NFL 2020

FormerLurker

5 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

I could see them trying to mix it.  I guess Kyler Murray mentioned the state flags...I think those were always well liked.  I would not be surprised.

I'd guess a nod to the old white uniforms with the red one adapting to that (i.e., black trim on the red one).  A little more basic, but not like the old red one. Maybe just red/white jersey with black outline on the numbers and the AZ flag on the sleeve with the number on the shoulders? 

Unpopular opinion (?): I never liked the flag.  But I liked pretty much everything else about the early AZ Cards uniforms.

Off-the-wall prediction:

The Cardinals helmet will have a hand-painted Arizona Flag, much like University of Maryland does with the state flag 

spacer.png

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/18/2020 at 10:30 AM, Echo said:

I'm still a little disappointed that the striped white socks that were promised when they first unveiled the uniforms never materialized.

ft7bSVw.jpg

I hated rebook so much back when they did the NFL and NHL.  All they came up with was goofy uniforms for everyone they touched.  Angled stripes on the Bills was unnecessary, the 2009 49er rebrand was goofy, the collars where goofy just like the early toilet seat NIKE collars were also goofy.  Rebook had no business designing uniforms. All we need now is a fix for the Arizona Cardinals.  

1 minute ago, beachperroAZ said:

I hated rebook so much back when they did the NFL and NHL.  All they came up with was goofy uniforms for everyone they touched.  Angled stripes on the Bills was unnecessary, the 2009 49er rebrand was goofy, the collars where goofy just like the early toilet seat NIKE collars were also goofy.  Rebook had no business designing uniforms. All we need now is a fix for the Arizona Cardinals.  

As well as Cincinnati.  I think those are the only two holdovers the Reebok deal.

On 4/25/2020 at 11:43 PM, joey joe joe jr. shabadoo said:

Fwiw something may be afoot with the Cardinals as Kyler Murray has commented that he dislikes their outdated uniforms. 

spacer.png

Well Kyler, can I interest you in a slightly used simplistic yet modern design that i'm sure we will be dumping from  jacksonville after 2022?😂

#DTWD #GoJaguars

I wouldn't be opposed to something completely new. None of Arizona's previous looks look that great to me. I really like this idea that @mcrosby shared a few days ago. Not a fan of the copper gradient, but the maroon, sand, and copper is very fitting for an Arizona team. 

TtnymUD.png

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

3 minutes ago, Punchy_Gungus said:

I wouldn't be opposed to something completely new. None of Arizona's previous looks look that great to me. I really like this idea that @mcrosby shared a few days ago. Not a fan of the copper gradient, but the maroon, sand, and copper is very fitting for an Arizona team. 

TtnymUD.png

I never noticed it in the initial post, but I’ve always been a fan of numbers on the pants. Especially in baseball, and clearly it can be tastefully done on football pants as well.

7 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Y’know... How has Arizona gone this long without doing a throwback? It’s been so easy for them to do it considering they’ve always had a white helmet, much like Miami, but yet they haven’t touched their pre-2005 uniforms

The odd thing is that it WAS in the style guide until 2013 I believe.  IF it wasn't the uniforms themselves, then it was definitely the helmets.  

@TruColor, any idea if this was true or not?

I'm gonna say it.

I much prefer the busy uniforms of the 2000s, with piping, side panels, yokes, and all, over a lot of the "too simple" uniforms. I'd rather there be too much than not enough, like the current Jaguars.

image-2023-06-05-005249976.png

3 minutes ago, Punchy_Gungus said:

TtnymUD.png

I was just on my way over to this thread to sing the praises of @mcrosby's Arizona Cardinals concept.

As I said over in the Concepts section, I think this retooling of the Cardinals' brand is absolutely phenomenal.

The makeover checks all the boxes. It retains the team nickname that has adorned the franchise for 99 of its 100 seasons in the NFL, while adopting a species of its namesake mascot that fits the market which the team has called home for the last 32 years. It dares to be bold, yet manages to feel timeless. Perhaps most impressive to me - someone who normally looks askance at the necessity of alternate uniforms - it includes a third set that is so striking and perfect for the market, I would buy the jersey in an instant.      

To my mind, this is - hands down - the best Arizona Cardinals concept I've ever seen.   

I loved this set. The red shirt would need a little something, but the helmet, pant stripe, and color balance are all A+ to me:

OIP.LqteuL5-M-ZmAKwPGL7kmgHaE6?pid=Api&r

OIP.sH8i22pRsOHH0Nqjd9oHLQHaJQ?pid=Api&r

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

30 minutes ago, Punchy_Gungus said:

TtnymUD.png

Personally I think it looks awful, the craftsmanship is great but the gradients, use of grey and copper, the super busy alternate, none of it works for the Cardinals. Recolor the logo to what it is now and I think it's a phenomenal update but the uniforms are a hard pass for me. 

The Cardinals need to bring back the St. Louis set, the 70s Cardinals in particular. That's a gorgeous uniform that's could be updated beautifully.

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

What the Cardinals need to do is use this throwback design posted by jimmynutini.com (not sure of his CCSLC username):

spacer.png

Use the updated Cardinal bird of course. Keep the gray facemask. Have white socks with matching the stripes. For the red jersey, use a similar stripe scheme, no flag, and have a black outline for the white numbers. 

No need to change the Cardinal logo, especially not to the gray "Desert Cardinal". 

43 minutes ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

Personally I think it looks awful, the craftsmanship is great but the gradients, use of grey and copper, the super busy alternate, none of it works for the Cardinals. Recolor the logo to what it is now and I think it's a phenomenal update but the uniforms are a hard pass for me. 

The Cardinals need to bring back the St. Louis set, the 70s Cardinals in particular. That's a gorgeous uniform that's could be updated beautifully.

I'm interpreting it as a way to represent metallic copper, not a gradient.  I dig it and Pyrrhuloxia.

1 hour ago, tohasbo said:

The odd thing is that it WAS in the style guide until 2013 I believe.  IF it wasn't the uniforms themselves, then it was definitely the helmets.  

@TruColor, any idea if this was true or not?

I see it in a 2009 one I have for them, but it wasnt in the 2012, so maybe went away with the Nike switchover?

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

Nah, if you want to change the color scheme, just add the gray of Cardinalis sinuatus, the desert cardinal.

wrMAsS9.png

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

30 minutes ago, Survival79 said:

wrMAsS9.png

I like the middle one best, but as appealing as a gray cardinal sounds...it doesn’t beat the contrast of a red cardinal on a white helmet. 

Keep the gray mask. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived