NFL 2020

FormerLurker

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/1/2020 at 10:59 AM, Colin_Pernett said:

Really? I think that every falcons set up until the current one is the best uniform in football. They really had the perfect look for decades.

I call the Falcons, Cardinals, Patriots and Bengals the FUBU jersey look with all that gross piping and graphics flying all over the jersey.  I would almost fit the Broncos in the same category with their dated uniforms too. 

18 hours ago, Haz_Matt said:

It looks exactly like a ram 

That doesn't mean it looks good.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 12/31/2019 at 5:48 PM, MCM0313 said:

Honestly, I do think a modernization of this could work. I LOVED the white jersey with red numbers and socks - among my favorite looks of all time. 1998-Atlanta-Falcons-Chris-Chandler-Jamal-Anderson-05908636.thumb.jpg.f2d3376e02c487967886240e31c5d7d5.jpg

Bring in a red alt, make the pant stripes narrower, maybe snazz up the jerseys a tiny bit. Boom. 

I got to thinking, and the closest current look to this is obviously the Giants’ red-heavy road set, which I’ve also always liked. The Texans wearing white jerseys, blue pants and red socks also came to mind, but according to the Gridiron Uniform Database that hasn’t happened since 2008! The Texans haven’t had blue pants and red socks together at all since 2016 and that was with a red jersey. 

On a related note, the Panthers did not wear black pants and blue socks together once this season. Am I gonna have to start dressing all these teams?!

On 1/5/2020 at 5:23 PM, Tru3 said:

I grew up with the falcons as more of a black team, but seeing these more often, I could get behind a general update of this color palette, though I'd suspect they stick to more black, with an alternate jersey and the main pants being black. 

I'm older, and the Falcons were a red team for me. But I like the original Falcons home uniform set with the red helmets and black jerseys. I could get behind that. I think they're better without gray/silver.

I could even stand the current numbers. Just get rid of the rest of the uniform.

There was a lot of nitpicks that I really didn’t like about the titans. Wish there was more powder (thank you chargers at least) and I SO wish they changed the navy in the helmet to white.

I loved their old set I thought it was always cool with the color balance. 

BUT when they keep showing old pics and videos of this team in the playoffs, wow what an upgrade this current set is. It is just cleaner and is way more modern, doesn’t scream “outdated”

again i I still have a lot of tweaks in my head but the overall look is really good

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

I'd argue that the current set looked dated the second it was unveiled.  The old set was fine - they just needed to settle on fewer combos.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

9 hours ago, msubulldog said:

What are the chances of the Redskins under Rivera going WAH more often than they did in the 2010s? 

I prefer them in white more often than burgundy, especially at home vs Cowboys. But I like the yello-gold pants periodically so what do I know. 

Washington should wear burgundy as little as possible.  Maybe just because of when I grew up, but I associate them as a white-jersey team as much as the Cowboys.  If they got a full uniform overhaul, then maybe this can be revisited.

On 12/30/2019 at 10:28 PM, oldschoolvikings said:

This is one of the best looking football uniforms, at any level, at any time;

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

A Falcons redesign should begin and end with this exact uniform. Anything else is 100% the wrong answer.

I've seen the Cardinals, Panthers, Falcons, and Patriots mentioned as teams that have extremely outdated late 90's/early 2000's uniforms that are in desperate need of an update. I agree on all fronts.

I'll also throw in the Ravens and Eagles. Both extremely outdated uniform sets from the same era mentioned above.

Especially the Eagles. Not sure whose idea it was to go with the God-awful midnight green uniforms with black facemask/black accents. But they were awful when they were first introduced and are even worse now. The Eagles current set is on the same level of bad as those Blue/Silver/Black Lions uniforms that they recently replaced. They come from the 1990's era of "lets add black to everything because black sells!". The Eagle head logo on the sleeve is horrendous too. There are high school teams with better secondary logos than that Eagle head. Back to the kelly green with the flying Eagle PLEASE.

Hopefully all or some of the above will be updated in 2020.

22 minutes ago, GrimlockAutobot said:

A Falcons redesign should begin and end with this exact uniform. Anything else is 100% the wrong answer.

I hate their Red helmet...and it reminds me too much of Georgia's.  

If they're going to call back to their roots while updating things, this would be a better way to go:

DUVCOmfVoAAem66.jpg

Personally, I think they should go in an entirely new direction and embrace a mid-tone Grey.  Replace Gold in the uniform below with Red, add a little more Black & Red, and build out a new unique identity:

cb8d4a858278209e342ea71bb3a1f9b5.jpg

If they insist on a Black or Red primary jersey, consider a matte/satin White helmet then.  Black facemask, red/black stripes/logo/bumpers. 

I would welcome a change for the Eagles, but I've never understood the hate for their current uniforms. 

The Ravens uniforms aesthetically are pretty much in the same mold -- tired and reeks of 2000s, but not necisarilly bad. Not sure how many of you are on social media, but the gothic font they use on their posts is SO GOOD and I would be interested to see if in the future they embraced a redesign with a heavily gothic feel. 

The Panthers don't need to change a thing. 

The Falcons should look like this: 

0skgd0e9ih031.jpg

Archived