NFL 2020

FormerLurker

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally would love to see the league implement a rule that teams must wear their standard home jersey for a reasonable portion of their home games. Maybe at least half. The new rule allowing multiple alternates to be worn at least 3 times in a season is a bit excessive, and when you throw in teams wearing white at home early on, we end up having teams that wear their standard home look only a couple of times per season in their home stadium, which is a bit ridiculous in my opinion.

For instance, in 2019, the Buffalo Bills wore their iconic blue on white look for just TWO of their 8 home games. Do we really need to see them in all white, all red, or all blue for 3/4 of their home games? Same goes for the Jets. Only two games in green over white last season at Met Life, but THREE in all black (which hasn't even been part of their color scheme), one in white, and two in all green.

Fans will still buy the alternate jerseys even if they are worn for less games. No need to shove them down our throats.

3 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

Personally would love to see the league implement a rule that teams must wear their standard home jersey for a reasonable portion of their home games. Maybe at least half. The new rule allowing multiple alternates to be worn at least 3 times in a season is a bit excessive, and when you throw in teams wearing white at home early on, we end up having teams that wear their standard home look only a couple of times per season in their home stadium, which is a bit ridiculous in my opinion.

For instance, in 2019, the Buffalo Bills wore their iconic blue on white look for just TWO of their 8 home games. Do we really need to see them in all white, all red, or all blue for 3/4 of their home games? Same goes for the Jets. Only two games in green over white last season at Met Life, but THREE in all black (which hasn't even been part of their color scheme), one in white, and two in all green.

Fans will still buy the alternate jerseys even if they are worn for less games. No need to shove them down our throats.

I feel like more teams need to utilize away alternates like the Seahawks. Currently I think nfl teams can have 2 alternate jerseys, and most of them are colored, so if they want to wear them, they have to wear them at home. However, we may be stuck with a bunch of grey away alternates so teams can wear more standard looks at home. Either way, the bills should have at least one throwback home game and one color rush (or red jersey white pants) home game per season, it only makes sense for the fans. 

3 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

Last year's Jaguars wore 8 different combos in 16 games.  It's beyond stupid.

spacer.png

That's pretty illuminating. If you had asked me what color the Jags' home jersey was, I would have said real. But apparently they don't actually have a home jersey.

How stupid.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

4 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

spacer.png

For as long as Jacksonville keeps these, they really need to stick to the second row as their primary home/away, with the first set from the third row as a change-of-pace alternate.  Wht do I say this? Because, as currently designed, keeping teal pants as primary home and away allows a supposed-to-be-prominent part of their color scheme to be prominently displayed.

The white pants need to go with this set, and if they absolutely MUST do all-black, they should keep it to a prime-time home game alternate...that's originally how their all-black sets started (but it didn't take long for the all-black to make it into the midday sun, either).

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

9 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Last year's Jaguars wore 8 different combos in 16 games.  It's beyond stupid.

spacer.png

The set worn in the preseason is perfect as can be ( imo, I like the black/white/black for the road) but the numbers need to be TEAL.

#DTWD #GoJaguars

I look at the Jaguars’ set and still can’t believe they chose black numbers for the white jersey. Teal numbers would improve that jersey significantly; of all the possible tweaks I can think of league-wide, that’s the one I think would make for the most dramatic improvement.

(Granted, the Jaguars should still be wearing the Brunell set today and forever in my honest opinion. But still...)

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

13 hours ago, Buc said:

For as long as Jacksonville keeps these, they really need to stick to the second row as their primary home/away, with the first set from the third row as a change-of-pace alternate.  Wht do I say this? Because, as currently designed, keeping teal pants as primary home and away allows a supposed-to-be-prominent part of their color scheme to be prominently displayed.

The white pants need to go with this set, and if they absolutely MUST do all-black, they should keep it to a prime-time home game alternate...that's originally how their all-black sets started (but it didn't take long for the all-black to make it into the midday sun, either).

And the Titans should do the same with the columbia blue pants.

1 hour ago, NFLfan10 said:

And the Titans should do the same with the columbia blue pants.

I actually agree with that... though I'd also just as soon see them burn that entire set with nuclear fire, because outside of their logo and [the shape of, but not the split-color of] their shoulder yokes, ain't a dang thang worth keeping with that set...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Upgrade: Browns, Bucs (no explanation needed)

Neutral: Colts

Downgrade: Falcons (this is a tough one- with white pants at home, I would consider changing this to neutral...never wear the gradient jerseys and it might be an upgrade), Patriots (thought about neutral but they can't even introduce a 2nd pant option?)

Future predictions: Chargers-upgrade  Rams-downgrade

So that would make 3 upgrades, one neutral change, and 3 downgrades.

It breaks even, which is pretty good for the NFL which is slowly becoming one of the worst looking leagues in the country.

Bucs and Browns are obvious upgrades

I think the Colts and Pats both made lateral changes, and unless the Chargers really impress me, I have a feeling they'll end up here too. 

Downgrades would be rams but honestly it could be worse. 

Falcons are their own category, went from bottom 10 in the league to bottom 3, round of applause for them. 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

Archived