NFL 2020

FormerLurker

2 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

I’m sure putting this event together has been a logistical nightmare. I respect all involved and think it’s been about as good as we could have hoped for.

Like I said, it's been a while since I actually watched the draft, all the fluff and b.s. is why I stopped/paid little attention to begin with.

I'm sure it's had it's share of bugs and issues. Everyone is pretty much winging it at this point

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"The Pick Is In" is to signify that the clock has moved on to the next team, the last pick was submitted. The clock never pauses, similar to a fantasy draft you may have with your friends in a fantasy league. Usually during this time is when the media outlets are notified about the pick so they can prepare their graphics and commentary. And during this time is usually when people try to leak the picks.

I imagine the everyone-online part is making it longer.

The draft is a lot of screen time that needs to be filled, they build hype and do a good job with it. I wish they showed more highlights but its been alright so far.

However I will agree, this Goodell hyping up pre-recorded fans and trying to be the "heel" (wrestling terms, aka bad guy) is super cringey.

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

13 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

We should probably start a “2020 Rookies & Free Agents in Team Uniforms” thread

New Chiefs Rookie RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire 

spacer.png

No name-shrink, his name is on the sleeves! Thatll look weird with pads

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

10 hours ago, flyersfan said:

However I will agree, this Goodell hyping up pre-recorded fans and trying to be the "heel" (wrestling terms, aka bad guy) is super cringey.

Goodell made me laugh last night as he was relaxed in his chair, even putting his feet up. If they had done the 4th round last night, pretty sure we would have seen him with whiskey in one hand, the card in the other, and a digital fireplace replacing the fans on the tv. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 minute ago, DNAsports said:

Granted it’s just a standard first round draft pick photoshop, but Tua looks right in #1

Not with that #1.  It's absolutely atrocious.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

My understanding he is going to wear 11 because he wore that as his number as a youth. I read an article that quoted him saying that but it was still speculation at this point. I love that number for QB's but not with the silly Dolphins font which is awful. However on the throwbacks that number would look great. 1 & 7 must be avoided in the new Dolphin font for it to be passable.

Predicting some number choices for Redskins Draft Picks and Undrafted Free Agent Signings:

Draft Picks

DE Chase Young - 99

OW Antonio Gibson - 24

WR Antonio Gandy-Golden 10

Undrafted Signings
TE Thaddeus Moss - 84

QB Steven Montez 12

WR Isaiah Wright 16

3 hours ago, hugevolsfan said:

My understanding he is going to wear 11 because he wore that as his number as a youth. I read an article that quoted him saying that but it was still speculation at this point. I love that number for QB's but not with the silly Dolphins font which is awful. However on the throwbacks that number would look great. 1 & 7 must be avoided in the new Dolphin font for it to be passable.

I doubt he takes 11 because Devante Parker is 11. He could obviously pay him for it, I just don’t see that happening, especially after hearing him talk about wanting to earn stripes

Archived