NFL 2020

FormerLurker

Green Bay Packers To Wear Helmet Decal In Honor Of Late Defensive End Willie Davis

July 24, 2020 - 19:09 PM

On the eve of what would have been his 86th birthday, the Green Bay Packers announced during Thursday’s virtual shareholders meeting they’ll wear a helmet decal this season in honor of Hall of Fame defensive end Willie Davis, who passed away in April. Davis played 10 seasons in Green Bay,

Read More...

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/18/2020 at 1:59 PM, slats7 said:

Dumb. Sixty isn't a milestone anniversary like 25, 50, etc.

I recall the Eagles, Lions, and maybe Giants doing a 60th patch.

On 7/21/2020 at 5:44 PM, ltjets21 said:

Random question but was last year the most they have ever worn Navy in a season "home and away" since they started wearing white at home in 1964? 9 times in one year is a lot for them the most I can ever remember in the past was around 4 or 5 maximum when the Eagles and Skins would force their hands coupled with early season hot away games.

Actually, it was 8 times in 2019

I did a thread in the other section of the forum a while ago. It was on when road teams wore their dark colors on the road for half of their road games. The other time besides 2019 when Dallas wore the navy blue for that many games was in the 1983 season.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/20/2020 at 5:36 PM, simtek34 said:

So basically something similar to the 2013 Pro Bowl?

spacer.png

I realize this is a post from January about the 2013 Pro Bowl...but it makes me wish the Giants brought the back red outlines on the numbers. That Pro Bowl uni is better IMO than just New York's current blue and white. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• LMU unlocked this topic

Miami Dolphins To Wear Patch In Honor Of Legendary Coach Don Shula

August 13, 2020 - 18:37 PM

The Miami Dolphins announced on Thursday the team will wear a patch during the upcoming season in honor of legendary head coach Don Shula, who passed away in May at age 90.  The hexagonal patch will feature Shula’s last name and “347” to indicate his all-time wins, which are the

Read More...

As a lifelong Phins fan, I have to say that the patch is a little underwhelming. Not sure why they picked that shape but man, they could've really personalized this a lot more with items that would not only look good on uniform but be a little more memorable. It didn't have to be much to be honest but that weird shape and plain font reeks of a rushed job.  To me, It looks kinda like an advertisement more than a commemorative patch.   

Personally, I think they should have gone with something sort of like this: 

spacer.png

On 8/13/2020 at 5:14 PM, Est1980 said:

As a lifelong Phins fan, I have to say that the patch is a little underwhelming. Not sure why they picked that shape but man, they could've really personalized this a lot more with items that would not only look good on uniform but be a little more memorable. It didn't have to be much to be honest but that weird shape and plain font reeks of a rushed job.  To me, It looks kinda like an advertisement more than a commemorative patch.   

Personally, I think they should have gone with something sort of like this: 

spacer.png

It looks like a Last Vegas sign rather than a memorial sign. Was there an Orange Bowl scoreboard shaped like that? That would at least make sense.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

@Joe Kane if so, the Jets would have improved their uniforms significantly.

Edit: looked for more Jets training camp pics online. Nothing with either white or green pants with traditional stripe coming up so far. Somewhat convinced these may actually be compression pants/shorts we're seeing out of Jets camp.

spacer.png

Hotter Than July > Thriller

27 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

@Joe Kane if so, the Jets would have improved their uniforms significantly.

Edit: looked for more Jets training camp pics online. Nothing with either white or green pants with traditional stripe coming up so far. Somewhat convinced these may actually be compression pants/shorts we're seeing out of Jets camp.

spacer.png

They look like “game pants” especially in the first pick where you see the nfl logo and the crotch area is built more like game pants, but with now pad inserts meaning we’ll never see them on the field. 

1 hour ago, Newfie said:

Anyone else find it strange that none of the sideline gear for this season has been unveiled yet?

Nike's "Authentics" line has been severely delayed by COVID-19 factory closures.  We sell it to our college & high school customers and plenty of it has not delivered or delivered complete yet.  It typically delivers in late May/June.

However, a good deal of the new fanwear is available on Fanatics so not all of it is delayed, and the NFL & premier NCAA programs will get their gear first, as they book it earlier.  

13 hours ago, Joe Kane said:

Jets tweak their game pants for a more traditional stripe?

tuppd5b1chsoes2ascmx.jpg

I'd be shocked, since it would not compliment the silly "shard" of Green on the jersey.

Sadly, this is an upgrade we won't get.  

As another commented, the NFL Equipment patch signifies this is official practice gear.  

5 hours ago, Volt said:

I'd be shocked, since it would not compliment the silly "shard" of Green on the jersey.

Same thing could be said for USC's uniforms. They have shard like shoulder stripe on the jerseys that don't exactly complement the three stripes of the pants, but most people on this board accept it as a good looking uniform.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Archived