing the same pants 16 games a season. Also, you can see here how they’re intermingling last year’s Color Rush (see 72) with this year’s new set. Lack of attention to detail. If you’re going to bother changing the number font, commit to it and do it right. I was worried this would happen when they used the old jerseys for photo day.

Eluemunor at least had the updated name bar font. Joejuan Williams was wearing an old Color Rush jersey. 😬

Wzva6RJ.jpg

I'll admit that I'm in the minority with my opinion on the Rams unis, but really no need to go into that. What I DO want to know is: is there any rational behind having 2 separate designs for home/away instead of just a color swap like most teams? Was the thinking that TV numbers on the bone jersey would help with identification while on the road? (similar to how back in the day, some teams had NOBs on their away but not home)

2 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

Does anybody else miss the Bills red helmet?

Me. I thought the red helmet and blue jersey worked well together. I'd go with that plus red socks with blue stripes to keep the red/blue blend going.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

11 hours ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

The bone looks grey and the blue looks almost too blue, this set really is awful. 

After seeing dark blue helmets forever, the Rams blue helmets reminded me of the plastic helmets from the NFL uniforms you could order from Sears back in the day. I didn't mind the bone uniforms until you'd see the back of the sleeves. I think they could be improved by making that whole insert blue instead of yellow and white. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

9 hours ago, Delicate Genius said:

Eluemunor at least had the updated name bar font. Joejuan Williams was wearing a jersey from last year. 😬

Wzva6RJ.jpg

Bruh...what kind of haberdashery is going on here? Do they not have quality control people who can see that stuff??

This whole episode reminds me of the (circa) '96 San Francisco 49ers snafu, when they were transitioning from the Wilson block numbers the Jacksonville Jaguars started out in to the thinner and more square block style the Buccaneers adopted in '97. The 49ers back then also had players on the field with both number styles at the same time. 

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1 hour ago, Magic Dynasty said:

The Falcons' biggest mistake was making the facemask gray. It matches nothing, and looked very out of place in action.

Like every other team that uses a grey mask without grey being a part of their colours. I know this is unpopular, but your facemask should be a colour your team actually uses.

31 minutes ago, Buc said:

Bruh...what kind of haberdashery is going on here? Do they not have quality control people who can see that stuff??

This whole episode reminds me of the (circa) '96 San Francisco 49ers snafu, when they were transitioning from the Wilson block numbers the Jacksonville Jaguars started out in to the thinner and more square block style the Buccaneers adopted in '97. The 49ers back then also had players on the field with both number styles at the same time. 

The 49ers also had issues in the 80s too with jerseys and pants.

What’s with the stupid-ass super-long tear-away shirts that players are wearing under their jerseys? The Jets were the first team I noticed doing it (last season), but now everyone is. The Rams looked especially ridiculous - almost like they were wearing blue tummy shapers around their bone unitards. 

don’t they realize how amateur it looks?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

11 hours ago, DouglasQuaid said:

Unique?? Looks exactly like the old Giants uniform besides the helmet

I mean, the helmet is a huge part of the uniform. 

I like CBS's ticker that shows the Bills logo with a red background. The logo on a red background still looks great. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

10 hours ago, Delicate Genius said:

Eluemunor at least had the updated name bar font. Joejuan Williams was wearing a jersey from last year. 😬

Wzva6RJ.jpg

For a team with such a championship legacy, this is something that, while most fans won't notice, is still just embarrassing.

On another note, it seems that the Rams uniforms got much grayer as the night went on. Still don't like them. 

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

Archived