NFL 2020

FormerLurker

Don't know if it's been mentioned yet in the thread (too many pages to go through ha), but Fanatics is selling Black versions of the Saints Color Rush jersey and have it listed as "Alternate Game Jersey." (https://www.fanatics.com/nfl/new-orleans-saints/michael-thomas-new-orleans-saints-nike-alternate-game-jersey-black/o-1338+t-81592520+p-58424624259+z-9-132332964?_ref=p-TLP:m-NAFH:i-r0c3:po-3)

spacer.png

Could be nothing, or could mean we will be getting an on-field version for the first time since the first year of Nike.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, gothedistance said:

Maybe they can get the helmets they used for the AFL legacy games in 2009 when the NFL goes back to letting teams to use another helmet again.

They could literally do this right now (see Bills, Giants, Bears).  Not like they're ever gonna acknowledge their original black & gold set.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

7 hours ago, gothedistance said:

The Raiders wear the silver numbers as their color rush. They wore them against the 49ers in 2018 and last year in Oakland against the Chargers.

I know that, but the Color Rush uniform is but a pale imitation.  The numbers have a thinner outline; I think a light-colored number needs the thick outline on a light-colored jersey.  And I loathe the white pants.

867545472.jpg.jpg

This looks so much better.

ecct0915raiders09.jpg

Maybe they can get the helmets they used for the AFL legacy games in 2009 when the NFL goes b

ack to letting teams to use another helmet again.

I really hope that never happens.  The sport isn't safe to play under the best of circumstances, don't want it made any more dangerous.

15 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

I know that, but the Color Rush uniform is but a pale imitation.  The numbers have a thinner outline; I think a light-colored number needs the thick outline on a light-colored jersey.  And I loathe the white pants.

[snip]

They did wear silver pants with the CR uniforms vs the Chargers last year.

raiders-silver.jpg 

raiders-2.jpg 

I still think black numbers look better.

ExJworW.png

2 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

All the Saints need is this uniform and the white version they've been using as color rush. That's it.

I think the problem is that the saints were basically wearing recolored packers uniforms. While this was their best look, multiple teams going back to this era would create a very homogenized aesthetic. Would be better if they tool the old gold/black/white and came up with something a tad more unique but not modern.

3 hours ago, TBGKon said:

Orange and pewter dont really  belong together like this.  The team made the right decision...

It's not like he could be wearing any other helmet.

The 2000s uniforms are good the the Bucco Bruce creamsicles are sooooo much better.

On 9/1/2020 at 10:34 AM, Magic Dynasty said:

They did wear silver pants with the CR uniforms vs the Chargers last year.

raiders-silver.jpg 

raiders-2.jpg 

I still think black numbers look better.

I absolutely love the silver numbers, but they still work best as an alternate look. 

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Archived