2 hours ago, msubulldog said:

Falcons or Saints?

Falcons... I thought I wrote that, but I see that I didn't lol

See, I really like the dolphins current look. The helmet is great, the logo is modern and sleek but still very memorable, the colors are unique and pop, they scream Miami. The font is different and has some character to it, related to the team, and not ridiculous. 

i was meh on it before they tweaked the colors and simplified outlines and such, but now i think it is in the better half of the league.

i get they have history and success in the throwbacks, but so do a lot of teams that have different uniforms than they did then.

1 hour ago, flyersfan said:

See, I really like the dolphins current look. The helmet is great, the logo is modern and sleek but still very memorable, the colors are unique and pop, they scream Miami. The font is different and has some character to it, related to the team, and not ridiculous. 

i was meh on it before they tweaked the colors and simplified outlines and such, but now i think it is in the better half of the league.

i get they have history and success in the throwbacks, but so do a lot of teams that have different uniforms than they did then.

100% agree! I love the throw backs, but I’m fine keeping them as throw backs and these as full time. I’d even like an orange color rush(white pants) jerseys. Imo that would be perfect set.

home

away

Color rush orange 

throwback home

throwback away 

I actually don't mind the Dolphins current set, I actually love the current aqua shade, and it improved dramatically once they dropped the blue color (Now are the throwbacks better? Of course they are), but that logo...it's just so bad. Toothpaste/Resort/Cruise Line/Belly Flop, whatever you want to call it. They really need to go back to the helmet wearing Dolphin. Clean up the classic like the Vikings did, or modify the 90s to fit the newer shades, but just get rid of that soulless logo and bring back one with charm.

The Dolphins current look would be in the “not the best, but passable” category if not for that absolutely god awful logo they’re using. I don’t even mind so much modernizing the logo a bit. The helmet wearing dolphin is something I really love, but I can understand how people would see it as a bit campy. But what they replaced it with is garbage. The position of the Dolphins tail makes absolutely zero sense when combined with the sun outline and looks terrible on the helmets. If they even just changed the position on the tail to better match the old logo, it would be a HUGE improvement. 

12 minutes ago, FiddySicks said:

The Dolphins current look would be in the “not the best, but passable” category if not for that absolutely god awful logo they’re using. I don’t even mind so much modernizing the logo a bit. The helmet wearing dolphin is something I really love, but I can understand how people would see it as a bit campy. But what they replaced it with is garbage. The position of the Dolphins tail makes absolutely zero sense when combined with the sun outline and looks terrible on the helmets. If they even just changed the position on the tail to better match the old logo, it would be a HUGE improvement. 

I still don't understand how anyone thinks this, the dolphins logo is great and the uniform set is top 10 in the league. I don't have really any complaints with their current set 

It's hard to believe that it's been seven years since that rebrand. I never really liked the new logo, but the uniforms grew on me over time. I'm honestly just happy they didn't follow in the footsteps of the Buccaneers (2014), and Browns (2015), and Titans.

1 hour ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

I still don't understand how anyone thinks this, the dolphins logo is great and the uniform set is top 10 in the league. I don't have really any complaints with their current set 

Same. My ONLY issue with the Dolphins set is the Dolphins wordmark. Logo is fine

5 hours ago, FiddySicks said:

5 hours ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

It’s a bit rough (I’m working in MS Paint) but I’ve tried using the shape of the 90’s logo while cleaning up the dolphin and giving it the features of the current logo:

92IQPP1.png

As much as I love the current logo, I would be more than happy with something like this as an alternative, as well.

Dolphins keep wearing far superior home and away throwbacks, which doesn’t help the current set at all. The greatest moment in recent franchise history occurred wearing said throwback against a division rival.

I’ve never liked the current Dolphins set. They’re not bad by itself, but a downgrade when you compare it to the past. There are certain logos that don’t need to be realistic and the Dolphin is one of them. 

I really do think the Dolphins are a logo tweak away from being a phenomenal look. Everything else about the uniforms is wonderful and doesn’t need to be touched. Including the number font.

1 hour ago, DNAsports said:

I really do think the Dolphins are a logo tweak away from being a phenomenal look. Everything else about the uniforms is wonderful and doesn’t need to be touched. Including the number font.

The Dolphins uniforms are solid, but nothing compared to these:

1070668234-850x560.jpeg

13 hours ago, FiddySicks said:

Yeah, I think it’s really unfortunate that some pretty good uniforms are paired with that logo. I’ll never unsee the dolphin belly flopping, which 1) only lends more to the Dolphins’ persona as a bad team, and 2) is far more sillier in my eyes than a dolphin wearing a helmet, and it’s not even close.

And before someone posts a picture of a real dolphin in a similar position, I’m aware that yes, they do make that pose sometimes. The point isn’t whether or not it’s something a dolphin even does, the point is that it’s a clumsier looking position in comparison to the other positions you can depict a dolphin in. They’re one of the most graceful species on the planet; people go out of thier way and travel to see these things jump. Why design a dolphin logo that looks like a FailArmy sensation when you have SO much better to work with? At what point during the look at a mood board did the designers go “that one. The one with the haphazard looking re-entry. THAT captures the winning spirit of the Miami Dolphins”? That’s my problem with it.

23 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Is the color of the pants ACTUALLY silver-green, or does it just look that way on the field?

It's a separate specified color on their logo sheet, and they do refer to it simply as silver-green:

spacer.png

As a Dolphins fan, I don't mind the current uniforms. I didn't like the previous iteration when they switched in 2013...I thought that orange was too de-emphasized and the dark blue was garish at best. That they got rid of dark blue entirely on the uniforms and made orange again was a definite upgrade. 

My all-time favorite ones are probably the early 80s ones, but I have a soft spot for the mid-90s ones too, especially around 1994-1996. I do think though, that the throwbacks are one of, if not the, top uniforms in the league...but I'm fairly biased. 

Nostalgia is a factor, but it seems almost every NFL teams' best uniforms are from the 70s-80s. It really is useless to keep saying which teams should "just go with their throwback, and they're all set". The Falcons, Dolphins, Jags, Jets, Patriots, Seahawks...and a slew of others had their best look in the past. But, as their new looks become normal, and people see them for what they are, we can appreciate them better. Take the Falcons for example; they'll look really sharp and clean on the field. A photoshoot, and pictures in a dark room won't do them justice.

I think the current Dolphins unis are a strong upgrade over the 1997-2012 set, but I really love the sleeve stripes on the throwbacks. I'm happy enough with the current arrangement of effectively having 2 good uniform sets. 

I don't hate the logo but I think it's a bit of a missed opportunity to have something stronger. It fits Miami as a city though. 

I understand people's dislike of the current Miami logo, but I'm really ok with it.  I think the only change needed for the current look is sleeve stripes instead of the logo. Add stripes matching the current helmet and pants stripes and this is a good, solid set. And striped socks to be work with the aqua pants.

I will never understand the love for those Dolphins throwbacks.

- The logo looks shriveled up

- Three completely different striping patterns all used at once

- Gray facemasks for a team whose color scheme doesn't include gray or silver

- The teal looks dingy and bland compared to the vibrant shade of teal they use on their main set

Their normal uniforms look so much nicer by comparison.