NFL 2020

FormerLurker

2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

The NFL hasn’t required tv numbers on throwbacks for years. Now we know they don’t require them on regular uniforms anymore either. 

We should have seen the signs considering New England didn’t have TV numbers on their Color Rush when it debuted in 2016 and that was an alternate, not a throwback.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

So easy... metallic blue-silver helmet. Matching color for the pants. Use the current white jersey and a royal blue version of it when you're forced.

If Kansas State can pull this off, so can the Cowboys:

ou-v-kansas-state-football.jpg

1 hour ago, insert name said:

So the Colts have a new script logo but still uses the old one on the endzone? 

If it's stitched in, they'd have to order new end zones. I believe they are. Previously the Big Ten painted over them for the championship but now they have their own set of end zones. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I think it's funny one of the Cowboys' 84 colors (or is it 83 or 85 due to Nike's change to the new powder blue pants color?) is actually black, yet the Nike logo on the sleeves is blue. But they were able to shoehorn in a black logo on the Colts' uniforms when it previously wasn't part of their simpler palette.

23 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Hot take from my Dad in reference to the Browns bulldog logo:

”What’s that pile of s***?”

Well, I mean, they are... The Browns 🕶

I always thought the B-football would be a good helmet logo. I’m pro helmet logo in general for them. If your team’s history is so tragic, just let go of trying to be so “traditional”. Keep the current uni style because it looks good and put something on the damn helmet. The franchise needs a good luck charm. 

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

On 9/27/2020 at 12:39 AM, aawagner011 said:

We should have seen the signs considering New England didn’t have TV numbers on their Color Rush when it debuted in 2016 and that was an alternate, not a throwback.

True, but Color Rush were always supposed to be unusual. Eliminating the tv number requirement from regular uniforms is still a significant step.  

Is the lack of tv numbers due to new designs or actual uniform cuts? IIRC, a lot of teams had tv numbers on the sleeve but didn’t the bears and chiefs move them to shoulder due to uniform cut? I mean, the panthers tv numbers might be the size of helmet numbers now.

KISSwall09.jpg

16 minutes ago, hormone said:

Is the lack of tv numbers due to new designs or actual uniform cuts? IIRC, a lot of teams had tv numbers on the sleeve but didn’t the bears and chiefs move them to shoulder due to uniform cut? I mean, the panthers tv numbers might be the size of helmet numbers now.

IIRC, it was revealed that Cleveland lobbied for no TV numbers on their new redesign CR, but were told no because those were mandated. Yet, both LA teams and New England were apparently exempt from this rule when designing their new uniforms.

As for Carolina, if I were them, I’d remove the sleeve logo, move the numbers down to that spot and enlarge them.

10 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

IIRC, it was revealed that Cleveland lobbied for no TV numbers on their new redesign CR, but were told no because those were mandated. Yet, both LA teams and New England were apparently exempt from this rule when designing their new uniforms.

As for Carolina, if I were them, I’d remove the sleeve logo, move the numbers down to that spot and enlarge them.

The Chargers have the numbers on the helmet which I think bypasses that. Rams only have it for their dishwater set which is odd. 

But yeah, TV numbers should be a requirement I feel. 

Go A's!

2 minutes ago, phutmasterflex said:

The Chargers have the numbers on the helmet which I think bypasses that. Rams only have it for their dishwater set which is odd. 

But yeah, TV numbers should be a requirement I feel. 

Yeah I’m fine with the Chargers for that reason. The Rams set is just odd all across the board. I’m okay with New England, but they present the same problem as Carolina. The TV numbers up on the shoulders would be way too small. Removal of the repetitive logo is the key.

1 hour ago, DNAsports said:

Yeah I’m fine with the Chargers for that reason. The Rams set is just odd all across the board. I’m okay with New England, but they present the same problem as Carolina. The TV numbers up on the shoulders would be way too small. Removal of the repetitive logo is the key.

Replace the Elvis on the sleeve with the numbers and we are good. Never been a fan of a sleeve logo being the same as the helmet logo. 

Go A's!

2 hours ago, phutmasterflex said:

Replace the Elvis on the sleeve with the numbers and we are good. Never been a fan of a sleeve logo being the same as the helmet logo. 

I think it looks silly on the falcons uniforms, where you have the falcons logo all nice and big on the helmet, then on the sleeve they have a tiny falcon.

Like either put numbers on there, or an alternative logo.

Archived