Jump to content

NFL 2020


FormerLurker
 Share

Recommended Posts

43 minutes ago, Tracy MidGrady said:

You know what people really mean, but that's not a conversation for this board

 

30 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

Yeah, the boards are pretty white. A black QB has never sat well with some folks here.

 

Conversation like this will not be tolerated, please keep the conversation on topic.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

Yeah, the boards are pretty white. A black QB has never sat well with some folks here.

 

That's going way over the line. I've been here for 15 years. Not once have I seen anything that even remotely supports that statement. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

 

That's going way over the line. I've been here for 15 years. Not once have I seen anything that even remotely supports that statement. 


Yeah, my mistake. But whenever I see people calling the most successful black QB of recent times “cocky” or going on about how his “leadership skills” are weak (despite evidence to the contrary), I felt it appropriate to call to mind potential biases. Clearly, I was wrong.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:


Yeah, my mistake. But whenever I see people calling the most successful black QB of recent times “cocky” or going on about how his “leadership skills” are weak (despite evidence to the contrary), I felt it appropriate to call to mind potential biases. Clearly, I was wrong.

 

Calling out the entire community is not only wrong, it's offensive. "Potential biases?" You decided the potential was there for the entire community to have a mindset from 1974 and just went with it? How is that appropriate? This is a good time to trot out a CCSLC classic. Think before you post. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

 

Calling out the entire community is not only wrong, it's offensive. "Potential biases?" You decided the potential was there and just went with it? How is that appropriate? This is a good time to trot out a CCSLC classic. Think before you post. 

 

Yes, I was wrong. I apologize. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Back on the #1 dilemma...

 

Cam definitely made it a lot more mainstream. Dude embraced it and owned it after Clausen wouldn’t give up #2 because he was bitter towards Cam for the team drafting a QB after only an year. Since then we’ve had guys who look up to Cam rock it like Tua in Miami, Jalen hurts in Oklahoma, Kyler in Arizona, Justin Fields at Ohio State, and there’s a few other examples but those are the big four I know are huge Cam fans.

 

It’s a breath of fresh air to see obscure numbers worn. I love the WRs who rock #19, #15, #16 and TEs and LBs who wear #40s. Give me all the ugly numbers!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dallas Cowboys To Wear Uniform Patch To Commemorate 60th Anniversary

July 17, 2020 - 21:46 PM

The Dallas Cowboys are celebrating their 60th anniversary this year and will wear a special uniform patch this season to mark the occasion. Though the team has yet to announce the addition of the patch, rookie cornerback Trevon Diggs gave us a sneak peek during a recent photoshoot. The patch –

Read More...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Pro teams routinely promote any anniversary that ends in 0 or 5.

How many of the Original AFL squads will be promoting their 60th year with a patch? I think I recall an announcement about the Raiders, though that could have been due to the move to Las Vegas.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

How many of the Original AFL squads will be promoting their 60th year with a patch? I think I recall an announcement about the Raiders, though that could have been due to the move to Las Vegas.

 

The Broncos had a 60th logo last season, but never made it to their jersey.

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRmv_7DBaiH-nqnz9nsIJl

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

How many of the Original AFL squads will be promoting their 60th year with a patch? I think I recall an announcement about the Raiders, though that could have been due to the move to Las Vegas.

The Chiefs changed their field last year for a few games and added a patch on the back of the helmet. 

fhber64sx2b9v4rhv0gl

Bills as well

Billslogo-1260x800.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

NFL Plans To Allow Social Justice Decals On Helmets

July 21, 2020 - 23:32 PM

As first reported on Tuesday morning by Michael McCarthy of Front Office Sports, the NFL plans to allow players to wear helmet decals that bear the name or initials of victims of police brutality and systemic racism during the 2020 season. League commissioner Roger Goodell has been working with the

Read More...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Random question but was last year the most they have ever worn Navy in a season "home and away" since they started wearing white at home in 1964? 9 times in one year is a lot for them the most I can ever remember in the past was around 4 or 5 maximum when the Eagles and Skins would force their hands coupled with early season hot away games.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • LMU unlocked this topic
  • TBGKon locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.