NFL 2020

FormerLurker

Just now, simtek34 said:

It isn't.

spacer.png

obviously, but the actual scheming of it is the same. It's not a different stripe. It flairs out on the back of the helmet to mimic the red line in the logo. I think the same treatment would look kind of silly on the pants. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Sport said:

obviously, but the actual scheming of it is the same. It's not a different stripe. It flairs out on the back of the helmet to mimic the red line in the logo. I think the same treatment would look kind of silly on the pants. 

But it's not necessary on the helmet. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 minutes ago, Sport said:

Of course, but I'm pretty sure the original poster meant that he would rather have the Helmet stripe match the Pants, where it would be straight, and not the Pant stripe match the Helmet.

On 4/10/2020 at 5:23 PM, Newport said:

My only two complaint is the helmet stripe. I wish it was identical to the pants. I also wish the face mask was white. Do that and it's one of my top in the league. 

da0Lbhs.png

6 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

What in the world makes something "necessary" in uniform design? I don't get these takes. 

It's not so much as necessary as unncessary. If you can have a simplistic design that looks good and traditional, it might not be necessary to add something to it. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, Newport said:

It’s not. Check out the back of the helmet.

Thanks you. Would look much better if it was just regular.

Yeah I can't care about that. It's the same striping scheme, which is identical in my book. A small swoop on the back on the helmet doesn't move my annoyance meter, especially because the stripe is playing off of a key part of the logo. And if you look at the players from the front you can't even tell 

fnluo5vyrrz4cnkxmf8y.jpg

PvO6ZWJ.png

2 hours ago, WSU151 said:

It's not so much as necessary as unncessary. If you can have a simplistic design that looks good and traditional, it might not be necessary to add something to it. 

What is the point in everything looking "good" and "traditional." What defines good? I'm always looking for teams to do something that's unique to them, otherwise we'd have a bunch of teams with northwestern stripes running around. The Bills have that tapered red stripe in their logo, why not use it anywhere they want? That makes them more unique than wearing a standard helmet stripe. And it doesn't look bad. 

7 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

What is the point in everything looking "good" and "traditional." What defines good? I'm always looking for teams to do something that's unique to them, otherwise we'd have a bunch of teams with northwestern stripes running around. The Bills have that tapered red stripe in their logo, why not use it anywhere they want? That makes them more unique than wearing a standard helmet stripe. And it doesn't look bad. 

The two “non-traditional” helmet stripes that have stuck out to me the most as being really good are the Bills and Broncos. I love how with Denver’s helmet, the stripe goes from back to front

spacer.png

7 hours ago, simtek34 said:

It isn't.

spacer.png

The Bills have my favorite uniforms in the NFL. The tapered helmet stripe doesn't really bother me and I guess it fits with the logo and the Navy is barely noticeable. You can say it's not needed, and I'd probably agree but it doesn't bring down the look for me.

7 hours ago, Sport said:

Yeah I can't care about that. It's the same striping scheme, which is identical in my book. A small swoop on the back on the helmet doesn't move my annoyance meter, especially because the stripe is playing off of a key part of the logo. And if you look at the players from the front you can't even tell 

fnluo5vyrrz4cnkxmf8y.jpg

4 hours ago, VikWings said:

The Bills have my favorite uniforms in the NFL. The tapered helmet stripe doesn't really bother me and I guess it fits with the logo and the Navy is barely noticeable. You can say it's not needed, and I'd probably agree but it doesn't bring down the look for me.

The one thing that annoys me to no end about that otherwise great Bills uniform is the fact they still feel the need to force the thin navy outlines...remove those and everything becomes much cleaner (and the red outlines can more freely breathe on their own--right now it looks more like purple from certain distances.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

On 4/16/2020 at 7:33 AM, jn8 said:

Maybe (probably) an unpopular opinion, but I absolutely love Pittsburgh’s number font the way it is. Block looks good as well, so I wouldn’t be too upset if they went back to it, but in all honesty I’d leave the font exactly the way it is if it was up to me. 

Completely agree. Not every team has to use a block font. The Steelers have a really cool, distinctive look with the current font, and they've won 2 Superbowls wearing it. 

Abandoning that to go back to a font half the NFL uses would be terrible IMO. Block-For-Block's-Sake.

14 hours ago, DNAsports said:

The two “non-traditional” helmet stripes that have stuck out to me the most as being really good are the Bills and Broncos. I love how with Denver’s helmet, the stripe goes from back to front

spacer.png

There was a mini trend of “non-traditional” helmet stripes in the late 90s with the Titans and Ravens (both two stripes tapering to points) and the Broncos.

Not many since that I can remember - although the Titans have a single stripe taper on their current navy helmets.

spacer.pngspacer.png

21 hours ago, Sport said:

You could get away with doing it upside-down, I guess. It can't flare out downward unless your calves are bigger than your thighs,

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

16 minutes ago, the admiral said:

You could get away with doing it upside-down, I guess. It can't flare out downward unless your calves are bigger than your thighs,

McDavid-narrow.jpg

I was thinking Oilers style, which I don't think would look good on a football pant. That it flairs on the back of the helmet is of no concern to me one way or the other.

PvO6ZWJ.png

5 minutes ago, Sport said:

McDavid-narrow.jpg

I was thinking Oilers style, which I don't think would look good on a football pant. That it flairs on the back of the helmet is of no concern to me one way or the other.

Considering hockey pants aren’t as tight fitting as football pants, it’d probably look a tad awkward 

Archived