NFL 2020

FormerLurker

9 hours ago, sleuthpanther said:

Who said I wasn’t...? They both stink. Just use the white pants without the gray stripe and it would look much less “dingy”. I’m not moving goalposts because I don’t have an argument, it’s my humble opinion on pants color 😂

Well, then, yes... I could see that. If you feel the gray pants are out of place, then they should design completely different white pants, more along the lines of the color rush pants. The current white pants with the vestual gray separations just look like odd replacements. But those color rush pants would look terrible with the current white jersey, so you'd have to redesign that, too.

I dunno, I'm just a fan of the quirky, gray pants at home, no blue on the road jersey, illogical matched uniform. You can't really argue me out of it, because every point you make about why it's "wrong" I actually agree with, except those are all the very reasons I love it. It's a uniform that would never be designed today, because it makes so little sense, but still looks so awesome. And the white pants don't "suck" so much as make me sad.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The misstep the Giants made was choosing the wrong pair of gray pants to keep in the first place...

best-wide-receivers-in-new-york-giants-h

... those are the ones they should have kept. 

Setting aside the fact that it pairs better with the helmet (IMO), its a much simpler design for one of the mose barebones basic uniforms in the NFL. Also, on the point of gray pants, I like them because with them being more neutral, it allows the white numbers to "pop out" more.  

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

4 hours ago, Buc said:

The misstep the Giants made was choosing the wrong pair of gray pants to keep in the first place...

best-wide-receivers-in-new-york-giants-h

... those are the ones they should have kept. 

Setting aside the fact that it pairs better with the helmet (IMO), its a much simpler design for one of the mose barebones basic uniforms in the NFL. Also, on the point of gray pants, I like them because with them being more neutral, it allows the white numbers to "pop out" more.  

It's a drab look overall. Not necessarily bad just plain. Their road look in particular for me...way too much red for the New York Giants. The helmets are blue but it seems like everything from the neck down is red

spacer.png

It's a drab look overall. Not necessarily bad just plain. Their road look in particular for me...way too much red for the New York Giants. The helmets are blue but it seems like everything from the neck down is red. It overpowers the helmet which for the Giants is where the eye should be drawn.

And definitely go back to the blue helmet with GIANTS on it. The lower case ny bunched together just doesn't carry the same punch

23 hours ago, BBTV said:

That stadium looks like such a monstrosity with that stupid end-zone "wing" section, the weird lighting, and the "just barely open even when it's open" top to it.

It's like the The Homer of stadiums, with all the gimmicks.  SoFi and Allegiant look down right quotidian compared to this thing.

23 hours ago, QCS said:

Megatron's butthole is one of the worst new stadiums in recent memory, which is great for me because it gives me one more thing to laugh at Atlanta about. 

Yeah no, y'all are completely wrong. Go see it in person and watch a game there. It's a beautiful venue. 

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

1 minute ago, GriffinM6 said:

Yeah no, y'all are completely wrong. Go see it in person and watch a game there. It's a beautiful venue. 

Aside from fandom, I would actually really like to see a game there. Of course, that doesn't change that from the top the way it opens is very, uh, unfortunate and makes certain jokes very, very easy.

the user formerly known as cdclt

2 hours ago, joey joe joe jr. shabadoo said:

It's a drab look overall. Not necessarily bad just plain. Their road look in particular for me...way too much red for the New York Giants. The helmets are blue but it seems like everything from the neck down is red

I would say to make the front numbers, back numbers, center stripes, and socks blue, leaving the outer stripes, names, and TV numbers red. That would be a decent balance that would keep them from looking too much like the Colts or Cowboys. Someone else can photoshop it.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

5 hours ago, joey joe joe jr. shabadoo said:

You didn't always get the impression watching on TV that there was that much space between the sidelines and the first row of seats. About 35 yards worth (Minnesota's was even worse)

I was in the upper deck January 1990 when Clay Mathews intercepted Jim Kelly at the one yard line to send the Browns to their last AFC Championship Game. And you could feel the stadium shake from all the noise.

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

4 hours ago, the admiral said:

I would say to make the front numbers, back numbers, center stripes, and socks blue, leaving the outer stripes, names, and TV numbers red. That would be a decent balance that would keep them from looking too much like the Colts or Cowboys. Someone else can photoshop it.

Your plan would be fine, but I'll go the other way - keep the numbers red, but make the sleeve stripes blue.  Or at least the middle one.  I used to be a "but... but they're BIG BLUE" guy, but now I don't care as much.

25 minutes ago, dont care said:

New this year yea, they are considering the striping pattern as a logo

Is the white part supposed to be a B?  If so... I think I really like it.  But if it's just a "square", then I need to know a little more.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

7 hours ago, joey joe joe jr. shabadoo said:

spacer.png

It's a drab look overall. Not necessarily bad just plain. Their road look in particular for me...way too much red for the New York Giants. The helmets are blue but it seems like everything from the neck down is red. It overpowers the helmet which for the Giants is where the eye should be drawn.

And definitely go back to the blue helmet with GIANTS on it. The lower case ny bunched together just doesn't carry the same punch

To each their own, but I think that road look is top 5 in the NFL.

Hell, the only quip I have about their uniforms is that I wish their white pants had the blue-red-blue stripe pattern, but other than that, I think they’re one of the best looking teams in the NFL (even though I’m a die-hard Cowboys homer).

And I don’t get the love for the GIANTS word mark on the helmet personally. I think it’s one of the more overrated, generic helmets in the Super Bowl era. Their current mark I feel is more appropriate for an old, classic franchise like the Giants. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

Your plan would be fine, but I'll go the other way - keep the numbers red, but make the sleeve stripes blue.  Or at least the middle one.  I used to be a "but... but they're BIG BLUE" guy, but now I don't care as much.

Is the white part supposed to be a B?  If so... I think I really like it.  But if it's just a "square", then I need to know a little more.

It’s just the striping, by itself. They just put a white box around it for contrast

5 hours ago, the admiral said:

spacer.png

4 hours ago, BucksFan5 said:

New Browns logo?

spacer.pngspacer.png

I actually like this a lot. Yeah it's simple, but unique and way better than the helmet logo. Almost has a fashion brand feel to it. Like Supreme or whatever the young people pay crap tons of money for these days. I'd definitely buy those sweats if they were for sale. 

Interesting. Might work.

I tried to just do Eli. I think it's pretty sharp, the non-touching red and blue on white has a nice wholesome feel to it, reminds me a little of the Habs, too. I also took the liberty of darkening the grey, seemed a little light. I should have done black cleats, too. The Giants should only ever wear black cleats.

naT7gHm.jpg

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived