NFL 2020

FormerLurker

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Ark said:

Really easy choice for the Falcons is the early Michael Vick era, they should have never changed from this

6cdCfUH.jpg

For some reason, as a kid these uniforms had this kind of intimidation factor to it. Similar to the Raiders, it just had this gritty, tough, no-nonsense feel that really made it stand out to me. The logo would need serious improving (not the current logo; a better attempt than that thing), but I would love to see something like this come back.

If not that though, I’ll admit that for some reason in my studies of past uniforms for fun, I’ve grown more fond of the Falcons’ red heavy sets of the 80’s and if they ever go red helmet again, I’d prefer they go all out on red like they did back then:

spacer.png

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

4 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

The colour/design of stadium seating was brought up in the Padres thread (how could a team wearing brown play in a stadium with blue seats? Preposterous!) and I'll say here what I said then.

Stadium seats have no baring whatsoever on this stuff. It's usually trotted out as the last argument against a change and the fact is it's pretty much a non-factor. Besides, seats should be filled with fans on gameday, so who cares?

1340x1020.jpg

I think the Broncos have the same thing.  If the Eagles were to switch to kelly green, I don't think they would/should change the seats, but assuming the logo would be different, they'd need to replace at least those seats.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

13 minutes ago, Hat Boy said:

Michael Vick era?  Say what?

51285037.jpg

Not sure exactly when, but between they finally got the pants stripes right just before they got rid of that set.

They were especially bad during the Super Bowl season:

yxg6nxH.jpg

23 hours ago, Ark said:

Really easy choice for the Falcons is the early Michael Vick era, they should have never changed from this

6cdCfUH.jpg

Honestly, I do think a modernization of this could work. I LOVED the white jersey with red numbers and socks - among my favorite looks of all time. 1998-Atlanta-Falcons-Chris-Chandler-Jamal-Anderson-05908636.thumb.jpg.f2d3376e02c487967886240e31c5d7d5.jpg

Bring in a red alt, make the pant stripes narrower, maybe snazz up the jerseys a tiny bit. Boom. 

Yeah the pants stripes are the main problem with that set. They definitely improved them a bit by thinning them after the Super Bowl season, though.

I think this is just an illusion but the pants stripes look great here:

jwHhLgZ.jpg

22 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Sure, drop the gold, maybe go with a black mask... a few adjustments here and there, but the basic bones are all intact.

That's it. Add a red alt for a few games a week. White version with alt red and maybe black pants for variety. Stripes a must. 

16 minutes ago, FormerLurker said:

Lol how many times does Teal have to prove himself before you idiots stop doubting him?

He's not getting doubted much, it's how he conducts himself.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

18 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

Honestly, I do think a modernization of this could work. I LOVED the white jersey with red numbers and socks - among my favorite looks of all time. 1998-Atlanta-Falcons-Chris-Chandler-Jamal-Anderson-05908636.thumb.jpg.f2d3376e02c487967886240e31c5d7d5.jpg

Bring in a red alt, make the pant stripes narrower, maybe snazz up the jerseys a tiny bit. Boom. 

These would have been better with asymmetrical stripes - similar to what the Eagles do, and on Washington's white pants.  Black in front, thin white, red in the back.  Maybe don't even need the thin white.

Or, just go with thick black with a thin red behind it.  Red is really just a trim color for them (despite its prominence on the white jerseys and socks, which I agree works well) so it should be treated that way on the pants too.

This is my favorite Falcons look, and I'm bummed they stopped the black pants:

gettyimages-120971245.jpg

I'd like to see some incorporation of white over black for Atlanta. They looked great that way.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I don't think there's a great Falcons set anywhere along the line. The current set is...ugh, there was a name for bad mid-2000s NFL design that someone here coined and I never remember it, but it's that. They tried to look like the Raiders and it didn't work. The grey numbers on red weren't very good. The original set was about as good as it got and even that was so baldly an export of UGA's uniform that they had those desultory little gold stripes on the helmets to pat Georgia Tech fans on the head and tell them it was okay.

I could go for black pants with red or white socks but black over black is of course The Dreaded Tights Look that doesn't work for anyone but the Ravens.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived