FormerLurker

3 minutes ago, cheo25 said:

1. Chargers

2. Browns

3. Colts

4. Patriots

5. Bucs

6. Falcons 

Based on the logo, I suspect the Rams will slot in between the Bucs and the Falcons.

To each their own, but holy lord the Buccaneers that low?

1a. Buccaneers

Return to an absolute beauty with a modern update. No complaints with keeping the logos and word marks from the previous set

1b. Chargers

“The Best just got Better” is such a great branding slogan. Especially for LA. They hit it right on every level with the update.

3. Browns

Toned down the uniforms. Upgraded the look. I didn’t really have a big problem with the previous set, but in the end it’s a win for Cleveland.

4. Patriots

Rid themselves of a horrendous piped out early 2000s to the max uniform set that should’ve been gone once Nike took over in 2012. I’m fine with what they have now and if anything should be changed is somehow getting TV numbers and a second pair of pants.

5. Colts

Really just a tweak to an already classic uniform. Only thing I don’t like is the black swoosh, but it’s so insignificant I can give it a pass.

6. Falcons

Compared to the rest of the redesigns we’ve gotten, it’s a real shame. I like these a lot, but the others are so much better that it’s outright ridiculous that Atlanta chose to do what they did.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In terms of biggest upgrades, here's my list

1.Browns: Their original uniform was the worst of all the ones who've changed. I think the alt sucks but if it means we have the classic look back, I'll take it. 

2.Buccaneers: Personally, they have a top 10 look in the NFL again, they look better than the Browns, I don't hate the alternate either. But their second on this list because their original set was better than the Browns original set. 

3.Colts: Outside of the insertion of black, they perfected a perfect uniform, not a huge fan of the font either but I'll let it slide. Top 5 NFL uniform, no doubt. Only this low on the list because they only tweaked their uniform. 

4.Patriots: Maybe I'm in the minority on this but their previous uniform was a bottom 5 uniform in the league. They still aren't top 15 but it's a positive change, so there's that. Just get some silver pants. 

5.Chargers: Shouldn't of moved on from navy, but, since the powder still looks nice, and the removal of the paneling and the addition of the helmet numbers are improvements, I don't hate it, i think it's just a much more lateral change than what others are saying, their still a middle of the pack uniform.  The number font is a downgrade too.  

6.Falcons: It pains me to put this at six, it's the only true downgrade on the list, so much wrong with it, bottom 5, maybe even 3 uniform in the league. 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

6 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

What's stopping a current Redskins player from changing his number to 99 between now and the number 2 pick tomorrow?

The Redskins already have a 99 on their roster. DT Caleb Brantley. I’d imagine some type of monetary trade or Brantley getting cut would happen.

12 minutes ago, throwmesomepics said:

I heard the packers were supposed to get a new throwback jersey this year, but they scrapped the plans and are now waiting for the one helmet rule to be removed before they wear throwbacks again.

Source? The first part has already been reported.

It's where I sit.

1. Bucaneers and Browns - Two mistakes reversed but with the highlights from those dates (new logos, Brown facemask and custom fonts)

3. Colts: More of the lateral move but I do like the old!new numbers

4. Chargers: As stated in the LA thread, I much prefer the stripe bolts to naked bolts and I'm not a fan the yellow pants either. I also bet they'll have an alternate navy helmet when the bring those back. 

5. Patriots: Wish they had TV numbers and get them some silver pants. 

6. Falcons: Hot garbage. Number font's the only thing I like on this set. 

Since everyone else is doing it.

1. Chargers: A -- These are absolutely beautiful. The color scheme is beautiful and the way they fixed the shoulder bolts is very nice. The move away from the shoulder inserts is a push overall to me, both are nice looks when executed correctly. Ultimately not an A+ due to the multiple color rush jerseys, but honestly both of these are better than a lot of other ones.

2a. Browns: B -- Also absolutely beautiful, but a letter grade removed for simply being a return to an old look. Overall the primary jerseys are fantastic, they never should have moved away from the classic design. As someone who loves the brown road pants, this was an absolute home run. The color rush is stupid.

2b. Buccaneers: B -- Also absolutely beautiful, but a letter grade removed for simply being a return to an old look. Overall the primary jerseys are fantastic, they never should have moved away from the classic design. The color rush is stupid.

4. Colts: B- -- Such a minor tweak, I can't really grade it that high. Love the new number font. The new wordmark is fine, but not huge on the alternate logo. The black nike swoosh is stupid and concerning for the future.

5. Patriots: D- -- These suck. It appears there was no actual rhyme or reason to all the different elements of the uniform. A silver helmet and almost no silver on the rest of the uniform, combining eras haphazardly, all blue home uniform, a look that goes back to the worst era of the franchise rather than building an improved look on the greatest era of modern football.

6. Falcons: F -- Taking every bad trend they could think of and threw it on to one jersey. They had such an obvious and easy job and they blew it.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

2 minutes ago, FSUViking said:

Because that would be a completely petty, dick thing to do?

Pretty sure he’s talking about, let’s say a free agent who signs with Washington today, doesn’t see what Chase Young said, and picks 99. Pure coincidence.

Not a dick move. Plus, I’m pretty sure there’s a set date when players numbers are set(?). Does anybody have info on this?

If a yet-to-be-drafted player is already saying he's taking an existing player's number, then that says a lot about his character.  I wouldn't give it to him just out of principle, unless the team forced it.  The dude is a marginal player that hasn't made an impact, but he's still been on the roster for two seasons.  

I would have loved to hear what happened if he said that about the Eagles, where 99 is retired for Jerome Brown.  He'd be murdered.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

30 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Pretty sure he’s talking about, let’s say a free agent who signs with Washington today, doesn’t see what Chase Young said, and picks 99. Pure coincidence.

Not a dick move. Plus, I’m pretty sure there’s a set date when players numbers are set(?). Does anybody have info on this?

First day of the season

It's where I sit.

8 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

If a yet-to-be-drafted player is already saying he's taking an existing player's number, then that says a lot about his character.  I wouldn't give it to him just out of principle, unless the team forced it.  The dude is a marginal player that hasn't made an impact, but he's still been on the roster for two seasons.  

I would have loved to hear what happened if he said that about the Eagles, where 99 is retired for Jerome Brown.  He'd be murdered.

I’d like to imagine he would at least do some type of research on that front... or at least if he said that, someone could be say “Uh, that number is retired.” and I’d be willing to bet he’d be understanding of that.

Last season, Dwayne Haskins did his due diligence and contacted Joe Theismann to ask permission to use the “untouchable” #7.

1. Chargers - If I had to change anything I'd add the white background back to the bolt on the powder jersey. Also dump the royal blue color rush. But either way still an A+ design.

2. Bucs - the mono-pewter set sucks and I still think the helmet logo is too big, but another A+.

2b. Browns-  Need orange pants. And the mono plain brown sucks. But like the Bucs went back to something they should have never changed from.

4. Colts - their uniforms were already perfect and the new numbers don't really move the needle for me. I don't even really considered this a re-design. the black nike logo sucks.

----------

5. Patriots - WHERE ARE THE SILVER PANTS?!?!? Primary mono-navy keeps these from the first tier.

------------

6. Falcons - These are salvageable if they shrink the ATL, wear the correct combos and never wear the gradient ones. But none of that is happening so they're in Titans land.

And I fully expect the Rams to be #7. If they screw up the helmet horns it would be almost as bad as the Jaguars two-tone helmet.

1 hour ago, throwmesomepics said:

Right, that they are delaying the throwback. I didn't see anything there (or anywhere) indicating the Packers were delaying due to a potential change in the one helmet rule.

Did I miss something?

It's where I sit.

28 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Right, that they are delaying the throwback. I didn't see anything there (or anywhere) indicating the Packers were delaying due to a potential change in the one helmet rule.

Did I miss something?

You’re right, it’s not explicitly stated. But Paul Lucas suggests it in this tweet.

https://mobile.twitter.com/UniWatch/status/1247916020423184384?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fd-2373937224003086346.ampproject.net%2F2004172112280%2Fframe.html

I feel like it’s a reasonable speculation.

This is a genuine question in which I'd like to hear the answer:

How can someone rank the Patriots update below the Falcons update?

The Patriots are only a C at best. It is looking like they will have a monochrome home set and there is a another flaw or two but the Falcons set has so many gimmicks including the same monochrome problem. IMO, the Falcons worst offense (besides the gradient mess) is the large wordmark. The only redeeming quality that the new uniforms have is that there is no piping anymore. The Falcons are a D/D+ at the very best.

Archived