NFL 2020

FormerLurker

16 minutes ago, TheBigFiz21 said:

I wonder if the Ravens didn't apply the 25th anniversary patch on the jerseys...haven't seen it in the photoshoots, social media posts, etc.

Fanatics/NFL Shop doesn't even have it on the jerseys being sold nor is there a standalone patch.

Maybe we'll only see it on-field at the 25 for gameday, possibly? Just a thought, but I'll wait to see if the Week 1 hype video coming soon previews anything for us.

It's not going to be used as a uniform patch.  Maybe as a helmet decal but other than that, it may only be for promotional materials.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, Eszcz21 said:

Very disappointing, but you know when they wear all white they get to tweet snowflake emojis and say "icy".

They've asked players in interviews which combo is their favourite and I've seen several say all white. I don't get the league wide monochrome obsession

Interesting Browns field for this year:

No logo at midfield, but 50 yard line mimics the helmet stripes. Not sure I've ever seen this done before?

Endzones have helmet, wordmark and AFC logo

Field numbers are in the new uniform number font

I really liked the vertical striped endzones, but think this is an improvement.

30 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

Interesting Browns field for this year:

No logo at midfield, but 50 yard line mimics the helmet stripes. Not sure I've ever seen this done before?

Endzones have helmet, wordmark and AFC logo

Field numbers are in the new uniform number font

I really liked the vertical striped endzones, but think this is an improvement.

Throwback Thursday: Municipal Stadium's homefield advantage

Reminds me a little of this layout from the last few years of Municipal Stadium. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

6 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

They've also done that in the regular uniforms. The Lawrence Taylor era uniforms look better because it doesn't seem that every piece was picked at random, like the current away uniforms do since their's no blue at all on the jerseys except for the logo. 

Hey now. I love that about their current road look. Blue team at home, red team on the road. 

4 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

Hey now. I love that about their current road look. Blue team at home, red team on the road. 

Mississippi has this problem too. Their blue jerseys have no red and the red jerseys have no blue. It drives me a little crazy.

Ole Miss Football: Rebels bounce back with win over Arkansas

Ole Miss and Arkansas Start Conference Schedule in Oxford - ESPN 98.1 FM -  850 AM WRUF

Ole Miss Football: Four Former Rebels Kick Off Season With Memphis Express

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2020-21 NFL Uniform Season Preview

September 10, 2020 - 21:08 PM

The NFL season is finally upon us as the defending Super Bowl champion Kansas City Chiefs play host to the Houston Texans on Thursday evening (8:20 p.m. on NBC). With that, we’ve compiled a list of every uniform and logo change that took place across the league this offseason. But

Read More...

On 9/9/2020 at 4:05 PM, ScubaSteve said:

The Giants have the potential to be one of the best looking teams in the league but simply choose not to. The switch to white pants was good, but they need to have "GIANTS" on their helmet and completely redo their absurd white jerseys

Maybe they do the blue/red dominant thing for historical reasons? They wore blue home-red road from 1954 to 1965, which is around the time they introduced the "NY" logo that they used, ditched, and now use again.

spacer.png

2 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Maybe they do the blue/red dominant thing for historical reasons? They wore blue home-red road from 1954 to 1965, which is around the time they introduced the "NY" logo that they used, ditched, and now use again.

spacer.png

the only reason why they have a red dominant road jersey is that someone in the mara family has nostalgia for that look...when the initially went back to the ny look it had blue numbers and socks then went to red then back to the nostalgic road look...if they did not have a history of that look it would be dumb and not uniform but it harkens back to a time when sometimes you wore what you could get your hands on and it was good enough...sometimes weird looks stuck.

New field design in Atlanta to coincide with the new uniforms. I have a feeling this isn’t going to go over too well! I like the bold contrasting red text on black, but the white outlines don’t match the jerseys so it seems strange. Also strange is that the Atlanta Falcons text and field markers appear to be a different font that I haven’t seen before. The field markers don’t match the jersey font, which is the recent trend across football.

I’ll be curious to see if this is the full time design or if they’ll tweak it depending on the jersey style (such as the gradient or white, both of which they’re scheduled to wear at home this year). I’m somewhat surprised to see black endzones knowing that they split the field with Atlanta United but they did it once last year against the Saints so maybe that was a test run.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Archived