NFL 2020

FormerLurker

22 hours ago, Jojopeligreeno said:

Any truth to rumors of Cardinals changing uniforms for next year? When the face of the franchise goes on record to say he doesn’t like the uniforms and they are dated I would say that might be something to keep an eye on .

I hate the Cardinals uniforms too, but this is pretty silly.

The average tenure of a Cardinals starting quarterback is what, two years tops?  If the team changed its uniforms every time a quarterback didn't like them, they'd be in a constant state of clearance sales and unveilings. :D 

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

I hate the Cardinals uniforms too, but this is pretty silly.

The average tenure of a Cardinals starting quarterback is what, two years tops?  If the team changed its uniforms every time a quarterback didn't like them, they'd be in a constant state of clearance sales and unveilings. :D 

Yup. Outside of Larry Fitzgerald, the only other football Cardinal most non-fans know is Pat Tillman or (maybe) Kurt Warner. Heck, when the Cardinals do redesign, I kind of expect them to follow in Arizona State's example of deifying Pat Tillman. 

8721mh2266_tillman1.jpg?w=1000&f=1&nofb=1

Using the home or road jersey from his tenure as a throwback to "honor" him or going for a camo design. Heck, I'm sure the copy writers will invoke Tillman throughout the uniform press release! If it works for ASU, then it must work for the Cardinals, right?

Apparently the Duval chant started in the mid nineties by black youth in Jacksonville as a pride thing and then was ultimately popularized by a local radio DJ:

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

19 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

Yup. Outside of Larry Fitzgerald, the only other football Cardinal most non-fans know is Pat Tillman or (maybe) Kurt Warner. Heck, when the Cardinals do redesign, I kind of expect them to follow in Arizona State's example of deifying Pat Tillman. 

Using the home or road jersey from his tenure as a throwback to "honor" him or going for a camo design. Heck, I'm sure the copy writers will invoke Tillman throughout the uniform press release! If it works for ASU, then it must work for the Cardinals, right?

I’m not so sure Tillman would have wanted that,  guess leave it up to his wife if they want to do that.

2 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

LOL so their cheer is their county name?  Like if the Steelers signed every Tweet with "Allegheny!!!" 

I lived in JAX from 1995-1998 (was their for the Jags Inaugural season). It's basically just that, a pride thing. I was in middle & high school when I lived there and vividly remember listening to the various radio stations from pop music to hip-hop and lots of people would call in and rep their area of town, high school and Jax in general. So not surprised that, "DUUUVAL" would become the Jags rally chant.

Little known fact, not only is Jacksonville the largest city in the NFL, it is the largest city in the continental United States with over 840 square miles (Duval county is 918 square miles - JAX pretty much encompasses the entire county).

I mean as fan chants go, you honestly cant say that "DUUUVAL" is that more cheesier than the traditional "Fly Eagles Fly" cheese fest or "Bear Down, Chicago Bears". Its all the same to me, fandom. 

alkaline-trio_logo-with-heart.jpg

2 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

If they wanted to do that, I think they would have done it already. Nothing is really restricting them, especially not the one-helmet rule. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The Rams have planned for a while to have a split release of their rebrand — colors and logos, and then uniforms. But the longer it takes for the unis, the more Rams fans are wondering if the team is altering the uniforms based on the negative public reaction to the logos.

I assume last-minute changes wouldn't be that easy for the Rams or any team because of the NFL's involvement. I'm thinking that once the NFL approves a new uniform, then the team can choose when to release it publicly, but they can't change it much from what the NFL approved. Paul Lukas said there's likely such a cutoff, but he doesn't know how long the time period is. For example, in a Uni-Watch blog this week, Lukas noted the Patriots new uniforms are different than what was on a proof six months ago.

Does anybody know details about such a cutoff for NFL teams changing uniforms?

4 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Am I the only one who doesn't know what a duuuval is?

DUUUUVAL is something that has been around for years in the urban community but didn't start making to the team general popularly until the mid 00's and later in the mid 10's after it was rejuvenated by the Bold City Brigade (BCB) - an local independent, grassroots supporters of jaguars organization. It became a bit of an us against the world rallying cry.  Jaguars being the only major league franchise in the north florida area, being a longshot in getting the club in the first place, untrue rumors, always being told we shouldn't have the team and folks assuming hearsay to be facts about the area/city/franchise based on the national media perception.

That being said, I never wanna see DUUUUUval on the outside of the jersey.

#DTWD #GoJaguars

2 hours ago, Maroon&Gold said:

Jacksonville annexed the Duval county government in the 60s. That's the only reason it is the largest city in florida by land. It didn't want suburbs to drain its taxes or something like that

It's the county in which Jacksonville, Jacksonville Beach, Neptune Beach, Atlantic Beach (FL) & Baldwin ( old rail community ) reside.

The other 4 communities are the ones that chose not to join in the Consolidation of 68.

Much of the city’s tax base was dissipated, leading to problems with funding education ( accreditation), general maintenance, sanitation, and traffic issues within the city limits.because suburbia  with new developments took so many outside of the city limits ( I.E.bridges being built to new areas of the county. )  But residents had difficulty in the new unincorporated suburbs obtaining basic municipal services such as sewage, waste disposal and building code enforcement.

#DTWD #GoJaguars

Archived