NFL 2020

FormerLurker

I don't mind players deciding their own accessories, etc, but I really don't care for the "undershirt sticking out" and not wearing socks correctly trend. It infuriates me even more in baseball, where socks are integral to the design and should be at the very least visible.

the user formerly known as cdclt

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, aawagner011 said:

Can't find a great picture to show how widespread it was, but there were some moments when the Rams were on defense and I think I counted 10/11 players on field all had the blue undershirts sticking out. It looked horrible.

spacer.png

Ya know, i'm not a huge fan of that trend either, but the more i see it the more i'm thinking it might be a comfort thing. Perhaps the elastic on the bottom of some jerseys either is uncomfortable on the skin, or it just rides so high that it leaves the shirt exposed more? 

THe solution to that is 1) tuck in your jersey rather than have it tailored with elastic, or 2) wear the undershirt, but tuck it in.

THat blue cumberbund is changing the uniform, since it was designed to be monobone.  Someone on the team who's wearing his uniform correctly should really be a leader and tell that player (58? 59?) that he looks like a complete idiot.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Yeah, players need to start tucking in their jerseys again in the NFL.

NFL needs to get back to when they were the "No Fun League" when it comes to uniforms.

Black/white shoes uniform across the team

tucked in jerseys

socks to a certain exact height with white showing.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

Just now, _J_ said:

Yeah, players need to start tucking in their jerseys again in the NFL.

NFL needs to get back to when things were the "No Fun League" when it comes to uniforms.

Black/white shoes uniform across the team

tucked in jerseys

socks to a certain exact height with white showing.

And the referees in white pants with the striped socks!!

It's Me

43 minutes ago, BBTV said:

THe solution to that is 1) tuck in your jersey rather than have it tailored with elastic, or 2) wear the undershirt, but tuck it in.

THat blue cumberbund is changing the uniform, since it was designed to be monobone.  Someone on the team who's wearing his uniform correctly should really be a leader and tell that player (58? 59?) that he looks like a complete idiot.

He'll be fined by the league. But if he doesn't care it won't matter.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Can’t say I really understand the huge undershirt hanging out of the bottom of the jersey. It looks stupid and sloppy and doesn’t seem to be very practical, especially for offensive players, who wouldn’t want anything hanging loose that could be grabbed.
I think the elastic hem makes a lot of sense because it’s really difficult to keep a football jersey tucked in. 
IMO, Zeke’s shirt is the ideal football undershirt for two reasons:

spacer.png

1) It’s cooler and more comfortable than having a clingy sweaty shirt sticking to your stomach, while still preventing chafing and running from shoulder pads and straps

2) Looks super badass, especially on the big boys

1 hour ago, Hat Boy said:

When they wear mono blue, will their un-tucked t-shirts be white?

One way of fix it, just have it match pants color. I don't mind it as long as it's part of the color scheme. 

1 hour ago, 8BW14 said:

Can’t say I really understand the huge undershirt hanging out of the bottom of the jersey. It looks stupid and sloppy and doesn’t seem to be very practical, especially for offensive players, who wouldn’t want anything hanging loose that could be grabbed.
I think the elastic hem makes a lot of sense because it’s really difficult to keep a football jersey tucked in. 
IMO, Zeke’s shirt is the ideal football undershirt for two reasons:

spacer.png

1) It’s cooler and more comfortable than having a clingy sweaty shirt sticking to your stomach, while still preventing chafing and running from shoulder pads and straps

2) Looks super badass, especially on the big boys

Back about 100 years ago, when I played high school football, I had an undershirt that looked remarkably similar to Elliott's, only it was one of those early '90s sports caricature t-shirts of the Tigers' Allen Trammel. This is me taking the long way around to say that picture reminds me how much I miss that Allen Trammel shirt. 

7 minutes ago, ManillaToad said:

Bengals, Broncos, Cardinals, Panthers, Rams. The Dolphins, Falcons, Panthers, Pats, and Titans could make small changes to their current sets. Every other team looks perfectly fine imo

Probably an unpopular opinion among the NFL fans but maybe not around these parts - the Seahawks. I have never been too crazy about the Nike-fied look and I think after 8 years, it looks so much worse. It is time for a refresh.

I also know this will probably not happen considering this is a Super Bowl winning uniform.

Archived