Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Also, who comes up with their space-age fabrics that are 0.0000005% lighter than the next guy's?

 

58dabafbce3e5.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find it pretty amazing that the Raiders are playing every team that has a new uniform this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

 

I know that's true to an extent, but aren't they paying kids in 3rd-world countries pennies to make things?  Or is it their "partners" that are doing that?

 

Nike needs to do some of the manufacturing, otherwise why would "Nike can't do shiny" be a thing?  Also, who comes up with their space-age fabrics that are 0.0000005% lighter than the next guy's?

 

Nike has their own R&D to prototype and there are usually very closely integrated relationships with raw material/component suppliers where development is essentially done in tandem. A very analogous example would be apple where they work hand in hand with intel to develop their chips, do the r&d and design inhouse for the product then outsource the mass production to foxconn and other partners. Where apple is differing is that they are taking some of this sourcing in house in order to obtain a competitive advantage with technology or control the supply.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, heavybass said:


Well this is going to make the first four weeks interesting....

EDIT: Chiefs might play Falcons first week, Patriots might play 49ers first week.

 

Well this info didn’t age well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

I find it pretty amazing that the Raiders are playing every team that has a new uniform this year.

 

Also amazing. Teams in new uniforms that will be playing each other.

 

- Buccaneers and Falcons

- Colts and Browns

- Patriots and Chargers

- Chargers and Buccaneers

- Falcons and Chargers

- Patriots and Rams

- Rams and Buccaneers

- Rams and Chargers

- Buccaneers and Browns

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

I find it pretty amazing that the Raiders are playing every team that has a new uniform this year.

That's an interesting quirk in the schedule. Speaking of the Raiders, am I the only one who thinks their throwback jersey should be their full time away jersey? It is so unique to the Raiders and I love the silver numbers with black trim, they look amazing in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

That's an interesting quirk in the schedule. Speaking of the Raiders, am I the only one who thinks their throwback jersey should be their full time away jersey? It is so unique to the Raiders and I love the silver numbers with black trim, they look amazing in my opinion.

 

You're not wrong.  These are gorgeous.

 

d19u3anyr5ol1gba48q3

 

I especially loved the 2009 versions, with really thick black outline.

 

ecct0915raiders09.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going by the Bucs schedule, amd since I'm pretty sure they will weare the alts at night they likely will wear the pewter alts in Week 9 vs New Orleans and Week 11 vs the Rams.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

I especially loved the 2009 versions, with really thick black outline.

 

 

ecct0915raiders09.jpg

Lol, even Janikowski makes that jersey looks good

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Krz said:

Lol, even Janikowski makes that jersey looks good

The vertical lines were assigned to him to make him slimmer 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

 

You're not wrong.  These are gorgeous.

 

d19u3anyr5ol1gba48q3

 

I especially loved the 2009 versions, with really thick black outline.

 

ecct0915raiders09.jpg

Agreed. Those are incredible. Saints all whites with gold numerals is 1A and this is 1B.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

 

You're not wrong.  These are gorgeous.

 

d19u3anyr5ol1gba48q3

This will sound incredibly blasphemous, but if these became the primary away, I wouldn’t mind a silver jersey with black numbers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The silver numbers on white are okay as a once-in-a-while alternate, but I’ve always thought it made that uniform combo a bit too silver-heavy without enough black offset it. The black numbers on white strike a perfect color balance for me across the uniform as a whole (and also just look more intimidating, which is something the Raiders should always evoke), and I strongly prefer that to be the primary road option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

This will sound incredibly blasphemous, but if these became the primary away, I wouldn’t mind a silver jersey with black numbers

What color pants would you like with that? I don't hate the idea of this jersey, but I'm not sure what pants would work with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't hate the idea of a silver jersey, but the Patriots' experiment indicates it probably wouldn't look very good in practice.  Especially with Nike's must-be-matte fabric limitations.

 

pats-silver.jpg

 

And it would likely be paired with black pants, which would be awful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

What color pants would you like with that? I don't hate the idea of this jersey, but I'm not sure what pants would work with it.

Silver pants.

spacer.png

Colorado is a pretty good example of how this could work. The uniform is obviously more grey than it is silver, but I think it gets the point across of how it could work. Ideally, an all silver/grey Raiders set would have to be paired with black socks and even swap in a black facemask (which should’ve been a permanent change with their move to Las Vegas, but that’s a different discussion).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Silver pants.

spacer.png

Colorado is a pretty good example of how this could work. The uniform is obviously more grey than it is silver, but I think it gets the point across of how it could work. Ideally, an all silver/grey Raiders set would have to be paired with black socks and even swap in a black facemask (which should’ve been a permanent change with their move to Las Vegas, but that’s a different discussion).

So NOT their current pants, correct? You are really hoping for silver and not gray.

 

I'm trying to grasp it and I can't.  No arguments about the black mask - that would work for the Raiders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

So NOT their current pants, correct? You are really hoping for silver and not gray.

 

I'm trying to grasp it and I can't.  No arguments about the black mask - that would work for the Raiders.

Yeah I think if they were to ever do a silver/grey jersey, they’d almost have to pull a Buccaneers with two different pants that are the same color.

 

Its weird because the current pants are still the dazzle fabric, correct? Or am i just imagining that and they went completely flat silver? If it still is dazzle, then the silver/grey jersey wouldn’t work with those.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DNAsports said:

This will sound incredibly blasphemous, but if these became the primary away, I wouldn’t mind a silver jersey with black numbers


So something like this?

Nv4YVMu.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.