NFL 2020

FormerLurker

2 hours ago, MarkAtnip said:

As he has been in hospice for a few weeks, my assumption would be that they were proactively working on something appropriate. 

Could be just me but having patches ready to go when someone finally kicks the bucket is in really bad taste. I would think they were hoping for the best.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having worked in media relations for multiple professional organizations, once hospice is entered, it is an indication that preparations, memorials, tributes, etc should be readied, as they could be needed at a few hours notice.   The situation is, indeed terrible, however it's part of being a professional organization.

At one point the owner for one of the teams for which I have worked passed away.  It was not an unexpected passing,  and the structure of the memorials and tributes, in-stadium reminders, etc, were already determined.  I have no doubt there will be tributes tomorrow, however I was hoping that someone who is in the loop might have some insight as to the specifics.  

BroncosSig.jpg

It's the absolute worst number for a non punter or kicker.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, andycumbee19 said:

Color the 44 yard line hash marks orange or keep them white and outline them in orange. Obviously a moment of silence and tribute video goes without saying

That is subtle but brilliant, and they should absolutely do that from this point on.   Were it not for Little, we would have been watching the Birmingham Broncos since 1968.

BroncosSig.jpg

Teams usually have video packages nearly ready to go for star players hat are clearly nearing the end. At least all rhe highlights saved somewhere with narration scripts in at least draft stage. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

13 hours ago, MarkAtnip said:

Having worked in media relations for multiple professional organizations, once hospice is entered, it is an indication that preparations, memorials, tributes, etc should be readied, as they could be needed at a few hours notice.   The situation is, indeed terrible, however it's part of being a professional organization.

At one point the owner for one of the teams for which I have worked passed away.  It was not an unexpected passing,  and the structure of the memorials and tributes, in-stadium reminders, etc, were already determined.  I have no doubt there will be tributes tomorrow, however I was hoping that someone who is in the loop might have some insight as to the specifics.  

Here is the sticker — it seems to confirm your thoughts on preparations once Little's family announced he entered hospice.

22 hours ago, tBBP said:

Unless you're Warren Moon, who chose that number specifically because he knew it'd draw attention to his position as leader on the field.  Now Jeff George in ATL on the other hand... 

No one outside of the Bay cares, but don't forget about Chris Simms...

20090303__51592327JG_D024287008p1.jpg?w=

Also, I think Tim Couch kinda sparked off the then-trend of QBs wearing 2 in the NFL; I'm pretty sure Doug Flutie was the last starter to do so before Couch was drafted.

(Unrelated, but I really liked that Simms kid. Hate that he didn't pan out...)

-1 spleen

Los Angeles Rams To Wear New Uniform Combination In Playoffs

January 6, 2021 - 16:57 PM

Upon unveiling their new logos and uniforms this offseason, the Los Angeles Rams said they wouldn’t mix and match their bone-colored jersey or pants with pieces from their home uniform.  Yet, the Rams donned their blue jerseys with bone-colored pants in victories over the Seattle Seahawks, New England Patriots and

Read More...

On 1/1/2021 at 5:13 PM, BBTV said:

I know you're not looking for backups or 3rd stringers, but Matt Barkley wore it for the Eagles a few years ago.  

I think it's especially bad on the Eagles.  The 2 is just wonky.  Make the kicker wear it.

usa-today-8197011.0.jpg

That looks infinitely better than the Eagles' 1.

spacer.png

. . . which, in the "damning with faint praise" category, looks better alone than when paired with another digit

spacer.pngspacer.png

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived