NFL 2020

FormerLurker

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Cam Newton and Derrick Rose won the MVP Award in their respective sports. 

They have every right to be cocky. 

Speaking of NFL 2020 Changesspacer.png

25 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

There’s a fine line between cocky & humble 

No there's not... there's a pretty wide gap.

It's great if people cheer for guys that are humble, but why does he have to be?  Honestly, if I was a pro athlete who has been getting jerked off since I was a HS player and then awarded $100M and told I was the best, I'd probably feel pretty great about myself too.

I think he's a dick because of how he handled the super bowl post-game presser, and I don't think he's much of a leader, but I don't blame him for being full of himself.  Reeks of jealousy to me.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 hours ago, Olmec said:

#1 is a weird one. For me, when I see it on likeable players like Moon, Luongo, and Mugsy, I don't even acknowledge it. But on a player like Cam Newton, it draws attention in the wrong way... cockiness. spacer.png

Wearing it is not the problem.  The problem is what you DO while wearing it.  A guy can wear the number and simply sit on the bench.

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

Except that #1 is the traditional goalkeeper number.  The original goalkeeper number.  Like from when numbers were first introduced.

Fair enough.  Still looks out of place, IMHO.

#1 should be reserved for kickers, mascots, and 1st round draft pick photos.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

7 hours ago, CherryMX said:

Any quarterback that wears #1 is an instant chode, IMHO.

I've personally always thought No. 1 should be reserved for the best player on the team, if he so chooses. Doesn't matter what position, either. Granted, that might change across sports (a lot of players want to be No. 23 in basketball, for obvious reasons) or if a high school or college has had a string of successful players in another number and want to use it as a tradition of sorts.

2 hours ago, DNAsports said:

There’s a fine line between cocky & humble 

Actually, they couldn't be farther apart. They are polar opposites. Cocky is on the "selfish" end of the spectrum, aswear humble is on the "selfless" end. Not saying someone may not have a right to be cocky, but it is nowhere near being humble.

Curious as to how this might affect the aesthetic on Sundays --

NFL engineers and sports equipment company Oakley are testing prototypes of modified facemasks that may contain surgical or N95 material, the NFLPA's medical director said Monday.

Mayer said he wasn't sure exactly how the modifications would look, but he acknowledged that it is realistic to think that the new designs could cover a player's entire facemask, and that the engineers were working on all such a design might entail.

""They've got some prototypes; they're doing really good work," he said. "Some of them, when you first look at them, you think, 'Gosh, no' -- 'cause you're not used to seeing it; you're just not used to seeing it. But they're looking at every issue you can imagine, including when it fogs up. What do we do with that? But these guys are used to dealing with this stuff."

--

So it sounds like it would be wrapped around the entire facemask. Coming from Oakley, I'm thinking visors would be mandatory and this facemask-mask will be somehow attached to the visor. 

It had me wondering if they could they get away with wearing a version of these instead of something draped across the actual facemask.

154495.jpg

But if the material is anything like the N95 masks, I'd imagine that wouldn't make much sense for these guys. Oxygen is a little important to them being able to perform at this level. 

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. Surely they will put something together that they can fully breathe out of. Maybe just extend the visor down?

82783_10000__52762.1412702470.jpg?c=2&im

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

It blows my mind that people would do crossovers but not make the effort to change the ball to a football.  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

13 hours ago, AndrewMLind said:

I've personally always thought No. 1 should be reserved for the best player on the team, if he so chooses. Doesn't matter what position, either. Granted, that might change across sports (a lot of players want to be No. 23 in basketball, for obvious reasons) or if a high school or college has had a string of successful players in another number and want to use it as a tradition of sorts.

Like USC football and number 55.

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

8 hours ago, DEAD! said:

The thing about wearing '1' is that it makes a jersey look incomplete. Depending on the font, it may look like there is an unwanted stripe on the jersey

If that's the case, the font is the problem. 

It's where I sit.

8 hours ago, DEAD! said:

The thing about wearing '1' is that it makes a jersey look incomplete. Depending on the font, it may look like there is an unwanted stripe on the jersey

I don’t think I’ve ever looked at a #1 jersey and said “that looks like a stripe”. 

10 hours ago, j'villejags said:

Curious as to how this might affect the aesthetic on Sundays --

NFL engineers and sports equipment company Oakley are testing prototypes of modified facemasks that may contain surgical or N95 material, the NFLPA's medical director said Monday.

Mayer said he wasn't sure exactly how the modifications would look, but he acknowledged that it is realistic to think that the new designs could cover a player's entire facemask, and that the engineers were working on all such a design might entail.

""They've got some prototypes; they're doing really good work," he said. "Some of them, when you first look at them, you think, 'Gosh, no' -- 'cause you're not used to seeing it; you're just not used to seeing it. But they're looking at every issue you can imagine, including when it fogs up. What do we do with that? But these guys are used to dealing with this stuff."

--

So it sounds like it would be wrapped around the entire facemask. Coming from Oakley, I'm thinking visors would be mandatory and this facemask-mask will be somehow attached to the visor. 

It had me wondering if they could they get away with wearing a version of these instead of something draped across the actual facemask.

154495.jpg

But if the material is anything like the N95 masks, I'd imagine that wouldn't make much sense for these guys. Oxygen is a little important to them being able to perform at this level. 

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. Surely they will put something together that they can fully breathe out of. Maybe just extend the visor down?

82783_10000__52762.1412702470.jpg?c=2&im

s-l400.jpg

So these uniforms may come in handy after all ....

15 hours ago, CherryMX said:

Fair enough.  Still looks out of place, IMHO.

#1 should be reserved for kickers, mascots, and 1st round draft pick photos.

Mascots should always wear 0. I think it looks right on them and not players.

Guys are seriously coming at Cams leadership skills? Isn’t he the same guy who voluntarily flies out every skill guy down to the practice squad fillers for offseason workouts for two whole weeks on his dime? He also didn’t cry to the media once when the Panthers overreached for Will Grier? Also, he’s never cursed out refs or thrown his teammates and coaches under the bus like some of the other “leaders” in the league. 

Archived