NFL 2020

FormerLurker

4 minutes ago, the admiral said:

I don't think there's a great Falcons set anywhere along the line. The current set is...ugh, there was a name for bad mid-2000s NFL design that someone here coined and I never remember it, but it's that. They tried to look like the Raiders and it didn't work. The grey numbers on red weren't very good. The original set was about as good as it got and even that was so baldly an export of UGA's uniform that they had those desultory little gold stripes on the helmets to pat Georgia Tech fans on the head and tell them it was okay.

I could go for black pants with red or white socks but black over black is of course The Dreaded Tights Look that doesn't work for anyone but the Ravens.

Really? I think that every falcons set up until the current one is the best uniform in football. They really had the perfect look for decades.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With all the discussion going on, I made a quick concept for the Falcons. I'd love to hear you guys' thoughts on it.

Not 100% if i'm supposed to drop concepts in the middle of a thread, I'm not trying to threadjack, just had an idea I wanted to share. I can take it down if needed. 

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

Just now, Punchy_Gungus said:

With all the discussion going on, I made a quick concept for the Falcons. I'd love to hear you guys' thoughts on it.

Not 100% if i'm supposed to drop concepts in the middle of a thread, I'm not trying to threadjack, just had an idea I wanted to share. I can take it down if needed. 

Yeah, I think something like that would be nice, though I think you have one set of pants too many.

A simple look with the current logo that maintains the option for a white shirt over black pants (and a red shirt in any combo) is fine by me.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

7 minutes ago, Punchy_Gungus said:

You aren’t suppose to but it looks fine, I prefer the current logo though.

Never got why concepts as natural outgrowths of discussion would be discouraged. If everyone's brainstorming, what's wrong with drawing something up and throwing it in there?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

11 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Never got why concepts as natural outgrowths of discussion would be discouraged. If everyone's brainstorming, what's wrong with drawing something up and throwing it in there?

My gripe against it is that this thread is purportedly about 2020 changes. A concept isn't a 2020 change, unless the poster is the designer of the new uni.

I've given up on this battle, though.

It's where I sit.

Have there been any other rumors or confirmation that the Falcons are actually changing? I’m an Atlanta fan who has been desperate for a change for the last 16 years. So far, this snippet from Teal is all I’ve seen.

I would be surprised to see an overhaul of the logo. I’d have expected that to accompany the opening of the new stadium, but we’re a few years past that now. Much of the stadium uses digital displays so it wouldn’t be too much of a cost to change things.

This is a concept I did a few years ago (hence the inaugural season logo for the stadium on the home set). This is the kind of color balance I’d hope for, as well as the blend of classic with modern touches (like the Vikings). I’m tired of the arena football look. You could interchange some of the pieces but still look traditional.

spacer.png

7 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

The 2003-present Falcons set just makes me think of dogfighting and 28-3. No thanks.

You must have a soft conscience

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

Archived