NFL 2020

FormerLurker

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, JayMac said:

Probably an unpopular opinion among the NFL fans but maybe not around these parts - the Seahawks. I have never been too crazy about the Nike-fied look and I think after 8 years, it looks so much worse. It is time for a refresh.

I also know this will probably not happen considering this is a Super Bowl winning uniform.

Just remember, Tampa Bay went away with their Super Bowl set around 2014 (granted they obviously went back to them due to backlash of the alarm clock ones). Seattle's uniforms aren't going to stand the test of time, so I'm thinking that they'll change it up in the future.

Hot take (maybe?): The Seahawk blue of the 2000's was amazing.

40 minutes ago, Dynasty said:

Just remember, Tampa Bay went away with their Super Bowl set around 2014 (granted they obviously went back to them due to backlash of the alarm clock ones). Seattle's uniforms aren't going to stand the test of time, so I'm thinking that they'll change it up in the future.

Hot take (maybe?): The Seahawk blue of the 2000's was amazing.

My favorite, obviously, was the original set (technically the second because the sleeve stripes gave way to the logo). But I really liked the 2000's set. I loved that blue as well.

9 hours ago, _J_ said:

NFL needs to get back to when they were the "No Fun League" when it comes to uniforms.

We made so much fun of the NFL enforcing sock height and all that draconian stuff, but apparently they had the right idea all along, because football players left to their own devices will decide that it's very hip and fashion-forward to turn an undershirt into a darling little micro-miniskirt, or put socks on their arms. The Rams look stupid enough as intended.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

7 hours ago, _RH_ said:

My guess is when you work that hard for abs you show them off at every opportunity.

This may be the reason, but it will show that players are very hmmm...vain?

7 hours ago, Hat Boy said:

The 1980s, my friend. The 1980s.

I wouldn't like to wear crop top shirt and being tackled on this low quality artificial turf from 80's because I know I'd probably tore my skin on stomach or back.

4r2eer.png

On 9/16/2020 at 3:08 PM, guest23 said:

Even better point articulating there is likely no savings in mixing old/new numbers.

There is, though. Almost every team buys number inventory from their own source; I t’s not subsidized by the outfitter. We had one team request to keep numbers the same because they had *hundreds* of thousands of dollars of current numbers on hand.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Since the previous Seahawks set came up, I think they did a great job of capturing the region. Whatever you call that shade of blue seemed to reflect the dreary and rainy city and I liked the super subtle touches of lime green. The regular navy trim did a good job to liven it up from the weird blue. And while it was monochrome, the navy socks definitely helped.

spacer.png

spacer.png

9 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

The regular navy trim did a good job to liven it up from the weird blue.

Except in practice on the uniform they were pretty indistinguishable and just added murkiness to an already drab set.

No more dark colors, especially navy. Bring back royal! It's okay to have colors in football!

11 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

There is, though. Almost every team buys number inventory from their own source; I t’s not subsidized by the outfitter. We had one team request to keep numbers the same because they had *hundreds* of thousands of dollars of current numbers on hand.

At one hundred dollars per number (no chance), you're saying they had thousands of numbers on hand? Uhhhhh......no.

It's where I sit.

They stocked up on numbers in case of a pandemic just like people stocked up on toilet paper. The irony is that they’ve been wiping their asses with spare 2s for the past 6 months. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

14 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

At one hundred dollars per number (no chance), you're saying they had thousands of numbers on hand? Uhhhhh......no.

Yeah that was my thought...seems like a huge supply order error if they had thousands of numbers and/or number sets on hand. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

13 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Thank you for typing this and saving me the effort. At most you would have a full roster's worth of spare numbers on hand which would still amount to a rounding error on an franchise's budget. I simply do not see the need to ruin your new on field look just to save a few bucks because too many old numbers.

On 9/17/2020 at 3:07 PM, Chawls said:

How do we feel about Stefon Diggs wearing grey cleats and mouthguard to match the Bills grey facemask?

I wish he was wearing blue cleats and mouthguard to match the Bills' facemask instead.

15 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

Since the previous Seahawks set came up, I think they did a great job of capturing the region. Whatever you call that shade of blue seemed to reflect the dreary and rainy city and I liked the super subtle touches of lime green. The regular navy trim did a good job to liven it up from the weird blue. And while it was monochrome, the navy socks definitely helped.

spacer.png

spacer.png

I like Seattle's current uniform better. And it's not just because of the Super Bowl runs.

2 hours ago, gothedistance said:

I like Seattle's current uniform better. And it's not just because of the Super Bowl runs.

This color palette is superior to what they currently wear but the uniform itself needed some fixing. The most egregious items being the contrasting color sleeves and the tiny logo that was overshadowed by the reebok vector above it.

The Gridiron Uniform Database has started observing the new haphazard approach to wearing socks so that all the uniform images are animated gifs. 

2020_SF_C%20GIF.gif

hehe look at em go

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

12 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Obviously, I have no way to evaluate and/or verify their claim, but that’s what they said: they had hundreds of thousands of dollars of current digits and nameplate lettering on hand. I don’t know where they get their kits or what that place charges, but that’s what they said.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived