So I found something interesting regarding Patriots players wearing the wrong font.

Here's that same player, Joejuan Williams, for his photoshoot with the new uniforms. The pants are new this season, and there's no NFL100 on the collar. 

But that's still the wrong font!

This means they didn't get him the wrong jersey for the game, they actually put the wrong numbers on this year's jersey for some players! 

tcneto3bg5qgdvlisht6.jpg

And here he is from the front yesterday, confirming no NFL100 again. So it's definitely not the mistake of someone grabbing last year's jersey instead.

frpokmce5zg7e2bgnpos.jpg

In the background here, you can see starting RT Jermaine Eluemunor wearing 72 in last year's font as well. This is the only real photo I can find but it's obvious on TV. What's interesting here is that he switched from 65 to 72 this offseason. This indicates another case of the wrong numbers being stitched onto a jersey. 

EDIT: Found a better pic.

The New England Patriots stand for the national anthem before an NFL football game while the Miami Dolphins remain in the lockerroom, Sunday, Sept. 13, 2020, in Foxborough, Mass. (AP Photo/Steven Senne)

I think a lot of uniforms may not have been as tailored as usual because of COVID. However the uniforms in New England don’t make sense for a pro organization. The equipment room easily could have separated the previous numbers out when they got in the new ones. 

3 minutes ago, walkerws said:

I think a lot of uniforms may not have been as tailored as usual because of COVID. However the uniforms in New England don’t make sense for a pro organization. The equipment room easily could have separated the previous numbers out when they got in the new ones. 

The proactive thing to do would be for whomever is accountable for the redesign to understand that that due to the slight differences between the new primary and old CR numbers/letters could cause confusion. The should have then informed the equipment staff or offsite tailoring shop promptly dispose of numerals and letters from prior seasons to avoid such confusion and co-mingling before the new stock arrives.

17 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

Does anybody else miss the Bills red helmet?

gettyimages-357510.jpg

There's just something about how the whole uniform set pops and the logo just fits real well on the red.

Above has a great usage of the red, white, and blue color combo, imo.

This is what they're currently wearing. Below unis are not bad, but tbh I kinda prefer the old.

R56TCTQ7WBE4LMA77KLGIF77CQ.jpg

Growing up in Western NY, it is a travesty the loss of the red helmet.  They look so generic with the white helmet.  Leave everything the same and bring back the red helmet.

I like the Bills' current white helmets, but the red/blue/white combo also looked good, and is unmistakably the Bills. They owned that color pattern. Plus the NFL could use more red helmets, and less white.

19 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

In addition to the lack of helmet stripes and logos, they changed the chest wordmark. It used to read “(Washington Football Team).”

Yes, the pants have a white and yellow stripe. Very subtle depending on the lighting. Here a few more looks.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Awesome Fun GIF by Tactical Baby Gear

19 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

Does anybody else miss the Bills red helmet?

gettyimages-357510.jpg

There's just something about how the whole uniform set pops and the logo just fits real well on the red.

Above has a great usage of the red, white, and blue color combo, imo.

This is what they're currently wearing. Below unis are not bad, but tbh I kinda prefer the old.

R56TCTQ7WBE4LMA77KLGIF77CQ.jpg

I always thought they were stupid to ditch the red helmets. Especially before the Jets switched to green helmets and the AFC East had three white helmets and a silver helmet.

1 hour ago, jdavidev said:

Leave everything the same and bring back the red helmet.

Yeah pretty much this.

I think the red... "motion stripe?" gets a little lost on the red.  I'm also not a fan of white facemasks on non-white helmets (no idea why, just never have been) and there's no other color mask that works on their red helmet but white (the blue looked horrible IMO.)

Now that there's only one other white helmet in the division, I think it's perfectly fine for them to have one of their own.  I might even make the logo like 10% or 15% larger too, since there's no extra keyline to take up extra space.

The Bills going to white was an overcorrection from the terrible 2002 set (that added baby blue to the helmet). It was good they changed to the look they have now, which is basically perfect, but not good they had to toss the red helmet along the way.

I really don’t like the red helmet, because it forced the logo to have a keyline. The fewer keylines a logo has, the better.

I prefer the Bills in white helmets. The buffalo logo stands out way more than it ever did on the reds. Just wish the Bills would have gone with blue facemasks instead of gray/white.

1 minute ago, 4_tattoos said:

Just wish the Colts would have gone with blue facemasks instead of gray.

Fixed. Indy had ONE job with their new uniforms and blew it.

Anyway, your actual statement... I prefer the Bills with a white facemask, even if they went back to a red helmet.

spacer.png

spacer.png

I’m not sure what’s happening whether it’s the camera, my eyes deceiving me, or some other factor, but (at least some of) the Steelers jerseys seem to be an off-white color.

9 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

I’m not sure what’s happening whether it’s the camera, my eyes deceiving me, or some other factor, but (at least some of) the Steelers jerseys seem to be an off-white color.

I came here to post the same thing.  It looks like they're wearing bone jerseys just like the Rams.

2 minutes ago, BBTV said:

I came here to post the same thing.  It looks like they're wearing bone jerseys just like the Rams.

It’s very noticeable when you look at the torso of the jersey compared to the sleeve caps, nameplate, and logo patch.

One helmet rule: White helmets

Two helmet rule: Red and white.

Standing buffalo throwbacks are too good to not have the choice to use them. But yes, the navy outlines need to go.