NFL 2020

FormerLurker

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, let's get back on topic after... whatever the mess that the last three pages were. Time for some Falcons speculation.

The perfect scenario would be an update of their Throwback/Color Rush Uniform. Preferably Red. There are 4 Black Helmet teams (PIT, BAL, JAX, ATL) and only 1 Red Helmet team (KAN). Also, keep their current font, using an outline rather than a dropshadow. Fonts were one of the only good things Reebok could do IMO. The Alternate Uniform would be a Throwback to either the 60's Blacks or the 70's/80's Reds depending on the color of the Primary Home Jersey.

But knowing Nike, we will probably get some sickening Helmet-to-Cleat All Black Uniform with Red Side panels, Silver Numbers, and Gold Facemasks, because Nike.

da0Lbhs.png

6 minutes ago, simtek34 said:

Okay, let's get back on topic after... whatever the mess that the last three pages were. Time for some Falcons speculation.

The perfect scenario would be an update of their Throwback/Color Rush Uniform. Preferably Red. There are 4 Black Helmet teams (PIT, BAL, JAX, ATL) and only 1 Red Helmet team (KAN). Also, keep their current font, using an outline rather than a dropshadow. Fonts were one of the only good things Reebok could do IMO. The Alternate Uniform would be a Throwback to either the 60's Blacks or the 70's/80's Reds depending on the color of the Primary Home Jersey.

But knowing Nike, we will probably get some sickening Helmet-to-Cleat All Black Uniform with Red Side panels, Silver Numbers, and Gold Facemasks, because Nike.

If they went with a design similar to the San Antonio Commanders, minus the wrap around Alamo and with a little black trim it could be a good look. I like the idea of a black helmet instead of red, but adding another red helmet in a league with so many black helmets would be a good idea. 

As far as the over modern idea, I think Arthur Blank would snuff that our pretty quick. I could see him going back to the beginning rather than trying to modernize a previously considered modern looking uniform. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

56 minutes ago, simtek34 said:

I never pictured the Falcons with a red helmet, but something in red with a finish like the below Utah helmet would work.

61rZMtwYMCL._SX466_.jpg

46 minutes ago, FormerLurker said:

I’m more than happy to share some specifics of my source and I’ll even share the pics my source said he will send me later in the year with the mods if anyone here can vouch for their discretion when it comes to matters like this. 

Can’t wait.

1 hour ago, simtek34 said:

I was watching some NFL Films season recap documentaries from the late '70s and early '80s on YouTube yesterday (nerd alert!) and can't imagine a better look for the Falcons than what they wore in that era, which I'll forever think of as the Bartkowski Era. The bright red, black and gray was really unique. 

I'd be in favor of a modest modernization of that look. 

spacer.png

33 minutes ago, AstroBull21 said:

I never pictured the Falcons with a red helmet, but something in red with a finish like the below Utah helmet would work.

61rZMtwYMCL._SX466_.jpg

It's not anything new. They had Red helmets from 1966-1989, and with Throwbacks in 1994 and 2009-2012.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

da0Lbhs.png

If Falcons logo will not include Silver again, I'd love to see them with a Silver/Grey helmet.  Yes, I realize 5 other teams have a Silver helmet, but with a different finish or mix, they could achieve a different look.  I've always loved Colorado's recent Satin Silver/Grey lid and Black/Red/White logos & stripes can look fantastic on it.

19 minutes ago, tohasbo said:

Correct if I am wrong on this but wasn't the stadium seats designed in a way to look like the logo?

The colour/design of stadium seating was brought up in the Padres thread (how could a team wearing brown play in a stadium with blue seats? Preposterous!) and I'll say here what I said then.

Stadium seats have no baring whatsoever on this stuff. It's usually trotted out as the last argument against a change and the fact is it's pretty much a non-factor. Besides, seats should be filled with fans on gameday, so who cares?

5 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

The colour/design of stadium seating was brought up in the Padres thread (how could a team wearing brown play in a stadium with blue seats? Preposterous!) and I'll say here what I said then.

Stadium seats have no baring whatsoever on this stuff. It's usually trotted out as the last argument against a change and the fact is it's pretty much a non-factor. Besides, seats should be filled with fans on gameday, so who cares?

Yeah, it’s not a full logo either.

Mercedes-Benz-Stadium-Section-226-Row-6_

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

7 hours ago, LMU said:

The moderator team has been monitoring these teases for several years.  At this point, we've had enough.

This is not the place to brag that you may or may not have an "in" with someone.  This is not the place to play the schoolyard "nyah nyah nyah I know something you don't know" game.  If you actually have substantiated information to share, feel free, but constantly derailing threads with vague guessing games is going to stop right now.

Consider this an official warning.

Someone else finally is not buying into it. I'm guessing only the Browns and Rams switch

SqZ68qe.png

tL45BrE.png

18 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

I’m currently at the Penguins game where they have yet to change out the Vegas gold seats for yellow. Yeah, it’s a non issue. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

Archived