NFL 2020

FormerLurker

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, daniel75 said:

They should go old school blue and white, nice and clean. The yellow and blue is overrated imo.

I agree. Current helmet & Pants. Updated blue and white jerseys with miniscule yellow, swoosh and logo patch, yellow and blue sock options. Blue and yellow could be reserved as alt versions. 

25 minutes ago, BellaSpurs said:

May be out of left field, but it’s totally like Nike to throw in some Colorado St esq new horn design. In navy and yellow too to top it off.

That sounds like something Nike would do. I hope they don't. The Rams don't need to fix their helmet design. Just go back to navy and gold and they'll be good.

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

23 minutes ago, BrandMooreArt said:

definitely not.

nor ATL

I know you probably can’t answer this but I can’t help but wonder if I’m reading too much into you not disputing the Chiefs as well? 🤔

16 hours ago, Gobbi said:

I know you probably can’t answer this but I can’t help but wonder if I’m reading too much into you not disputing the Chiefs as well? 🤔

oh i dont know about that one. haven't heard anything. i know they've tried to make some subtle adjustments to the primary logo to make the KC monogram work a little better, but couldn't say if there were any larger plans than that. 

someone mentioned that a team was doing a complete re-brand. i havent heard or seen anything about that either but if thats true, my guess would be the Raiders

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

17 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

The Rams only wore Red for one year, there's no real history to it, it was just them trying to find out a look.

1949_LARams.png

I thought they wore Red and Black for 1936/37/38 give or take? Obviously I'm in no way arguing for them to be a red team just because they wore it for a few seasons. I always felt they did it in 49 to identify closer with SC and the LA area. Just an opinion I have no idea why they did. . 

#DTWD #GoJaguars

The Saints reportedly requested to wear Color Rush on Sunday but were denied so will instead wear their white yoga pants with their normal white jerseys. Might be a team worth watching this offseason to see if they follow the Browns in requesting more allowances to wear CR before the season starts.

21 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

I heard on Reddit that their colors will be close to Cal's: dark navy and yellow. 

Yay, more navy blue. The NFL totally doesn’t have anyone wearing that color. Certainly not a fourth of the league. 

It could work if they go really heavy on the yellow, up to and including making it their home jersey color, and have shoulder horns like home (throwback) uniforms from last couple years and Color Rush. Something that straightforward and obvious seems anathema to Nike, though. 

On 1/2/2020 at 10:03 PM, Old School Fool said:

The Rams only wore Red for one year, there's no real history to it, it was just them trying to find out a look.

1949_LARams.png

The Rams in red would imply 75% of the NFC West using red as a primary color. Who wants that?

On 12/30/2019 at 4:23 PM, gosioux76 said:

I was watching some NFL Films season recap documentaries from the late '70s and early '80s on YouTube yesterday (nerd alert!) and can't imagine a better look for the Falcons than what they wore in that era, which I'll forever think of as the Bartkowski Era. The bright red, black and gray was really unique. 

I'd be in favor of a modest modernization of that look. 

spacer.png

On 12/30/2019 at 8:21 PM, FinsUp1214 said:

For some reason, as a kid these uniforms had this kind of intimidation factor to it. Similar to the Raiders, it just had this gritty, tough, no-nonsense feel that really made it stand out to me. The logo would need serious improving (not the current logo; a better attempt than that thing), but I would love to see something like this come back.

If not that though, I’ll admit that for some reason in my studies of past uniforms for fun, I’ve grown more fond of the Falcons’ red heavy sets of the 80’s and if they ever go red helmet again, I’d prefer they go all out on red like they did back then:

spacer.png

I grew up with the falcons as more of a black team, but seeing these more often, I could get behind a general update of this color palette, though I'd suspect they stick to more black, with an alternate jersey and the main pants being black. 

Archived